Stewards, no help??

If your stewards in the dining room give you trouble and they do not serve right do you have that right to not tip them or if you prepaid for the tipping and are not happy with them can that tipping be removed from your credit card?

what is your opinions?? thanks Red:mad:

Stewards are for your cabin ....making beds, cleaning

Wait staff serve you in the dining venues

If you are not happy talk to their supervisor

If you are expecting poor service then you will probably get it :rolleyes:

I am skeptical of the seriousness of your post due to some other off-the-wall posts you have been making, but if you are serious I would recommend the following: If you receive less than satisfactory service speak ASAP (i.e. early in the cruise) with your Head Waiter and/or the Maitre' D to try and rectify the problem. This would make your cruise more enjoyable tahn just accepting sub-par or poor service.

Oh I see you are REALLY trying to cause trouble first the posts about cats and dogs and now tipping, two hot buttons, let's see have you posted about smoking yet? what about Kids on cruises that's always a good one.

If you are going to post these things at least get your terminology right, the Steward is in charge of your Cabin or Stateroom, in the dining room you have waiters and asst. waiters.

I am skeptical of the seriousness of your post due to some other off-the-wall posts you have been making, but if you are serious I would recommend the following: If you receive less than satisfactory service speak ASAP (i.e. early in the cruise) with your Head Waiter and/or the Maitre' D to try and rectify the problem. This would make your cruise more enjoyable tahn just accepting sub-par or poor service.

Totally agree - why would anyone suffer through subpar service for a whole cruise? That's what the head waiter is for (and why he earns his tip). We had a service issue the first night of our last cruise - spoke briefly with the headwaiter and everything flowed smoothly thereafter. It may mean requesting a different server, but I certainly wouldn't just keep quiet and suffer. You don't need to make a fuss - just a quiet talk with the headwaiter should straighten things out - they aim to please.

Okay, I'll bite my tongue and just answer the question... just in case someone really does want to know.

The steward vs wait staff has been already mentioned.

If you PREPAID your tips, generally those cannot be adjusted. You can add more (for good service) to your ship account, but that amount stays as is.

If your tips are being added to your shipboard account, those CAN be adjusted up OR down at the Purser's.

But as has been said - better to talk to someone first, then be miserable.

I'll stop now before I continue the pot stirring.

On HAL ships, the dining room waiters are called Dining Stewards. Those who clean our cabins are called Cabin Stewards so that term is not incorrectly used.

If OP's goal is to save money and not tip, then he will do what he will do.

If the goal is to receive the best possible service, OP should know he can go to Dining Supervisor for his section of the dining room, Head Waiter or Maitre d' or Dining Room Manager.....whatever he is called on whichever ship OP is sailing.

If that does produce desired result, go to Guest Relations Manager (or whatever title same position holds on your ship) and if that doesn't work, speak with Culinary Operations Manager (Food and Beverage Manager or equivalent) and then there is Hotel Manager.

IF, indeed, the goal is good service, that will be accomplished though with more effort than any guest should have to expend.

No one should suffer in silence on a ship and then 'stiff the staff' IMO If you stay silent, how can you expect it to be fixed?

Maybe the goal is to stay silent then come to a BB such as Cruise Critic and spill a tale of Woe! Or maybe to write to headquarters for 'gimmies'.

If you want good service, it would be surprising you wouldn't be able to get it.

Don't go expecting to have a problem. You might imagine that is the case or possibly could create a self-fulfilling prophecy. :eek:

If your stewards in the dining room give you trouble and they do not serve right do you have that right to not tip them or if you prepaid for the tipping and are not happy with them can that tipping be removed from your credit card?

what is your opinions?? thanks Red:mad:

You have the right to use your brains and get the problem fixed before you leave the table on the first night.

Has anyone seriously encountered dining room WAITERS that "give you trouble" ?? Sorry, don't buy this post or some of the previous pot stirrers.

Clearly you have posted to stir the pot, but since you asked I would say anyone who does not tip the dining or room staff, who work their tails off and get paid very little, are being cheap and inconsiderate. I can't imagine that the same person who refuses to leave an adequate tip would be willing to work all week long and then let their boss tell them, sorry no pay for you, I wasn't satisfied with your work. If you have a problem with the service you recieve, by all means complain, but looking for reasons not to tip is just plain wrong.

