What Season Are You?

laurspag

Curt,

Your information is fabulous, thank you. I tried the "toilet test" and I would say that my skin is actual rather golden. I've always called myself fair skinned, but I have a yellowy tone.

I find the peachy or more natural tone lipsticks look much better than any kind of red. I do look like I'm from a horror movie when I put on red lipstick. I dabble with mauve shades, and those always seem to work fine. I'm thinking that is because they're barely noticeable, not necessarily flattering.

I'm going to try to post a picture here, starting with my wedding picture from July 2007. This was just a slight variation of my natural hair color, and this is also my natural skin tone.

As bad as I look in red lipstick, people do comment a lot when I wear deeper red tones. Also, olive greens and teals seem to garner compliments too. I'm going to look carefully at those charts, and the info you've provided. Thank you!!!!

LaurieBrian_0933.jpg.cfcb0b5d2b8911b77dda3a3fbabea7b6.jpg

On a side note, I have found that what people refer to as hazel can really vary. My eyes are a distinct olive green color, and mom always said they were hazel. I've seen people with a brownish color, also referred to as hazel.

I guess the olive green and coppery brown hair, along with a goldenish look to my skin say autumn/muted warm.

Valerie!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

I have really gotten so many new friends from cruising and Cruise Critic, that I just like to help out or add my advice whenever I have time.

There are a very few people in the world, who have a darker Auburn Red that are Winters - but they are almost entirely of Irish/Celtic ancestry.

The best Reds on your hair are deeper, almost "purple-y" in their subtlety.

I'd never recommend it to Winters in general, as it's so totally rare.

But, yes! The bright Fuschia totally makes sense, it's Cool, Bright, and Clear - so there you go!

All those others on the chart will work as well as long as you follow that...

Forget Orange at all. It's just not going to happen for you.

But, as long as you really check, and keep the mantra

Cool, Bright, and Clear

in your mind when searching, then you can find Greens, Yellows, and Blues that will surprise you as much as the Bright Fuschia!

Have fun with it!:D

Hi again Curt:

Well, you almost hit the nail on the head with the Irish/Celtic ancestry, except for the fact that I am Scottish by birth (and ancestry), which of course makes me of the "Celtic Persuasion".

I come from a family of "redheads" - all the way from Strawberry Blondes to the deepest Auburn and I fall somewhere in between. My hair is pretty much a medium Auburn but since it now needs a little help (to eradicate the greys:eek:) I'm going to go with a darker auburn (almost "purply"), which I can handle and I can see just how everything is going to work when that's in place. Now that Fuschia and the pinks will make sense.

You are truly a font of information and, again, I thank you for all your help.

Valerie:)

p.s. I have to agree with you - there is no way that orange will ever be in my life (ugh, I have nightmares just even thinking about that color;):D)

This is so much fun. Thanks, CJW, for all the great info.

Re: hazel eyes, I pulled out my copy of "Color Me Beautiful," and it says that springs and autumns will have golden highlights in their eyes, and winters and summers will have blue or green highlights in their eyes. I'm an autumn and at times, I look as if I have yellow freckles in my hazel eyes.

The link to the Clairol site is a great one. I think I posted before that I was wearing the wrong colors because I was buying clothes that matched my colored hair and not my skin tone. I look so much healthier now that I've returned to the brown hair of my youth.

Only pink. Not pale, it would be lost on me; too bright and all you'd see would be lips. I guess more of a rose pink, sometimes mauve.

See? This is a thing I've found, that regardless of anything, women seem to know exactly what lipsticks they can wear and not wear!

So, this...

Rose Pink and Mauve - Ding, Ding, Ding!

We have a Summer, no question!

Incidentally, I can't wear white unless I have a good tan. Ivory or ecru is great.

Hint for the future...

Look for some Oyster Whites, and Whites with some very subtle Cool Gray Tones. Those will be wonderful on you.;)

I guess you're right - I must be a summer, but I sure do like some of those blues in the spring pallet.

By the way, my blue eyes are really blue when I wear any blue shade. Otherwise they tend to be a dark blue.

Well, that's the thing. I'm a Spring (Warm, Bright, Clear) and I love a lot of the Winter tones, but they simply aren't the best for me.

So, appreciate them on other people, but know that to look your best and most vibrant - stick to your personal tones.

Another thing, Summer is one of the easiest when it comes to actual clothing - as many Spring and Winter clothing (Bright), actually become Summer (Muted, Powdery) after several washings!

They fade and tone down, which is bad for Winters and Srings, but fantastic for Summers.

When in doubt for Summers, just wash your clothes a lot, so that it fades and tones down.

Don't actually use any of those "color safe" detergents for Summers!

;)

What do you think Curt? Am I right? Do I sound like a "Summer" to you? Should I stop wearing those bright "Winter" colors I have amassed over the years and give them to my Mom? ;)

And here is a recent photo (taken last week at The Grand Canyon) and I am wearing plum! I guess I really AM a "Summer"!

