what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

We were on cruise down the west coast of Mexico and Flavor Flav was on our ship. In all his glory with the clock and viking helmet. One night he was walking around the ship in his PJ's with fuzzy pink bunny slippers, viking helmet, and clock. The dude is a trip. Somehow we kept running into him in all of the Ports and on the ship. He is really a nice guy and stopped to take pictures with everyone and sign autographs. Had some cool conversations with him.

This wasn't on our cruise but on the flight back back from our cruise in the Adriatic and Med. We flew out of Venice to Amsterdamn and then back to the US. There was this crazy lady that sat next to my wife that just talked about the most odd things. She kept drinking kaluha, baileys, and vodka the whole flight. I swear she had about 10 of them. Plus she had a grocery bag that was full of prescription pills and kept popping them like they were candy. I swear she had pills of every color and size. She must have made this flight a lot because the flight crew knew her....and I was not in a good way. They seemed very annoyed with her. Anyways we arrive in the US and when the door opens they tell everyone to remain in their seats. The male flight attendant comes back and says Mrs. So-in-So, the US Marshalls and US Customs are hear to speak with you please come with me. All of us began to speculate what was going on. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation! The funniest part was that she wasn't even afraid she was very nonchalant about it and even said to my wife and I, " It was nice talking with you, have a safe trip home." She acted like she expected this and this was a normal routine.....LOL

I can hear it now. "Mrs. Smith let's make it easy, not sure what you brought back with you but let's make it easy and just hand it over."

On one cruise we attended one of the couples games where they ask married couples questions about each other. There was one couple that they asked the wife what her husband reminded her of when he gets out of the shower. She said a frog! The crowd lost it and the entertainment director took a bit to regain his composure. So for the rest of the cruise when anyone saw this poor guy they would say "ribit-ribit".

On trip to the Virgin Islands. While walking along a street in St. Thomas, I spotted a pregnant woman clad in a T-shirt with the words "I AM A VIRGIN" printed on the front. As I passed by her, I noticed the back of the shirt said “THIS IS AN OLD SHIRT".

I got the giggles so bad from this:D

I can just imagine your comments only seeing the front - "yeah right- sure your a virgin" and then cracking up seeing the back.

Oh my gosh! I haven't laughed so much in ages! These are so funny I had to bring them up when my hubby came home and read them to him. We laughed ourselves silly! Here is my contribution -

Several years ago my hubby and I took our first cruise together on the Carnival line. My husband had heard the top most deck of the ship offered topless sunbathing. Well, the first day cruising we headed out to the pool area to get some sun - at least that was my intention. My husband, with cameras wrapped around his neck (video, and regular), panting, informed me he was going to "check out the ship". Knowing full well his intention, I laughed to myself and said "Ok, you know where to find me", as I laid out my towel and proceeded to hunker down in the sun. With a big smile on his face, he took off like the RoadRunner heading for the stairs, taking them two at a time, cameras flying in all directions! About 20 minutes later he returned and sat on the lounge next to me. "So, how was the top deck? Any interesting pictures?", I inquired. "No", he replied. Rather supprised, knowing he wouldn't let that opportunity escape him, I asked him why not. "Well, when I got up there all there were were a bunch of old guys walking around with cameras around their neck"! Ahhhhhh, gotta love it! Happy cruising everyone!

• Haha 1

My husband and I were cruising with three other couples end of March/beginning of April 2004. As usual, I looked over the Capers each evening for the next day and highlighted the events I wanted to try. On the Capers for Thursday, there was an entry for 3:45 p.m. that whales would be swimming on the port side of the ship. We were scheduled to leave Progresso around 3, so I figured we must be going through an area known to have whale sightings about 45 minutes after we left port. DH and I went to our room so we could view the whales from our balcony. :D At 3:45 on the dot, the CD came on the intercom and asked everyone to stop congregating on the port side of the ship and then shouted, "April Fool's!" We had all been having such a great time on the cruise that we did not pay attention to the date on the calendar. I think the majority of the cruisers fell for this prank. :rolleyes:

My husband and I were cruising with three other couples end of March/beginning of April 2004. As usual, I looked over the Capers each evening for the next day and highlighted the events I wanted to try. On the Capers for Thursday, there was an entry for 3:45 p.m. that whales would be swimming on the port side of the ship. We were scheduled to leave Progresso around 3, so I figured we must be going through an area known to have whale sightings about 45 minutes after we left port. DH and I went to our room so we could view the whales from our balcony. :D At 3:45 on the dot, the CD came on the intercom and asked everyone to stop congregating on the port side of the ship and then shouted, "April Fool's!" We had all been having such a great time on the cruise that we did not pay attention to the date on the calendar. I think the majority of the cruisers fell for this prank. :rolleyes:

We did a Hubbard Glacier cruise several years ago and they reported seeing bears off the port side. Well we went and looked and sure enough we saw a huge brown bear shuffling around on an island.

The bear seemed to notice the ship and stood up on his hind legs.

He then proceeded to unfurl a Mexican flag, don a sombrero, and started playing the Mexican Hat dance on a trumpet...

needless to say we were pretty pissed and laughing all at the same time...

There was a crazy dancing guy on my first cruise. First caught a glimpse of him at the sail away party. He was busy clearing the dance floor/deck with an insane series of enthusiastic dance moves. Not real dance moves, but more like athletic interpretive dance. He was doing his seizure/gymnastics routine to the tune of Red Red Wine by Neil Diamond.

