Using a cooler with soda & water as a checked bag

EI83

I want to take some sodas & water on the Pride next week & was wondering if putting "a reasonable amount" in a collapsible cooler & putting it with our checked luggage would be an option?

I used a softsided cooler to transport my daughters refrigerated medication, it did contain some soda and water for the road trip to port. However we carried it on, no problems but we are talking maybe 6-8 beverages.

I want to take some sodas & water on the Pride next week & was wondering if putting "a reasonable amount" in a collapsible cooler & putting it with our checked luggage would be an option?
Worked well on my NCL cruise, and hope it's just as easy on CCL!;)

Coolers may not be more than 12 x 12 x 12. If it is larger then you need to collaspe it when you put it into your luggage. I know you did say it would be in your luggage, just wanted to be sure you knew the size limits.

This is Carnival's rule, not on other cruiselines, went into effect I think last year and yes some have had their coolers confiscated. Especially in port canaveral.

I brought a small collapsable cooler as a carry on. I used it as a as a carry-all for my wallet, cameras, keys, glasses, documents, ect. They confiscated it at during embarkation. They said it was an inch to long. I would pack it all seperate.

Thanks for the feedback. LUPY48 was this on a CCL recent cruise? I don't want to put it IN my luggage & take up room but check the cooler & have it delivered to my room with other checked items.

Depends on the size of the cooler. Any coolers larger than 12x12x12 are not allowed as checked or carryon baggage.

I didn't realize this. So if I put a soft already collapsed collapsable cooler in my luggae with my clothes...they are going to take it out? That seems ridiculous.

Depends on the size of the cooler. Any coolers larger than 12x12x12 are not allowed as checked or carryon baggage.

No, if you put it in your suitcase it is fine but you can't use it as a suitcase. What was happening is people were bringing all kinds of big coolers(the big plastic kind),slapping a luggage tag on them and sending them through checked luggage. So as in all cases, to stop those that were going overboard with the cooler they prohibited all coolers except the little tiny ones. We always put a cooler folded up in our luggage to keep our wine cold. Maybe if their fridges worked a little better they would not have such a problem with people bringing coolers. Cindy

Archived