Yes!:D And you are one of the people that can go even cooler with your highlights, and it's going to work great on your skin.

Cool Blonde. Think Grace Kelly in Rear Window.;)

Everyone else, I'm away for a few days, so I'll continue when I get back.

A question for our dear Curt- is there anywhere one could purchase a variation of your color grids? I truly am a warm muted married to a cool powdery and we both are clothes horses. Would love to have your guides to take along. Printed them out on my home printer, DH's office printer and my office printer, yikes!!! they all have much different hues. Any suggestions? As always, thanks for the great advice to us all. Dee

A question for our dear Curt- is there anywhere one could purchase a variation of your color grids? I truly am a warm muted married to a cool powdery and we both are clothes horses. Would love to have your guides to take along. Printed them out on my home printer, DH's office printer and my office printer, yikes!!! they all have much different hues. Any suggestions? As always, thanks for the great advice to us all. Dee

Hey there, back on the thread now...

As I said in the beginning, I'm still working out the pure Pantone numbers for each of my colors on the chart (so that they'll print the same) - but haven't completed that yet - so most likely the ones that I've done that to print out much better, and others are different on each printer.

But, the best one (my favorite) out right now is

"Reinvent Yourself with Color Me Beautiful"

by JoAnne Richmond

fb167fcb75ea7bfcc52ada3d88ff08de.JPG

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Reinvent-Yourself-with-Color-Me-Beautiful/JoAnne-Richmond/e/9781589792883/?itm=2

They will have it at your local bookstore like Barnes and Noble and Borders.

That has the best color swatches out there right now, and easiest to get.

Consider this thread here a "primer" on the theories in general, and for those who want to get swatches and delve further - then that is the best one I personally recommend.

;)

Curt,:D...I remember you saying my coloring looks good in black

and I found a beautiful dress on Saturday. (black) LOL....

Have a question, what makes "Princess Seaming" so flattering?

This is the dress but I got in black:

842930S?$FRYPRODUCT$

Its hard to see them...but where the skirt portion flows...its

all princess seaming.......and really made me look thinner and

when I looked in the mirror I felt fabulous:D

Just wondering if you know the method behind the madness of

why Princess seaming is so good? (I know you do "COLOR" but thought you

would know the answer to this one too.)

Thanks......:)

This is the dress but I got in black:

Its hard to see them...but where the skirt portion flows...its

all princess seaming.......and really made me look thinner and

when I looked in the mirror I felt fabulous

Just wondering if you know the method behind the madness of

why Princess seaming is so good? (I know you do "COLOR" but thought you

would know the answer to this one too.)

Thanks......:)

Lois! Good for you! I'm glad you felt so fabulous in that dress!

Princess Seaming, is basically a way to hide tailoring into a woman's outfit.

It adds more curves to naturally follow a woman's shape.

If you have a dress that is cut like a big box, for example - there will generally be extra fabric bunching around the waist, or creating kind of a muffin top where the fabric overflows a belt or pants.

The princess seams will follow your natural female curves, eliminate extra fabric and bunching, and accentuate the hourglass - without being too tight.

It's the same theory, when I continually try to tell men (no matter their size or shape) that a tailored shirt and jacket will always make them look better!

:D

I just knew I looked good in it

Isn't that the best!?!?

Hi Curt,:) thank you for that reply. I thought it had to do with the cut

but as I am no seamstress....(I can barely sew a button:rolleyes:)

I just knew I looked good in it:D and I have a lovely necklace my

sister got me while she was visiting Madrid too:)

Thanks so much Curt for explaining all of this so clearly!

You're welcome buddy!:D

As you know, I've always known I was a winter but was trying to figure out DH & DS. I think with all of your descriptions and color palletes, I think I've figured out that DH is a Summer and DS is a Spring. Does that sound right to you?

It does sound right to me. One of the things I've been looking at (and being fascinated by) is how the genetics of coloring "mix together" in children.

You are Bright and Cool, your DH is Cool and Powdery - so your DS got your Bright and Clear - but got some warm tones from a grandparent somewhere.

I'm Bright and Warm, Mrs. CJW is Bright and Cool - but I'm pretty sure that our genetics will result in some Summer (Cool and Powdery) or Autumn (Warm and Muted) children - from our genetic color combo!;)

OK, folks, I'll ask for your educated opinion.

I'm the one in the middle in this picture. No makeup and that's my natural hair color.

2hsacyc.jpg

and whenever I wear that turquoise outfit, I get a lot of compliments. I also get favorable feedback when I wear red.

What season am I? :confused:

Curt, I have always wondered what I was! :D It looks like I will have to go home from work and go in my bathroom and hold my hand next to my white toilet!!!! Hopefully that will give me my answer. If not, I'll be picking your brain to help me out! I would love to know what colors look best on me! Thanks for all breakdown on all the colors. Between this and my cruise out of LA next year, you have been a wealth of information!

