what is the wildest,craziest thing you've ever seen on a cruise?

19stephanie66

Ok, I know I already posted one on this board but I just thought of another funny one. It was on our first cruise one day durning the middle of the trip we were eating dinner, my family had a great table right next to a big window. Durning dinner we kept hearing these strange noises, well being our first cruise we were all a little un-easy about this so we asked the waiter what it was and he explained that it was the ship speeding up or slowing down or some such things so we went back to enjoying our meal. Well a few minutes latter we saw lights from another boat coming right at us, and rather fast at that. My sister, (who usually is the most classy compussed one of our group) called the wiater over and asked him what that was. Well the waiter looked at her then slowly turned his head to look out the window then slowly turned his head to look back at her and said, "It is a boat". Well fear must have really did something to my sister because she yelled for the whole dining room to hear, "NO SH*T IT'S A BOAT! I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOD D@MN BUS. I WANT TO KNOW WHY IT IS CHARGING AT US!" :eek: Well the whole room went quite and our poor waiter's face was bright red. It was all I could do to keep from laughing. My sister NEVER speeks like that, she is always nice to everyone and hates to be embarressed and boy was she ever embarressed! Well after she made such a scene our waiter explained that someone on the ship had had a heart attack and that boat was coming to meet our ship to take the man to a hospital in freeport. For rest of the trip people were talking about it.

this story may not seem too funny but trust me, my classy sister making such a scene was one of the funnest things i habe ever seen. I'm still laughing about it.:D

that is the best one yet still lol

so hilarious!

quote=beachdreaming;2516155]Okay, so that doesn't sound so crazy. Well, how about if the gentleman wore the life vest during the entire cruise. Yep - he even wore it over his tuxedo at dinner on formal night. I guess you have to give him credit for being aboard even though he was scared of water.

Not sure if I have the same Billy Bob story or not ... but throughout our cruise to Alaska, I periodically saw this man with the "crazy" teeth. (I don't believe these were dentist-made, but rather the ones you can get out of a kid's vending machine.) Anyway, whenever he was near some kids, I'd see him slip these teeth in and "talk" to the kids in a silly manner to make them laugh. He was a riot.

Toward the end of the cruise, I walked into the elevator and there he was!! Since I was with some kids, I saw him slip in his teeth. I couldn't stand it, I had to take a picture with him. He cracked me up.

Teeth.jpg

Not sure if I have the same Billy Bob story or not ... but throughout our cruise to Alaska, I periodically saw this man with the "crazy" teeth. (I don't believe these were dentist-made, but rather the ones you can get out of a kid's vending machine.) Anyway, whenever he was near some kids, I'd see him slip these teeth in and "talk" to the kids in a silly manner to make them laugh. He was a riot.

Toward the end of the cruise, I walked into the elevator and there he was!! Since I was with some kids, I saw him slip in his teeth. I couldn't stand it, I had to take a picture with him. He cracked me up.

Teeth.jpg

Not the same one but just as funny!

Janette

Teeth.jpg

It also made me cracked me up at this one..You are right he had a crazy teeth..:D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally! After a couple of weeks reading off and on, I've finally caught up on this thread. I think it started around the time of our very first cruise. Next spring we'll be going on our 6th!

Maybe we're just in our own la-la lands, but haven't seen half the funny things posted here, but I do have a couple.

This is from our Brilliance cruise and still puzzles me to this day. We were walking through the Solarium (adult-only covered pool), where I saw an older man attempting to cover his wife with a pool towel, while she was changing out of her swimsuit. Of course, it wasn't working, and her bare rear-end was exposed. It wasn't shocking, but I couldn't figure out why she couldn't walk the 50 feet to the ladies' room around the corner or go back to her cabin??? It's not like she had to get on a bus or something to get back to her room...

The other thing happened to us last year on the Mariner. Again, not shocking, just amusing. DH ordered a tux from RCI Formal Wear. It was hanging in our cabin when we got there. I told him he should try it on to make sure it fit for the 1st formal night (which was 2nd night of the cruise). Of course he wouldn't. So, we're getting ready for dinner on formal night when he pulls on the pants. They would only go up to his knees -- I looked at the tag and they were 10" too small!! They couldn't deliver a new set of pants in time for dinner that night, so he put on the rest of his tux, but wore them with his black Dockers. No formal pictures that night, and we just had a quiet giggle between the two of us and never told our table mates. It was off to the cabin to change as soon as dinner was over -- and the new pants were already there. They were perfect for the second formal night. Next cruise, we've already decided to forgo formal nights.

