How come no Odyssey sea trial info?

highcbob

two pictures of the Odyssey during seatrials at the Seabourn blog, dtd 28 May...pls see link below:

ps..Henry, picture below the Odyssey seatrials is a picture of the Odyssey loading gang...maybe they

are loading the caviar and champagne :)

http://blog.seabourn.com/

two pictures of the Odyssey during seatrials at the Seabourn blog, dtd 28 May...pls see link below:

ps..Henry, picture below the Odyssey seatrials is a picture of the Odyssey loading gang...maybe they

are loading the caviar and champagne :)

http://blog.seabourn.com/

Thanks, but this is when Odyssey was just setting out for her sea trials, sadly nothing reported after this - I'm wondering if all went ok.

Not to jinx it, but SailorBoy(who was responsible for launching many U.S. Navy ships) said he has never know a sea trial to take place without some sort of major hiccup.That of course it the reason for them. But in his case, they could delay the offical launch date to take care of the problem. he is frankly surprised that Seabourn, having booked passengers for the maiden voyage, did not schedule a longer time period between the trials and the first cruise. Here is hoping all went well!!! It may well be the cruisng future for all of us.

Speaking as someone who is booked on the maiden voyage I am particularly interested in this thread. However, if there had been some major hiccup which would delay the maiden wouldn't you think that with only a bit more than three weeks to go Seabourn would have already informed the passengers?

Wripro,

I understand your concern. Not sure what would be worse -- a last minute cancellation or proceeding with the maiden voyage when things are not 100%.Now I shall double cross my fingers!!!

I am not at all worried. I sort of expect things not to be perfect but being part of the maiden voyage will make up for any small lapses. And if the way Seabourn is handling communication and preparation is any indication it will be as good as possible for a maiden voyage. They WANT this to be memorable.

wripro, I think it is wonderful that you are on the maiden voyage. I am sorry that we had to cancel our reservation and really look forward to hearing all about it. As usual your post is spot on as I believe you have the right expectations for the voyage. I think it will be a wonderful experience and opportunity to be part of the Odyssey's maiden voyage. I am sure that Seabourn will do its best to make sure this is a memorable voyage for you and all of the others who are first to sail her.

Keith

Keith.

I am also sorry you won't be aboard the maiden voyage. Truly, from these boards you are one of the people with whom I would love to sit down and share a meal and our experiences. But I am sure there will be other opportunities. I'll be sure and fill everyone in on my thoughts when I return.

Henry

Her sea trials were a week ago, why no pictures or at least a small dribble of info?

Sometimes no news is good news. A few days before leaving for London for the Maiden Voyage of the Crystal Serenity we received a call from our agent saying that Crystal thought the ship wasn't 100% up to snuff and they gave all passengers two options: 1, Passengers could cancel and receive a full refund; or 2, Passenger could sail and GET A FULL REFUND. That was a no-brainer! And whatever the problems were, they were not obvious to anyone. We all had a great time and I'm optimistic that The Odyssey voyage will be just as wonderful. It's a once in a life time trip and we'll all make the most of it!

Just to inform you. You dont have to wait long for news::cool:

"quotation"

The Yachts of Seabourn is excited to join the world of social media!

We will bring you the latest information on the launch of Seabourn Odyssey, including comments from our president, Pamela C. Conover, as she takes delivery of our newest yacht and leads the inaugural festivities in Venice, Italy.

Stay informed by becoming a fan of The Yachts of Seabourn on Facebook or by following us on Twitter. We look forward to interaction with you often!

"unquote"

T&T

Archived