What Season Are You?

laurspag

Thanks Curt

And yes you are right black is not my color, I wear it all the time as its what i have to wear to work. I know the best lip color for me is a deep Red and coppers are best for my eyes. So when not at work I will give other colors a try. I love the dark red for hair color It just makes my eyes pop. there that weird blue that is sometimes light blue sometimes really dark blue..and even a blue green.

Leigh:)

I understand that!;)

The eye color thing, is caused by the light reflecting up, based on what you are wearing. You're sounding more like an Autumn, if you look at the Chart on Page 3 and those greens look more like the ones you look best in - or if the Spring greens look better?

Regardless, you are most definitely not a Summer or Winter!:D

Hey there!

It's hard to tell you 100% from that picture...

I CAN tell you 100% that you are definitely a Summer or a Spring...

Look at the charts on page 3 and check out Summer and Spring.

Think of clothes that you have that every time you wear them, people always say that YOU look good (they don't compliment your clothes, but they compliment you)...

With or without a tan.

Which one of those charts looks more like that?

Also, if you REALLY look at the coloring...

Do you think that you resemble more:

Kate Hudson and Cameron Diaz? (Spring)

or Michelle Pfeiffer and Jennifer Anniston? (Summer)

Let me know what you think, and we can narrow it down to 100%!:cool:

After looking at the color chart and the coloring of the people you mentioned I am leaning more towards a Spring now. I just was thrown off by the descriptions for the Spring as I have hazel (sometimes green) eyes along with very blonde hair. Thank you for your help already :)

I had my colors done by a consultant with the company 'Color One'. They do not use seasons. The belief is that everyone can wear a color, but what makes the difference is the saturation, intensity and the hue (for example is the red a blue-red or an orange-red) of the color.

The choices are not seasons, but how the colors go together. For example, one type is contrast. A contrast color type would wear black and white, or red and black, etc. The greater the contrast the better. There are rules about size of jewelry and size and contrast of colors used in prints.

The main question you ask yourself when you put an outfit on is "Do people see only the outfit, or do they see me wearing this outfit?" There is a big difference.

Example, my natural hair color is light brown with some natural blonde going through, skin is fair, and I have green eyes. I am a 'gentle' type, which means that I cannot wear high-contrast items. I cannot wear black by my face, but can wear black pants or skirt. The colors I wear are not pale or pastel, but rather have saturation, but not high intensity. I can wear a brick-red or a blue-red...definitely not an orange-red.

My closet is very mix and match...which is great for packing and getting dressed day to day. Everyone can wear denim...but hardly anyone can wear khaki up by their face. Khaki is a very draining color...but khaki is a great neutral to pair with other colors.

With this system, some people are a mix of two types...which can be true of the season system as well. It depends upon the saturation, intensity and hue of the colors involved.

It really works for me.

Amy in San Diego

Oh Curt! My turn! My turn!!!

Water Baby Janine, your turn!:D

I've attached a picture (hope it works!)

Working for me...

I'm naturally a light ash blonde. It bleaches out a lot in the summer, so my stylist does a highlight and then adds in a caramel to cover the white close to my face. So the picture shows a bit more red than would naturally occur in my hair. My eyes are hazel and truly appear to be either blue, gray or green depending on what I'm wearing and the light in the sky.

I'm half Norwegian and half English, so have fair skin that tends to the red. I have rosacea, but it's under control. In summer I don't turn brown but bronze instead. This picture was taken in early June, so I hadn't had too much sun.

This is all sounding very Summery to me (Cool and Powdery)...

Try to make sure that any colorist in the future stays away from Red tone, and sticks to more Neutral and Cool Blondes...

Also I find that Norwegians tend to be 70% Cool, with 30% Warm - and Swedes are 70% Warm with 30% Cool (population and genetic-wise).

I haven't figured out Finland or Denmark yet.;)

I think I lean towards the "summery" Cool Powdery colour palette that you provided. However, this year I have a lot of coral in my wardrobe and people always say, "that colour looks good on you", but I also hear the same for a cool turquoise, cool blue and pink. I have a natural affinity for blue-based colours, and can't even stand to have orangy colours in my house (unfortunately I'm married to a man who loves those tones :confused:).

This confuses me (and you) a bit. One of my tests though (as I've mentioned above) - is that if people are complimenting the clothes and the "color" - it can sometimes be a sign that it's the wrong color (their eye is drawn to that, and not your face).

If you are in the right Color/Tone, then they will compliment YOU - not the clothes! You look great today, you look rested, you look really happy, etc.

Is the "coral" actually really warm orange? So, then people are complimenting you on the clothes?

Or is the "coral" maybe more Watermelon-y, pinkish, blue-ish?

Then that would be more summery, and make sense?

Rosacea makes me think more summer, as believe it or not - 90% of the time when I run into that - it's on someone with Summer Toned Skin.

And LOL at your husband, as now I wonder what coloring he is?

Spring or Autumn maybe?

