Any Recent Success at Bridge Tours

Nezmo

asked me at dinner one evening, what I missed from cruzing..I said "continental table service, and Bridge tour"..but that I understood.. He arranged one for me the next day..I sent a nice thank you note

i guess it comes down to what you consider 'recent', but we did the bridge tour on destiny back in october.

we asked to speak with the captain at the captain's reception, and he sent over an officer a few minutes later. we requested a bridge tour and were called to set up the time, etc. i think the next morning.

they also said that you can request a tour from the purser's office.

here's a pic from the bridge:

destriny-bridge-to-bow.jpg

Our family has had a bridge tour in the past year.

I did not go because our youngest son with Autism was not having a good day...but hubby and oldest son thoroughly enjoyed it. It lasted about 30 minutes.

i guess it comes down to what you consider 'recent', but we did the bridge tour on destiny back in october.

we asked to speak with the captain at the captain's reception, and he sent over an officer a few minutes later. we requested a bridge tour and were called to set up the time, etc. i think the next morning.

they also said that you can request a tour from the purser's office.

here's a pic from the bridge:

destriny-bridge-to-bow.jpg

OH MY GOSH!!! I love that picture.. Wish me luck all... I'm going to try it next week... First Officer I see I'm going to ask!!! And then the 2nd and the 3rd...!!!

OH MY GOSH!!! I love that picture.. Wish me luck all... I'm going to try it next week... First Officer I see I'm going to ask!!! And then the 2nd and the 3rd...!!!

good luck :D

here's one of the side of the ship from one of the 'wings'

destriny-bridge-view.jpg

here's one of the side of the ship from one of the 'wings'

destriny-bridge-view.jpg

Yes those boys get good views down the sides, from the flying bridges on either side.

When I did the bridge tour on Ocean Village Two

I was taken with the decking on their flying bridge!

FlyBridge-155.jpg

This is the one thing my husband who is a US Navy Captain (reserve) has always wanted to do. We understood they didn't do them at all anymore. He sees it as more than just a tour with a view. He loves to see the equipment and talk to the officers standing watch. I'll try to approach the purser on Miracle and ask because that would be the highlight of the trip for him.

This is the one thing my husband who is a US Navy Captain (reserve) has always wanted to do.

We understood they didn't do them at all anymore. ===> They make exceptions. ;)

I'll try to approach the purser on Miracle and ask

If you can show them a USNavy ID card of some sort, they'll probably accommodate him. ;)

Pull rank!

Had one on the Glory a few years ago..arranged it as a surprise for DH..

I think the ONLY reason it was granted was DH is a fishing boat charter captain and the ship's captain was a BIG fisherman...Had to keep it such a secret we couldn't tell the other couple we were cruising with. It was a private tour. Ship's captain brought out his tackle box and spent more time askiing DH about 'this lure' and 'that hook'....than he did showing us anything... but his 1st Officer gave us a good tour after Captain was 'done with him'. It was VERY COOL!

Had one on the Glory a few years ago..arranged it as a surprise for DH..

I think the ONLY reason it was granted was DH is a fishing boat charter captain and the ship's captain was a BIG fisherman...

Had to keep it such a secret we couldn't tell the other couple we were cruising with.

It was a private tour.

Ship's captain brought out his tackle box and spent more time askiing DH about 'this lure' and 'that hook'

....than he did showing us anything...

but his 1st Officer gave us a good tour after Captain was 'done with him'. It was VERY COOL!

It's never What you know, is it...

It's Who you know! ;)

poor thing, how old is he if you don't mind my asking?

He is now 17. Btw, we used to live in Brandon. (Crossgates on Cherry Drive)

Small world.

He does really well most of the time. (He just completed his 30th Carnival cruise last month.) But some things that would really be exciting to most people (like seeing the bridge) makes him uncomfortable.

Carnival Cruise Lines is apparently in the "thinking stages" of considering making bridge tours available (after a lengthy absence), to passengers in the future . . . most likely with a tour fee.
A fee would be disappointing but if it means they can bring back the fruit punch. Doh! Sorry! Can't believe I just hijacked my own thread and with that sorry, old subject too.

I know they're as rare as an up day on Wall Street now but I also know they are still granted from time to time. Anyone have anything to report?

Spent over 30 minutes on the bridge on a cruise earlier this month, unfortunately it was not on Carnival but on another line. Really neat to watch the procedure as we entered port.

Spent over 30 minutes on the bridge on a cruise earlier this month,

unfortunately it was not on Carnival but on another line.

Really neat to watch the procedure as we entered port.

I'm surprised they'd allow bystanders on the bridge

at an 'intensive' time like entering port.

I'm surprised they'd allow bystanders on the bridge

at an 'intensive' time like entering port.

Why? As long as the guests are quiet and stand out of the way, it's not a big deal. It would just be fun to watch. I don't think the bridge crew sees it as "intensive", just as part of their job. A well trained bridge crew won't be "intense". They will be concentrating on their job, but they also have lots of experience and the pilot will be there too. The bridge crew is also not running around. Everyone has their station to work at and observers who are on the bridge are not in the way as long as they stay where they've been asked to.

Archived