Methinks someone is trying to stir the pot a little with this post and another one re/ bringing pets onboard. Might want to take them with a grain of salt.......:rolleyes:

thank you my dear friends who understand what I am saying.

I just wonder if you are not happy with your wait staff what happens does he do somthing to your food? You offen see things happen if you bring back your food to the kitchen in Hells Kitchen or someplace else that they somtimes do strange things to your food and you are not aware of it.

That is why I am asking to all of you smart ones, who know all the answers that degrade and belittle me for asking an important questions that this actually goes on. I have seen it, with my own families resturant up North that is why I wanted to know

And for those of you like this wonderful gentleperson who recently posted here to tell me someones trying to make me feel bad... No they can not break me, I am too smart for them, apparently no one ever taught them respect. Too bad, I hate to be your table mates, then you would not want to be sitting next to me. you will see what a great person I will be towards you.;)

Totally agree - why would anyone suffer through subpar service for a whole cruise? That's what the head waiter is for (and why he earns his tip). We had a service issue the first night of our last cruise - spoke briefly with the headwaiter and everything flowed smoothly thereafter. It may mean requesting a different server, but I certainly wouldn't just keep quiet and suffer. You don't need to make a fuss - just a quiet talk with the headwaiter should straighten things out - they aim to please.

thank you Geri I know I can count on you, Blessings to have someone on my side, you are great!!:D

Red

On HAL ships, the dining room waiters are called Dining Stewards. Those who clean our cabins are called Cabin Stewards so that term is not incorrectly used.

If OP's goal is to save money and not tip, then he will do what he will do.

If the goal is to receive the best possible service, OP should know he can go to Dining Supervisor for his section of the dining room, Head Waiter or Maitre d' or Dining Room Manager.....whatever he is called on whichever ship OP is sailing.

If that does produce desired result, go to Guest Relations Manager (or whatever title same position holds on your ship) and if that doesn't work, speak with Culinary Operations Manager (Food and Beverage Manager or equivalent) and then there is Hotel Manager.

IF, indeed, the goal is good service, that will be accomplished though with more effort than any guest should have to expend.

No one should suffer in silence on a ship and then 'stiff the staff' IMO If you stay silent, how can you expect it to be fixed?

Maybe the goal is to stay silent then come to a BB such as Cruise Critic and spill a tale of Woe! Or maybe to write to headquarters for 'gimmies'.

If you want good service, it would be surprising you wouldn't be able to get it.

Don't go expecting to have a problem. You might imagine that is the case or possibly could create a self-fulfilling prophecy. :eek:

I did speak to the matri'e d and told him to change tables, then those fellas talked, we chose to eat the rest of ship in the lido deck cause of the reputaion that this man has caused us so much pain and the head waiter said it was not his problem big problem afterwards I heard that he is no longer with carnival and he went elsewheres to another ship. I never once wrote and told them I wanted anything free. I never stiffed anyone, but I wanted to know, do I have the rights to complain if it happens again. it seem that no one helped us the last time. My TA did somthing about it she called the rep from carnival and she got on the phone to her bosses and they sent us a voucher to redeem on our next ship which we did it last year it was for only 25.00 but that is not why i complained, I did not want anything I wanted someone to know how mistreated we were and it was our entire group all 8 of us at our table. thats all. PS thanks for the comments much appreciated

Clearly you have posted to stir the pot, but since you asked I would say anyone who does not tip the dining or room staff, who work their tails off and get paid very little, are being cheap and inconsiderate. I can't imagine that the same person who refuses to leave an adequate tip would be willing to work all week long and then let their boss tell them, sorry no pay for you, I wasn't satisfied with your work. If you have a problem with the service you recieve, by all means complain, but looking for reasons not to tip is just plain wrong.

Dr. Md Sue I never said I did not tip that person, whomever is stirring the pot of tomatoes is not me. I did not say i never tipped this person. i said that he mistreated all of us, we tried to say somthign but all of us went up to the lido deck to eat... he was not a good staff waiter I gave him what he deserved, but no more. we all did, except for one guest who was a child and to me she did not give him 50.00 her parents gave him what he was supposed to get. I was not happy for what service he gave us, but we never not once did not tip him so do not ever assume we did anything wrong to anyone. we did not!

Archived