If that's the case (as I'm also a big proponent of this), I'd find some nice beigey tones for your house walls - as it will "fool" him enough, but look good for you as well.;)

I would love to hear your appraisal! I'm not colouring my hair this summer and just don't know if I'll go back to the same colourist in the fall as I'm ready for a change. And I'm always looking for an excuse to change my wardrobe

Please, could you give me your assessment? Thanks so much for sharing your expertise with us!

Janine

It frustrates me sometimes how many Hair Stylists don't really understand the Warm/Cool skin tone differences in their clients.

It really throws a lot of women "off" in general.

To be sure, I'd pull your hair back off your face - try my "Toilet Test" (LOL at the poster that called it that).

Then really look at what lipstick tones (in a store) work for you.

Are they more Coral/Peachy?

Or are they more Pink/Mauvey?

Make sure they are the same lightness/darkness - but one will blend with you and look natural. The wrong one will look like "paint".

Look at all of that, and really, really look at the charts on Page 3.

You should start leaning in 100% direction of Summer or Spring...

See how that works and let me know.;)

After looking at the color chart and the coloring of the people you mentioned I am leaning more towards a Spring now. I just was thrown off by the descriptions for the Spring as I have hazel (sometimes green) eyes along with very blonde hair. Thank you for your help already :)

Great! Try some different clothes you have, and some different outfits in stores when you are out.

With both of those Spring and Summer charts in mind, you'll figure it out pretty quickly...

You might also play with some lipsticks and see if you like light coral/peaches (Spring) or light pink/mauve (Summer) better...

Glad to help!:D

This is a really interesting topic. I stumbled across this thread as a link to it was posted on another. Colors eh? Hmm So Curt...am I correct in assuming I am a Winter? :D

(Sorry I am a bit sweaty in this photo..night out with a glass (or 3 ) of Scotch. You know how it goes;)

Jules5.jpg

This is a really interesting topic. I stumbled across this thread as a link to it was posted on another. Colors eh? Hmm So Curt...am I correct in assuming I am a Winter? :D

(Sorry I am a bit sweaty in this photo..night out with a glass (or 3 ) of Scotch. You know how it goes;)

Jules5.jpg

Hi Jules:), you look like winter to me and I am not the color

expert;)...we have a bit of the same coloring.

Oh, I see your 1st cruise is next month! Congratulations and have a

wonderful time:)

Hi Jules:), you look like winter to me and I am not the color

expert;)...we have a bit of the same coloring.

Oh, I see your 1st cruise is next month! Congratulations and have a

wonderful time:)

Hi LoisR!

I think I am a Winter too :o Would be great to find out for sure!

Thanks so much for the 1st cruise good wishes - my fiance and are are super excited about it! I have a feeling we will be hooked on cruising in no time :D

It is very easy to get hooked:D...is your wedding on the ship?

No - it's in Newport, RI (where hubby-to-be is from). I am originally from London, England so it was either going to be RI or London. We picked RI!:D

A wedding on a ship - now that would have been pretty fantastic and romantic! Maybe we'll go for a vow renewal on a cruise one year:)

No - it's in Newport, RI (where hubby-to-be is from). I am originally from London, England so it was either going to be RI or London. We picked RI!:D

A wedding on a ship - now that would have been pretty fantastic and romantic! Maybe we'll go for a vow renewal on a cruise one year:)

Wishing you all good things Jules....and lots of happiness:)

Be prepared to be pampered:D.....it is soooo wonderful being

on a cruiseship....you can do whatever you want....including nothing

at all....its fabulous!:)

Wishing you all good things Jules....and lots of happiness:)

Be prepared to be pampered:D.....it is soooo wonderful being

on a cruiseship....you can do whatever you want....including nothing

at all....its fabulous!:)

Thanks so much for your kind words Lois! We are thrilled to have been able to book a cruise - we've always wanted to go on one! So very much looking forward to being pampered!:D

And you will have to post on here for us when you get back too:)

Wanna know all about it:D...would love for you to post pictures!

(Back on topic)....Curt, Jules was asking for help:)

sorry about that!.....

And you will have to post on here for us when you get back too:)

Wanna know all about it:D...would love for you to post pictures!

ABSOLUTELY! I have been on Cruise Critic since we booked in March! It's been an invaluable resource - the least I can do is share my pics and reviews! :)

Maybe I'm being a bit goofy here, but I'm always second guessing if I've figured out my coloring right. One of the things I was just thinking about is Loreal Colormatch foundation. They have three categories - warm, cool and neutral. They have a transparent sheet with different shades on it, and you use it against this inside of your wrist. The color that "disappears" against your skin is the foundation you are supposed to pick. I always come up with warm #3. I think that helps me confirm that I am an autumn. I've attached two more pictures. One is of me and my husband (I'm wearing no makeup in the picture). The other is of my two daughters, which seem to be a summer and spring. My younger daughter, on the left, has a very warm, yellowy skin tone. The older daughter, on the other hand seems more pink. Both have light tans in the picture.

