What to wear?

tigger54

Only 2 weeks before my cruise. I am starting to panic. I am so afraid I will forget something. I am cruising on the Pride going to the Eastern Caribbean. One question. Is there an actual Caribbean day where we should be wearing carribean type clothing? I thought I read something about this but can't find anything on the Carnival site about it.

Thanks for any advise.

tigger54

http://www.cruisedirectonline.com/packing.html Check out this site. It has a good packing list--of course you will need to modify for your individual needs. Most important thing is DO NOT overpack. There are laundry facilities on most ships, so you can always wash and wear something again. They also offer the "fill the bag" deal where Carnival will wash/dry/fold whatever you can fit in the bag provided for $15.

Don't panic. Have fun and have a Miami Vice, or two, for me!! ;)

Is there an actual Caribbean day where we should be wearing carribean type clothing? I thought I read something about this but can't find anything on the Carnival site about it.
If by Carribean type clothing you mean something like these traditional outfits these people from St. Kitts are wearing, I'd say forget it. It takes a certain type to pull off this outfit.

ry%3D400

As for bermuda shorts and tropical prints, you'll find people wearing them everyday of your cruise.

100_1850.jpg.0d8e775f90bdf35a5fbb91b5b6d67501.jpg

If by Carribean type clothing you mean something like these traditional outfits these people from St. Kitts are wearing, I'd say forget it. It takes a certain type to pull off this outfit.

ry%3D400

As for bermuda shorts and tropical prints, you'll find people wearing them everyday of your cruise.

Absolutely too funny:D

Relax and have fun. Once you are on board you will wonder what all your fussing was about. I enjoy shopping for clothes for a cruise, but in reality, with a few exceptions just about anything goes. I guess I would't want a Miami Vice, but please take a spin around the dance floor for me and my hubby.

Only 2 weeks before my cruise. I am starting to panic. I am so afraid I will forget something. I am cruising on the Pride going to the Eastern Caribbean. One question. Is there an actual Caribbean day where we should be wearing carribean type clothing? I thought I read something about this but can't find anything on the Carnival site about it.

Thanks for any advise.

tigger54

T-Shirts and Shorts for me.

Fred

oh yeah- my husband will bring cargo and swim trunks as shorts, khakis and polo or hawaiian shirt for dinner, suit and tie for elegant nights. And not nearly as many shoes as me. :D Seriously, he'll probably bring flip flops, running shoes, casual shoes, and dress shoes and be set.

We are getting ready for our cruise to leave in 6 days! I have 3 kids 2 DD 17, 14 and DS 9. The girls will more than likely dress up every night but for the DS could he just wear casual long shorts with a polo and nice sandals (leather). Of course for formal night he will dressed up.

We are getting ready for our cruise to leave in 6 days! I have 3 kids 2 DD 17, 14 and DS 9. The girls will more than likely dress up every night but for the DS could he just wear casual long shorts with a polo and nice sandals (leather). Of course for formal night he will dressed up.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code:

Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts.

Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, and sleeveless shirts for men.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code:

Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so.

Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Hi Bucket,

If it were my son I'd buy him a pair of khakis, you also can let him wear jeans, that IS on the list of things that can be worn in the dining room on nonformal nights. A pair of plain tennis shoes and jeans maybe?

I've also heard a lot that the kids really don't always eat with the family cause they love the Camp Carnival so much and prefer to dine with their peers.

Ok I just looked it up again, I know on my Capers from my Spirit cruise last month I looked up whether shorts were allowed in the dining room and it said no. I see that Vegas posted that you can, and I also saw that same thing somewhere on the website but this also is under what to pack. Word for word from the website

What type of clothing should I pack?

Aboard the ship, casual attire is in order during the day. For two nights, a dark suit or formal attire is suggested. The dress code for other evenings ranges from sports jacket and tie to casual resort wear. Shorts and T-shirts are not permitted in the dining room during dinner but are acceptable in the seaview bistro

So I'm not sure but maybe they are changing things to include letting people wear shorts in the dining room?

<sigh> I just think if your eating in a dining room with white linen and cloth napkins you could dress the part, I'd like to see shorts and tshirts kept out of the dining room, I myself would not even wear jeans, but thats me.

JMO

Cheers, Carole

ry%3D400

I am speechless.

Are those hats alive?

If by Caribbean type clothing you mean something like these traditional outfits

these people from St. Kitts are wearing, I'd say forget it.

It takes a certain type to pull off this outfit. ===? Me ..ME! that's just soooo Me.

ry%3D400

I dress this way just about every day, here in Barbados.

I like to "blend in with the locals"

- sometimes we add long white feathers to the above outfits, but only on Special Days..

Archived