At the time I thought this was just a coincidence, I was wrong. From then on I witnessed his dance styling’s at least twice a day, almost always to Red Red Wine, which he must have been requesting. No matter what the venue the Red Red Wine Guy was always there, spinning leaping, and sliding on his knees across the floor. It was fun to watch for the first minute or so, unless you wanted to dance. He was also blackout drunk for a good portion of this, as far as I could tell anyway.

Happy sailing -0utpost

PS: He was also shirtless about half the time.

Edited by 0utpost

We did a Hubbard Glacier cruise several years ago and they reported seeing bears off the port side. Well we went and looked and sure enough we saw a huge brown bear shuffling around on an island.

The bear seemed to notice the ship and stood up on his hind legs.

He then proceeded to unfurl a Mexican flag, don a sombrero, and started playing the Mexican Hat dance on a trumpet...

needless to say we were pretty pissed and laughing all at the same time...

I am not sure what you were smoking....but share!!!!! LOL :D

uhhhhhhh.....................wow.......wtfo???? LOL!!!

what the pic doesn't show is that the waves picked up and they couldn't get the guy OFF the island. He removed the bear suit and they pulled into into the rescue craft in a waterproof bag but the guy had to dive into the waves and they had to drag him on board with a tow cable. He was in a dry suit but the water had to be about 30 degrees with all the glacial ice...

what the pic doesn't show is that the waves picked up and they couldn't get the guy OFF the island. He removed the bear suit and they pulled into into the rescue craft in a waterproof bag but the guy had to dive into the waves and they had to drag him on board with a tow cable. He was in a dry suit but the water had to be about 30 degrees with all the glacial ice...

That would have been very funny to see.

Thanks again for sharing that video Stompy. Great to have a sense of humor on vacation.......

Oh my gosh! I haven't laughed so much in ages! These are so funny I had to bring them up when my hubby came home and read them to him. We laughed ourselves silly! Here is my contribution -

Several years ago my hubby and I took our first cruise together on the Carnival line. My husband had heard the top most deck of the ship offered topless sunbathing. Well, the first day cruising we headed out to the pool area to get some sun - at least that was my intention. My husband, with cameras wrapped around his neck (video, and regular), panting, informed me he was going to "check out the ship". Knowing full well his intention, I laughed to myself and said "Ok, you know where to find me", as I laid out my towel and proceeded to hunker down in the sun. With a big smile on his face, he took off like the RoadRunner heading for the stairs, taking them two at a time, cameras flying in all directions! About 20 minutes later he returned and sat on the lounge next to me. "So, how was the top deck? Any interesting pictures?", I inquired. "No", he replied. Rather supprised, knowing he wouldn't let that opportunity escape him, I asked him why not. "Well, when I got up there all there were were a bunch of old guys walking around with cameras around their neck"! Ahhhhhh, gotta love it! Happy cruising everyone!

Now, THAT is funny!!

We went to the QUEST on our cruise last week ... I guess I should put in a disclaimer here - IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE QUEST DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!

CD wanted to see a man & a woman from each team down on the main floor "exchanging an article of clothing" So the two captains on our team ran up and she gave him her sweater and he gave her his shirt. Okay, fine, most other teams did the same. But :eek: OH MY EYES :eek: ... one lady came running up and she removed her outer garment, which I'm guessing was a sundress, I didn't actually see her take it off, but I did see what she was left wearing when she did ... a thong. Period. We had the rear view (literally) on our side. :eek: OH MY EYES. :eek: People were just screaming!! And we're not talking Playboy bunny here, either, folks. NOT a pretty sight. The man tried to cover her up from the front while he removed his shirt and wrapped it around her.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to attend QUEST again ... Mr Chew can't wait!!

Thanks to RC's Quest, the craziest, wierdest, wackiest thing I've ever seen in my entire life + on a cruise is my brother without a shirt on, in a bra, holding a purse and wearing lipstick...I think I might skip the Quest this year...

Also, craziest thing that's happened on a cruise I've been on is we had left Turkey, and were about three hours into our voyage towards Greece when the Captain came over the intercom and told us we had to return to Turkey. One passenger on board had had a heart attack and fallen down some stairs, an hour later, another passenger had leaned over a railing and ended up flipping over the railing and fell one floor down.

i found out i needed glasses one day when calling and speaking lovingly to my black cat, "blackie," only to find out i was talking to my black sweat pants i'd left on the floor.

rotfl!!!

On trip to the Virgin Islands. While walking along a street in St. Thomas, I spotted a pregnant woman clad in a T-shirt with the words "I AM A VIRGIN" printed on the front. As I passed by her, I noticed the back of the shirt said “THIS IS AN OLD SHIRT".

Too funny!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We were on our very first cruise (Celebrity Summit) and my DH had NOT gone willingly, one of the things he had insisted on was that we have a "table for two" ONLY for dinner. My DH is the Director of Inpatient and Outpatient Psychiatry at our local Hospital System where we work and he said "I am NOT having dinner with more mental patients when I am on vacation!". I said "you are so silly, but that is no problem I would rather dine with just you anyway." Well, we went to dinner the first evening and we did have our table for two, and at the next table (a four top)was a lovely young couple. We heard them talking to their waiter and they were on their honeymoon. AND THEN in come the couple that were to join them. A very short Caucasian woman (the "he") dressed in basketball shorts and basketball sleeveless top with a large # on it and a very large, very dark black woman, at least 18" taller than "he", dressed in a VERY tight skirt and a blouse showing her midriff. Well I though the young couple and I were going to fall right on the floor! The four of them introduced themselves to each other and then not another word was spoken for the rest of the meal. The next night was formal night and "he" came in a tuxedo and she wore a very bright yellow ball gown but the other young honeymooners were never seen again. I hope that they did not hide in their room, I hope they knew to move to another table.