I'm also going to spend more time people watching! Hope this thread continues!

• 2 weeks later...

On our last cruise to Key West/Bahamas last May we were waiting in line for dinner on the Formal Night. The line that we were in just happend to pass through the photobooth area. Well directly to our right there were 4 rather large women, the bigger ones sitting on this cute red velvety backless couch with their partners standing behind them. All of a sudden we heard a huge crack and we looked over just in time to see arms, legs, dresses flailing as the legs of the couch give out and dumps those ladies over backwards. We couldn't help but have to turn our heads to show our laughs. Good thing they weren't hurt!

On our last cruise to Key West/Bahamas last May we were waiting in line for dinner on the Formal Night. The line that we were in just happend to pass through the photobooth area. Well directly to our right there were 4 rather large women, the bigger ones sitting on this cute red velvety backless couch with their partners standing behind them. All of a sudden we heard a huge crack and we looked over just in time to see arms, legs, dresses flailing as the legs of the couch give out and dumps those ladies over backwards. We couldn't help but have to turn our heads to show our laughs. Good thing they weren't hurt!

A little like the time when a heavy lady had a fall in the theater on the first night. Sh was checked over, and helped to a seat, at which point the cruise attendant said to her, 'Have a good trip.' Oops!

john

Just off the Caribbean Princess (NY-San Juan.) Someone brought a blowup kiddie pool onto the pool deck, inflated it, and then filled it using an empty beer bucket, putting water into it from the nearby pool. Seriously.

now THAT'S funny!

Just off the Caribbean Princess (NY-San Juan.) Someone brought a blowup kiddie pool onto the pool deck, inflated it, and then filled it using an empty beer bucket, putting water into it from the nearby pool. Seriously.

Are ya kiddin' me?

smrtypnts <------rolls eyes

Well, if they were doing this for their non potty trained child, I thank them-for not breaking the rules and being considerate of others. I also think that was considerate of the child. He can enjoy the water without endangering others.

Well, if they were doing this for their non potty trained child, I thank them-for not breaking the rules and being considerate of others. I also think that was considerate of the child. He can enjoy the water without endangering others.

The kids appeared to be older - say 4 or 5 years old. I didn't ask. I was too busy waiting to see if someone would trip over the thing.

Heck, there are some "non-potty trained" adults in the main pool as well as the hot tub.........:eek::mad:

They were smart to not put their young children in that pool... you know some pee it there:D

Some adults pee there too. That is why I always shower afterward-however, it is not the pee you have to worry about-ammonia does not carry disease- feces does thoguh.

Did they dump the water back into the Boat Pool when they finished?

Did they dump the water back into the Boat Pool when they finished?

Didn't see that either. I was too busy trying to fathom why someone would bring an inflatable pool on board. I'm sure on my next cruise, not only will I see someone with such a pool, but an electric air compressor, their own deck chair and their own sand... the latter of which is a really good idea, because as we all know, beach sand contains dangerous microorganisms. (Yes, it's true, but that's meant flippantly.)

And to head someone off at the pass, I did not see whether or not these people used their own towels or brought their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Love this thread, I have had so many laughs the last couple days. I've been thinking and thinking of something to share but couldnt remember until BF reminded me.. now that I remember I'm still horrified!

Not a funny story, but it was shocking to us. It was the Mexican Buffet night on Carnival Triumph last year and everyone was having a good time. I was filling my plate(a little to full :rolleyes:) when all the sudden the man a couple families a head of us yells to her daughter? "YOU SPOILED F****** B**** I take your mom and you guys on this cruise and this is what I get. Go back to the room, I dont want to see you" to this girl who had to be around 14 years old. The poor girl runs away and tears and the mom just stands there. The whole room was quiet and everyone staring. I wish now I would have said something, but I didnt feel it was my place. I was definately not the perfect teen and I know kids do deserved to get yelled at sometimes but to be called that in front of a whole room of people :eek: My BF and I were so in shock..

Hopefully on my next one I will have some funny, light hearted ones to share. I am going with my family and crazy stuff tends to happen to my aunt so I'm sure I will have a bunch.:o