Need some advice

We have a cruise planned on Freedom for next year. While I was searching around I found that there is going to be a group on board haveing a "Doo Wop" cruise. http://doowopcruise.com/

Now this kind of music is fine with us but looking at their website it states

" Groove to the private, exclusive concerts from an all-star lineup of Legendary Doo Wop Groups." So what I am wondering is, will areas of the ship be closed off to the rest of us who are not part of this group? Has anyone been on a cruise when something like this was going on? Just wondering if it will interfere with our cruise or will it not effect us. Hopefully some of you experienced cruises can give me some insite.

Thanks

I LOVE Doo Wop!!!! How did I miss this one???

Apparently, on these "specialty" cruises, there will be "concerts" that the general cruising public won't be privy to....that's too bad, as this music is great!

Don't worry--it won't affect your cruise experience at all.

I LOVE Doo Wop!!!! How did I miss this one???

Apparently, on these "specialty" cruises, there will be "concerts" that the general cruising public won't be privy to....that's too bad, as this music is great!

Don't worry--it won't affect your cruise experience at all.

We love Doo Wop too, even if it is alittle before our time. I'm guessing this would be a cruise with a more mature group which again is fine with us. We just want to make sure that will not be closing off any public areas.

YES, it MAY affect your cruising experience. Some lounges/bars or other venues may be closed to the general population at certain times, due to the Doo Wop thingy. I'd seriously consider changing unless I was participating in this, or any group, that may take over a good part of the ship. JMHO..

I was on a cruise once with a large group. Several areas of the ship were barred from the other passengers at several different times. I don't think it would ruin your cruise, but there could be some impact.

YES' date=' it MAY affect your cruising experience. Some lounges/bars or other venues may be closed to the general population at certain times, due to the Doo Wop thingy. I'd seriously consider changing unless I was participating in this, or any group, that may take over a good part of the ship. JMHO..[/quote']

This is how I see it, too.

I was on a cruise once with a large group. Several areas of the ship were barred from the other passengers at several different times. I don't think it would ruin your cruise, but there could be some impact.

I completely agree. We've been on cruises where some of the public lounges were closed to us because they were reserved for a large group, but there were other places for us to enjoy instead and rarely were those lounges closed to us every single night. You might be inconvenienced, but probably not ruin your cruise.

Thanks for the replys. My first reaction was to change dates but we managed to score our first corner aft balcony on this cruise and so are hesitant to give it up. If it is only some of the bars that will be restircted I am fine with that as long as it is not the major public areas like the pool or solarium.

Archived