If there was a new Princess ship, what would you name it?

RickEk

They could start going with colors: Azure, Indigo, Cerulean.

Or mythology...Luna, Serenity, Andromeda (scratch that...Andromeda Strain...bad)

I love some of those names, especially Luna. or Lunar

How about the Solar Princess or my fav.

The Buccaneer Princess Aaaarrrrr maytee

"Ressurrect" some old names?

Okay...

Titanic Princess

Lusitania Princess

Naaahhh...Nevermind...

Now, THIS ONE seems to be already set up...and what could be more fitting for a ship with 3,000 people grazing at the buffet trough:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Fat_Princess

Wait...a really good one just sprung into my head from out of the ether:

"Xena Warrior Princess"...catchy, huh? I am sure I've seen it before somewhere...

:) :) :)

When RCCL came out with a new ship, I thought it should be named "Chicken of the Seas." A noted tuna company may have objected to that one!

OK I am cracking up over this one. Thanks for the laugh with my morning coffee :D:D

Another vote to name it Regal Princess - Shelly

"When RCCL came out with a new ship, I thought it should be named "Chicken of the Seas." A noted tuna company may have objected to that one!"

Of course, with a name like that, they would have to keep it in dry dock.

I thought it was already announced a while back that the new build for P&O was going to go to Princess and was going to be called the Opal Princess...This was announced on CC earlier this year, and I remember talking to some crew about it on the Ruby as well.

I thought it was already announced a while back that the new build for P&O was going to go to Princess and was going to be called the Opal Princess...This was announced on CC earlier this year, and I remember talking to some crew about it on the Ruby as well.

Cruise News Daily only shows the P&O Azura on the list of ships on order, and it debuts next spring. No other ships listed for Princess or P&O.

Princess..........if you're listening..... I choose IMPERIAL PRINCESS.

Do I win the Prize? :D

Pia,

I agree, the name "Imperial" has a majestic ring to it (LOL). Could you imagine they could start a series of Royalty Class ships naming them all after houses of English royalty (Windsor, Tudor, etc). I also like Granny's choice of Atlantic Princess to balance the Pacific Princess.

Ciao for now!!!

Cruise News Daily only shows the P&O Azura on the list of ships on order, and it debuts next spring. No other ships listed for Princess or P&O.

The announcement was for a new ship in 2011 and it was made on the QT by the Captain of the Golden 10 days ago.

The announcement was for a new ship in 2011 and it was made on the QT by the Captain of the Golden 10 days ago.

The person I was replying to was talking about a rumour of a P&O newbuild going to Princess. I was just pointing out there is only one P&O newbuild scheduled, and if it was going to Princess, it would likely have been officially announced by now since it's less than a year away. This stretched ship rumour from the Golden is something new. There's no doubt they would like to have a new ship come out in 2011 as it will be 3 years between ships for them at that point which would be there longest dry spell since the early 90's if not earlier.

The person I was replying to was talking about a rumour of a P&O newbuild going to Princess. I was just pointing out there is only one P&O newbuild scheduled, and if it was going to Princess, it would likely have been officially announced by now since it's less than a year away. This stretched ship rumour from the Golden is something new. There's no doubt they would like to have a new ship come out in 2011 as it will be 3 years between ships for them at that point which would be there longest dry spell since the early 90's if not earlier.

The new ship talked about on the Golden already had its keel laid within the last 6 months. It was not designated a Princess ship at that time. Only recently has Princess made the deal with Fincantari for the completion in 2011.

It may have been originally for P&O, who knows?

Turquoise, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Jade, Opal, Ivory, International.....the list goes on....just don't stretch the Jewel class or Grand class, they are long enough already. We'd have to change the names to Marathon, Long Walk on Water, and Decathalon!

Ooh,I like International and Ivory haha.

Archived