Curt, do you think I'm on the right track with autumn? I purchased two shirts recently, a yellowy gold colored one, and a burnt orange. Both seem to be quite flattering. I'm half Polish, half German/Dutch/English and a bit of Indian. Not sure if that info helps?

scan0002.jpg.b3505121609a85b4642989148cd03538.jpg

1746975237_BermudaNYC2008-122.jpg.314b7279716563f3b3d4ca5a5c7908c1.jpg

:)

Just a quick reply to wish you well from Newport RI! Hope the city welcomes you warmly and you have fond memories of your special day. :D

I was married on a local harbor tour boat in Newport, RI 20 years ago. I am now looking forward to my special cruise of the Mediterranean coming up to celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss (wink;)) !

Back on Topic: I am really enjoying reading the msgs in this thread. At first, the info seemed a bit confusing since people have so many variables, but after seeing some pics and explanations from CJW, now I know I am a Spring! At first blush, I thought I was an Autumn before understanding the details a bit more. Thanks CJW and everyone who posted a pic!

1700281321_PTCCloseup3.JPG.ac6037d2b86ee39baf88d31bbd19efb1.JPG

:)

Just a quick reply to wish you well from Newport RI! Hope the city welcomes you warmly and you have fond memories of your special day. :D

I was married on a local harbor tour boat in Newport, RI 20 years ago. I am now looking forward to my special cruise of the Mediterranean coming up to celebrate 20 years of wedded bliss (wink;)) !

You are a lucky, lucky, lucky lady to live in Newport. I love Newport so very much. I would move and live there in a heartbeat if I could! Congratulations on your upcoming 20 year anniversary!!

This is a really interesting topic. I stumbled across this thread as a link to it was posted on another. Colors eh? Hmm So Curt...am I correct in assuming I am a Winter?

Definitely a Winter. Some people are just very clearly defined, so there you go!

Have fun with it, the first cruise, and enjoy your wedding!

(I hope you have a Wedding Coordinator, at least even just for the day - best money I ever spent!)

PS Everyone else, I have to run, be back later with my two cents for you!

:D

Definitely a Winter. Some people are just very clearly defined, so there you go!

Have fun with it, the first cruise, and enjoy your wedding!

(I hope you have a Wedding Coordinator, at least even just for the day - best money I ever spent!)

PS Everyone else, I have to run, be back later with my two cents for you!

:D

Thanks Kurt! I am glad to hear confirmation that I am a Winter...helps with the wardrobe shopping:D

Yes you Autumn, with the muted Strawberry Blonde hair!

You will look stunning with any kind of Warm Red Hair!

Stunning I tell you!:p

Strawberry Blonde? I'm not the strawberry blonde around here! Go check your photos! :p (If I could I'd scan my school picture from first grade for you when I really did look like a redhead! Of course, I think they took the color correction a bit too far in that photo, as I think they were trying to make my dress a true red, when it was more of a tomato-red. ;))

No - it's in Newport, RI (where hubby-to-be is from). I am originally from London, England so it was either going to be RI or London. We picked RI!

Have a great wedding in Newport! My brother was married at Oceancliff (on a Friday night in March so they could afford the place!). They actually took photos outdoors at sundown - chilly!!! :cool:

And here's some more information on why to wear certain colors...from a psychological viewpoint...

http://womensfashion.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_meaning_of_color_in_fashion

And here's some more information on why to wear certain colors...from a psychological viewpoint...

http://womensfashion.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_meaning_of_color_in_fashion

Kristen,

That was an interesting article. It mentioned that Blue is a good color to wear to a job interview because it symbolizes loyalty. I'll have to remember that when I get the interview I'm hoping to get.;)

Since I'm a classic winter, (Thanks, Curt!!) I'm thinking a nice royal blue top with my grey suit??

Curt, thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom with all of us on the board. I read your thread for teen boys with interest since I have a tall skinny 11 year old son.

However, I am the one in need of help. I cannot figure out if I am cool or warm. I thought I was a summer, but I wear warm tones and cool tones and gold jewelry. Silver looks awful on me. I think I have olive toned skin, I was told I have ash blonde hair by my hairdresser many years ago. I tan easily and am quite tan now. As a child I was very blonde. My hair has darkened with age. I love red and coral, orangy-pink colors. The lipstick I gravitate towards are the berrys. I love greens on me as they bring out my eyes. My eyes are greenish/bluish/grayish. Here is a picture for you to see. The pic was taken at my kids school, so keep in mind school lighting. TIA

P1020723-1.JPG

Joni! I'm always glad to help where I can, whether it's help for cruises out of Southern California or Fashion!

Let me know if you figure your colors out, or if you have more questions.:)

Hi Curt, I don't know where you find the time to help everyone out!!! It took awhile for me to remember to do white toilet test! I think I am definitely a "pinky/blue/green" tone.... so I guess that makes me a summer/winter - cool powdery/cool bright.... right?! My hair is naturely a light brown...(with some blonde highlights) & my eyes are blue - but sometimes look green! Am I on the right track? Thanks :)

Archived