Gas at almost $62

geovet

Think you meant to say oil, the bench mark they follow to determine if they will resume the fuel surcharge. It is based on West Texas Crude, WTC, noted in the NYMEX exchange. Hard to say where it will go but my gut is it will stay below the $72 water mark.

Book it an enjoy, :)

I know how you feel since we have a cruise booked for Nov and going to book one for March and I sure wasnt counting on more charges:mad: But I agree that it probably wont get over $72 as all the "experts" (lol) say gas should stay relatively down this summer. Here in the burbs of Houston it is $2.15/gal. Hope it stays that or goes down....

Think you meant to say oil, ......

..... Hard to say where it will go but my gut is it will stay below the $72 water mark.

Book it and enjoy, ===> It's only Money!! :D

Two useful links I keep permanently Bookmarked (Favorites for I.E. users)

Forecast..

http://www.forecasts.org/oil.htm

Current price...

http://www.oil-price.net/

Iv got a B2B in Sept. 14 days of fuel would sure be a huge add-on. I hope they dont go all the way up to $9 a day if they add it back on.

Anyone have any opinions if they will add it onto already booked cruises or just newly booked cruises this time (yes I know they could and changed the contract). Im asking what folks think Carnival would do it if hits $70.

If i have already done final payment on my cruise, can they still add the fuel surcharge to my reservation before I go?

They sure can. When you booked, there should have been small print somewhere that says they reserve the right to add a $9/day fuel surcharge if oil goes up to $70/barrel.

They can add it anytime the requirement is met, whether or not you have paid in full. I doubt they would immediately. There are costs and logistics to implement, especially if the price is hovering around the strike price and then have to flip flop.

I think it would have to go above and stay above for some time.

(d) Cruise Fare does not include fuel supplement charges. “Fuel supplement” shall mean any additional charge to defray a portion of Carnival’s fuel costs. The amount of fuel supplements and government fees and taxes collected are subject to change. Carnival reserves the right to charge a fuel supplement of up to $9.00 per person per day, without prior notice, in the event that the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) is greater than $70.00 per barrel of oil. Carnival may collect any fuel supplement in effect at the time of sailing, even if the cruise fare has been paid in full.

Iv got a B2B in Sept. 14 days of fuel would sure be a huge add-on. I hope they dont go all the way up to $9 a day if they add it back on.

Anyone have any opinions if they will add it onto already booked cruises or just newly booked cruises this time (yes I know they could and changed the contract). Im asking what folks think Carnival would do it if hits $70.

I would hope it would be gradual, something like $5pp @ $70/barrel, $7pp @ $85/barrel and $9pp @ $100/barrel, or something like that. I'm pretty sure they will add it to existing bookings, they tried that last time. I think last year it started at $5pp, but quickly went to $9pp when Oil jumped so fast. I remember when the Fuel Surcharge was coming off, it was 25 consecutive business days under $70/barrel before it came off. I'll bet the same thing won't happen in reverse if and when it does go back over $70/barrel. Some here at CC were saying that Oil/Fuel is purchased several months in advance by the cruiseline, as much as 6 months in advance, so if that is the case why wouldn't the fuel surcharge stay down until the cruiseline began to actually get hit with the increase? I hope it does.

It might be interesting to see what happenes to future bookings if or when the fuel surcharge goes back on and if it goes right up to $9pp. I'm sure the Execs are thinking about a strategy to handle that issue.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT BOOKING ANOTHER CRUISE LATER THIS YEAR BUT IF I HAVE TO ADD $9 PER PERSON PER DAY FOR MY FAMILY OF FOUR, I MAY JUST GO TO THE BEACH. RATS!:mad:

Are the four of you in one cabin or two? Last time around, I believe that the surcharge only applied to the first two guests in a cabin.

Are the four of you in one cabin or two? Last time around, I believe that the surcharge only applied to the first two guests in a cabin.

I think the final surcharge was something like $9 first two guests, and the other guests paid $5 pp per day, but they still paid. At first the other guests didnt pay anything, the very first one.

I think the final surcharge was something like $9 first two guests, and the other guests paid $5 pp per day, but they still paid. At first the other guests didnt pay anything, the very first one.

This was how I remember it too.

I WAS THINKING ABOUT BOOKING ANOTHER CRUISE LATER THIS YEAR BUT IF I HAVE TO ADD $9 PER PERSON PER DAY FOR MY FAMILY OF FOUR, I MAY JUST GO TO THE BEACH. RATS!:mad:

I'd never let an additional 63.00 per person put an end to my cruise experience.

I guess it all depends upon each persons preference and priority...

You are probably wise to put off booking. If/when it reaches 70.00, and the supplement is reinstated, these boards will light up for sure...with people complaining, moaning and accusing the cruise lines of money-grubbing, demanding OBC, demanding discounts on their next cruise, etc.

At least you've actually READ that this is a possibility and can make a decision for you and your family. Many people don't bother to read anything and therefore raise a stink when the worst-case- scenario happens.

They would probably add it back to everyones cruise @ $9. They will probably look at it as getting back some of their loss from the swine flu mess.

If carnival has to charge for fuel again i would not be angry at them for needing to cover the cost. My problem is being able to cover the cost. I have been looking at inside cabin at low times of the year to make it work. The extra fees will sink my ship. I will wait and see what happens.

Archived