Concierge

We just returned from the AOS and had concierge service for the first time. Dede was very helpful with a couple of problems we had with our balcony furniture and room steward. We used to movies that were available and she booked our reservations for us. We did get coffee and pastries from the lounge. I did like the fact that we were able to bypass the extremely long line to board the ship on the first day. There was a voucher for free ironing when we arrived in our cabin and luggage valet was free. We were in the first group in disembark from the ship which was very nice. We had an early flight so we would have been in the first group even if we had not stayed in a suite. They had reserved seating in the shows but there was always plenty of seating available. I was able to get our ice tickets from the concierge loungs so I didn't have to wait in line. I think it was fun to stay in the suite and if your budget allows it I would book one. The bad part is ... now we are really spoiled.

You also get a free cocktail "hour" from 5 PM - 8:30 PM with free wine,beer, sodas, and basic mixed drinks with various appetizers, both hot and cold. There is a specialty coffee machine available 24/7 for espresso and cappacino. A good continental breakfast with fruits, pastries, bagels, meats and cheeses is served from 8 AM - 10 AM. Usually more than one juice is available for breakfast.

We were thinking about upgrading to a suite that includes Concierge Service. Has anyone done the same? Is it worth it? What extras do you get?

That suite also has to be a GS or above as JS's don't get those perks.

It depends on a lot of things...

Do you spend more time in your cabin than just sleeping and dressing etc?

Can your budget take it?...because the extras you get are certainly NOT worth the extra money, they are just nice.

Do you feel that extra bathroom space, extra balcony space, a whirlpool tub are things that you would really rather not do without?

and I could come up with many more questions you should ask yourself.

For me, if it is in the budget, I do it. Life is short, and I really like the little extras, and the space. I also spend about twenty percent more time in my cabin than the average cruiser. So if I can do it I do. On my next five cruises I am in a suite on four of them and a D2 on one of them. So as I said it is really what you feel you can do.

We just returned from the AOS and had concierge service for the first time. Dede was very helpful with a couple of problems we had with our balcony furniture and room steward. We used to movies that were available and she booked our reservations for us. We did get coffee and pastries from the lounge. I did like the fact that we were able to bypass the extremely long line to board the ship on the first day. There was a voucher for free ironing when we arrived in our cabin and luggage valet was free. We were in the first group in disembark from the ship which was very nice. We had an early flight so we would have been in the first group even if we had not stayed in a suite. They had reserved seating in the shows but there was always plenty of seating available. I was able to get our ice tickets from the concierge loungs so I didn't have to wait in line. I think it was fun to stay in the suite and if your budget allows it I would book one. The bad part is ... now we are really spoiled.

Do you mean the luggage valet that takes your bags to the airport for you?

If having someone make a reservation for you and you think you will drink enough alcohol in the limited hours of the lounge would make up the cost difference, then go for it!

If money were no object, I'd stay in the biggest suite on the ship everytime----but--I've found a JS is a great size, without breaking the bank! You still get the priority checkin, and tons of space, but without the cost of the larger suites!

We were thinking about upgrading to a suite that includes Concierge Service. Has anyone done the same? Is it worth it? What extras do you get?

as you see "worth it" is very subjective...you do get extra perks..best advice is, if you can aford it..give it a try and judge for yourself..

we did it and be warned,,you will be spoiled to go back to a non suite cabin...

We stayed in Grand Suites on our 15-night Hawaii cruise.

For a long cruise and 10 sea days the suite was definitely "worth it". It was pricey.

There's no argument the accommodations are very nice.

The only problem with the Concierge Lounge is that it was always full of Diamond members and their non-Diamond/non-Suite buddies that they snuck in with them.

We could never get in the CL for cocktail hour.

They did have an overflow lounge and we learned that having early dining was also a mistake since there were hundreds of people camped in there as well, from 5 to 8:30 pm.

We were able to find seating on about 5 of the 15 nights.... we only stayed for 1 or 2 cocktails each time.

Although we are now Diamond level ourselves, we will be losing Concierge privileges in the near future unless we rent a suite.

So.... I guess that will make being in a Suite "worth it" again :)

as you see "worth it" is very subjective...you do get extra perks..best advice is, if you can aford it..give it a try and judge for yourself..

we did it and be warned,,you will be spoiled to go back to a non suite cabin...

We blew it ...right from the first cruise----an owners suite. Oh darn, there goes the savings account.:eek:

Archived