If there was a new Princess ship, what would you name it?

RickEk

The thread title sez it all.

ColoCruiser mentioned in his Live from the Golden that there may be a new Princess ship in the future (2011) and that'd it would be a stretched version of the Crown/Emerald/Ruby sisters.

What would you want Princess to name the new ship?

I'm just hoping it won't be Pearl or Amber Princess :p... I'd like to see them resurrect a name from the past... Sky Princess or perhaps Fair Princess.

What say you?

We know this one comes up all the time in these name the ship threads, so I'll be the first to say Tanzanite Princess LOL.

I think resurrecting an old name would be good. Regal would be good as well as Sky. They probably will go with another jewel name such as Opal. I'm not sure how well Fair Princess would go over in the marketing though these days. I can just see the threads on here from people who didn't enjoy their cruise. "Fair Princess really Poor Princess"... etc. LOL

I think it would be hilarious if they came out with a stretched version of the current classes, given the negativity in my recent thread over what people would like to see if they did stretch a Grand class ship.

I'd love to see a name from the past. All these Jewel/Jem/Ruby names aren't doing it for me. Jewel of the Seas. Norwegian Jewel. Jewel Princess. One short step away from the Tanzanite Princess...

I'd love to see the Regal Princess name make a comeback, or Sky Princess.

ColoCruiser mentioned in his Live from the Golden that there may be a new Princess ship in the future (2011) and that'd it would be a stretched version of the Crown/Emerald/Ruby sisters.

I'm just hoping it won't be Pearl or Amber Princess :p... I'd like to see them resurrect a name from the past... Sky Princess or perhaps Fair Princess.

What say you?

Not Pearl Princess or Jewel Princess, as P&O Australia is adding Pacific Pearl and Pacific Jewel to its small fleet of ships based in Australia. There is too much duplication in names already.

Not Fair Princess either.

Pity the Marketing people when Princess wasn't fair, or the cruise was just very ordinary!

A name with history would be nice. However, it needs to be a name which stands alone. Such as I'm going on the "Star" or "Sky". The Princess bit is a bit much, compared to strong names like Superstar Leo, Virgo, etc.

I personally dislike the Ruby (the name, not the ship), and was disappointed when that was chosen.

Since I always loved the Regal, that would be cool.

The Crystal Princess sounds nice (but may be trademarked already).

The Ivory Princess might not be too bad....

Sky.....+

hmmmm...

Naming a Ship after US States and / or Canadian Provinces would be well...

Or even the Bermuda/Bermudian Princess... etc...Hamilton already has had a nice Hamilton Princess for years now...

Maybe over there in the GOLDEN , Broken, State (LOL)

California Princess, Alaskan Princess, New York Princess, New Jersey Princess...etc...

Ontario Princess , Prince Edward Island Princess, Quebec Princess...

Yes only 50 States in the US no matter how many try to say differently..:eek:

What say you?

it would be a stretched version of the Crown/Emerald/Ruby sisters.

In that case, the Morbidly Obese Princess. :D

Seriously, they're running out of precious stone names. Perhaps mythology or astrology will be the next trend. (Apollo Princess, anyone?)

Caro

Naming a Ship after US States and / or Canadian Provinces would be well...

Or even the Bermuda/Bermudian Princess... etc...Hamilton already has had a nice Hamilton Princess for years now...

Maybe over there in the GOLDEN , Broken, State (LOL)

California Princess, Alaskan Princess, New York Princess, New Jersey Princess...etc...

Ontario Princess , Prince Edward Island Princess, Quebec Princess...

Yes only 50 States in the US no matter how many try to say differently..:eek:

I can just see it now, some state that has a huge budget deficit selling the state naming rights of a ship to Princess. Behold the Illinois Princess......for only $10 million a year.....:D

I can just see it now, some state that has a huge budget deficit selling the state naming rights of a ship to Princess. Behold the Illinois Princess......for only $10 million a year.....:D

It would probably be the other way around with Illinois paying Princess for naming rights, just like a stadium or arena. Maybe they will start selling ship names to corporations LOL. Imagine the Walmart Princess, complete with retired waiters and cabin stewards as greeters in blue vests at the gangway. Oh wait, that will be the next Carnival ship LOL.

Every time this question is asked I think of Tanzanite Princess. LOL

Although there's the NCL Jade already, I do like Jade Princess. I like the jewel names!! Makes me think of beautiful jewelry! :)

I don't want to see Regal or Fair Princess rehashed. Once was enough. ;)

I always thought Fair Princess was a mediocre name.

I do think they could use Sky and Regal again, and I like naming ships for geograhical areas, oceans, and seas.

On another similar thread sometime ago, Moon Princess was also suggested. I'm not too keen on that one.

Personally, I am done with the gemstone ships (Opals are bad luck if their not your birthstone btw). Let's bring back a few of the good old names and then some. . .

1. Sky Princess

2. Regel Princess

others could be. . Atlantic Princess, Fair Princess, Mediterrean Princess. . .

Personally, I am done with the gemstone ships (Opals are bad luck if their not your birthstone btw). Let's bring back a few of the good old names and then some. . .

Agree above with the gemstones, in fact they cause confusion with other lines...crystal is out ---too confusing since there is cruise line with that name.......would like to see priness run a contest on this one....need to think outside the box. I prefer the traditional names as well, maybe something reminiscent of the the UK or/Sitmar/ White Star Lines ( a few obvious exceptions there with W/S)......crown princess reminds me of english royalty as does regal/royal......of cousce can't get to close to Cunard either in terms of naming after a highly respectly female....good question though. Since so many of the high officers and higher ups in the company are english, maybe they should run a contest for the officers etc too...........

Archived