If there was a new Princess ship, what would you name it?

RickEk

Sad to say, Princess has no plans on building a new ship in 2011 and 2012.

Crystal Princess

I trust your sources, but I was

Wondering where you heard this? .

Just talked to by brother in law, who works at the Corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA. ( his postition I won't mention for privacy purposes). He said they are in the finishing design stages and have been for almost a year. The plans call & say "RUBY II" but the name is NOT 100% in stone. To do a ship from the first piece if Iron to the first trial run is roughly 20-25 months. It will take place at their shipyard in CIVITAVECCHIA, ITALY

He said it should be in the water in WINTER 2011 OR early 2012, if goes as planned.

Tim

I like Imperial Princess, Crystal Princess, Regal Princess and Sky Princess. As for one that has not been mentioned yet, how about Dream Princess?

I like that name, but with the parent co. Carnival having it, I can't see it happening~

Their are a few that have mentioned that sound good. My favorite is probably the "JADE"

Just talked to by brother in law, who works at the Corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA. ( his postition I won't mention for privacy purposes). He said they are in the finishing design stages and have been for almost a year. The plans call & say "RUBY II" but the name is NOT 100% in stone. To do a ship from the first piece if Iron to the first trial run is roughly 20-25 months. It will take place at their shipyard in CIVITAVECCHIA, ITALY

He said it should be in the water in WINTER 2011 OR early 2012, if goes as planned.

Tim

I thought Princess has their ships built by Fincantieri ...:rolleyes:..:confused:

Isn't Civitavecchia a cruise ship dock in Rome? :confused:

Here's a little clip-it

""Other lines that are running out of ships on order include Princess, Holland America and Carnival. After the debut of the 3,080-passenger Ruby Princess next week, the Love Boat line will be in the rare position of not having a single ship on order. Holland America has just one ship on order, for 2010. Carnival has just two ships on order, for 2009 and 2011.""

Tim

I thought Princess has their ships built by Fincantieri ...:rolleyes:..:confused:

Isn't Civitavecchia a cruise ship dock in Rome? :confused:

.""

Fincantieri is in Trieste, but I don't know if they build the ships there.

Fincantieri is in Trieste, but I don't know if they build the ships there.

Fincantieri Shipyards in Monfalcone is the company that Princess uses to build their ships.

Pia - Pia - Pia - and I thought you knew that. :rolleyes:..;)..:D

~~

Here's another site listing the ships being built

http://www.cruiseshipodyssey.com/onorder.htm

http://www.eturbonews.com/736/new-ships-2008-and-beyond

Well, my contacts within Princess confirm that the new ship is definitely on the drawing boards and will be announced within the next few months. We'll see... maybe it all depends on the economy etc...

Fincantieri Shipyards in Monfalcone is the company that Princess uses to build their ships.

Pia - Pia - Pia - and I thought you knew that. :rolleyes:..;)..:D

~~

Here's another site listing the ships being built

http://www.cruiseshipodyssey.com/onorder.htm

http://www.eturbonews.com/736/new-ships-2008-and-beyond

Chris, I was not mistaken with my previous statement.

Fincantieri Headquarters Address

Via Genova, 1

Trieste, TS 34121

Italy

Phone: 39 04 03 19 31 11

Fax: 39 04 03 19 23 05

HeadquartersTrieste Area, ItalyIndustryShipbuildingTypePublic CompanyStatusOperating SubsidiaryCompany Size5001-10,000 employeesFounded1959Websitehttp://www.fincantieri.it

1x1_spacer.gif

1x1_spacer.gif

Thanks Pia for the link

There's no mention of a Princess ship being built :confused:

That's probably because Princess is not yet ready to make a formal announcement. I would think that if the Golden captain made an announcement there would be a new ship in 2011/12, it is likely that this is fact.

Tim

The keel is already laid and has been for a few months sitting idle.

Is there a gemstone called Disney? :rolleyes:..;)

Coral

Sapphire

Ruby

Diamond

Emerald

;)

Is there one called Sun, Sea, or Ocean? They are running out gems with normal sounding names. I thought the next was going to be called the Opal but I guess not. The gem theme might be coming to an end.

Archived