Tower of London

I will be staying at the Hilton Tower Bridge. This is across the Thames from the Tower of London. My wife and I plan to visit the Tower. Can we buy tickets online and avoid lines; if so, do you have a good web address?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. We will be in London on 11 May

While at the Tower, be sure and wait just after you enter for the free tour by a Beefeater. They are very good, some extremely funny, and make the visit much more enjoyable. After the tour, you can roam around and explore on your own.

You could walk back from the Tower over Tower Bridge. This is open to the public and you can go up the towers and walk across the old pedestrian walkways (which are now enclosed for Health and Safety, but years ago used to be open to the elements). Also HMS Belfast is moored almost outside your hotel..well worth a look.

Simon

Great hotel - we had a lovely stay there last year - Tip for breakfast ( fuzzy grub ) just across the street from the Hilton, proper breakfast at less than half the price of the Hilton.

jj....

I will be staying at the Hilton Tower Bridge. This is across the Thames from the Tower of London. My wife and I plan to visit the Tower. Can we buy tickets online and avoid lines; if so, do you have a good web address?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. We will be in London on 11 May

Sorry for the thread hijack, buy we are considering that hotel for our pre cruise stay in November. We'd love to see a review if you didn't mind. Hope you have a great time!

You could walk back from the Tower over Tower Bridge. This is open to the public and you can go up the towers and walk across the old pedestrian walkways (which are now enclosed for Health and Safety, but years ago used to be open to the elements).
Just to clarify, you can walk across the bridge as it's basically just a normal road. Unless, of course, it opens - that's great to watch from up close. The bridge lift schedule can be found on this page, but you have to look quite close to the time that you're going to be there as bridge lifts only have to be booked 24 hours in advance so the schedule gets changed at relatively short notice. A list is also usually posted in the window of the bridge offices at the southern end of the bridge on the western side.

To go up into the towers and get into the walkways, you have to go into the Tower Bridge Exhibition.

A tip if you are queueing at the Tower of London for tickets.

They will sell you tickets in the free exhibition hall, often no queue at all whilst the official lines to the kiosks beside it can be 20 minutes or more. Worth cjecking out anyway.

Once you are in the Tower of London, even if you have pre-purchased tickets to gain entry you may well have a very, very long wait queueing to see the crown jewels once you are inside. I would suggest if you get in near the start of the day you make straight for the crown jewels and then take the Beefeater tour afterwards.

BXC53, I will write a review of hotel and my cruise when I return. Look for a posting with my screen name AF-1. Everyone else thanks for the info. Coxswain thnks for the tip on FuzzyGrub. I will definitely check out everything.

Cheers

Archived