Joni

Joni! I'm always glad to help where I can, whether it's help for cruises out of Southern California or Fashion!

Let me know if you figure your colors out, or if you have more questions.:)

OK, folks, I'll ask for your educated opinion.

I'm the one in the middle in this picture. No makeup and that's my natural hair color.

and whenever I wear that turquoise outfit, I get a lot of compliments. I also get favorable feedback when I wear red.

What season am I? :confused:

Roofing Princess!:D

First of all you're in a Winter (Cool, Bright, and Clear) Sandwich there!

Both of the people on your right and left are Winters. (Is that Wrona on the right?)

It's hard to tell from that picture, but I'm really leaning toward Spring for you!

Your skin looks warm and Ivory/Peachy in the picture, and is your hair a Warm Blondish Reddish naturally?

Look back on page 3 of this thread and see if the Warm Bright Clear Tones look good in general for you...

Let me know.;)

I have always wondered what season I am and have always been told that I would be a summer but I thought I could post a picture of myself and maybe you could tell me what you think... I am at one in the middle. I have never dyed my hair so it is my natural hair color. Thanx in advance for your help.

100_1783.jpg.17322f5ce14eb7939d77de879f021ac5.jpg

I have always wondered what season I am and have always been told that I would be a summer but I thought I could post a picture of myself and maybe you could tell me what you think... I am at one in the middle. I have never dyed my hair so it is my natural hair color. Thanx in advance for your help.

Hey there!

It's hard to tell you 100% from that picture...

I CAN tell you 100% that you are definitely a Summer or a Spring...

Look at the charts on page 3 and check out Summer and Spring.

Think of clothes that you have that every time you wear them, people always say that YOU look good (they don't compliment your clothes, but they compliment you)...

With or without a tan.

Which one of those charts looks more like that?

Also, if you REALLY look at the coloring...

Do you think that you resemble more:

Kate Hudson and Cameron Diaz? (Spring)

or Michelle Pfeiffer and Jennifer Anniston? (Summer)

Let me know what you think, and we can narrow it down to 100%!:cool:

Roofing Princess!:D

First of all you're in a Winter (Cool, Bright, and Clear) Sandwich there!

Both of the people on your right and left are Winters. (Is that Wrona on the right?)

It's hard to tell from that picture, but I'm really leaning toward Spring for you!

Your skin looks warm and Ivory/Peachy in the picture, and is your hair a Warm Blondish Reddish naturally?

Look back on page 3 of this thread and see if the Warm Bright Clear Tones look good in general for you...

Let me know.;)

Yes, Curt, that's our Wrona! She & Carol & I shared a suite on the Serenade in June!

The hair is blondish but definitely has reddish tones - in fact, in some snapshots it looks red enough for some of my Cruise Critic friends to think of me as a redhead. It's always the skin tone that catches me; when my friend who does Mary Kay had her mentor pick a foundation for me, she actually picked a medium ivory. So it sounds like you've got it nailed!

The Warm Bright Clear palette looks appealing (especially that awesome turquoise that matches this outfit) even though there are colors in there that I would never wear (generally yellows do not look good on me at all, or at least they didn't when I was younger - so I haven't tried them since!)

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

Yes, Curt, that's our Wrona! She & Carol & I shared a suite on the Serenade in June!

The hair is blondish but definitely has reddish tones - in fact, in some snapshots it looks red enough for some of my Cruise Critic friends to think of me as a redhead. It's always the skin tone that catches me; when my friend who does Mary Kay had her mentor pick a foundation for me, she actually picked a medium ivory. So it sounds like you've got it nailed!

The Warm Bright Clear palette looks appealing (especially that awesome turquoise that matches this outfit) even though there are colors in there that I would never wear (generally yellows do not look good on me at all, or at least they didn't when I was younger - so I haven't tried them since!)

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

Cindy!

I think that you are most definitely a Spring! Medium Ivory is a perfect Spring-like foundation for you.

And yes, you would probably look great in all of the Warm, Bright, and Clear Colors. I'd describe your hair as a Deep Strawberry Blonde.;)

You need Warm Bright Clear Yellows (like on the chart), so think more warm bright gold.

You actually have almost the exact same coloring as Nicole Kidman, when she doesn't dye her hair!

If you stick to those colors on the chart in the future, then people will always compliment you! So go for it!:D

Hi Curt,

I have always had a really hard time know what season i am

My real hair color is a strawberry blonde. I color it a very dark alburn

I think it just looks better on me. I wear a lot of black, white, and greens

Thanks

Leigh

Hey there, back on the thread now...

As I said in the beginning, I'm still working out the pure Pantone numbers for each of my colors on the chart (so that they'll print the same) - but haven't completed that yet - so most likely the ones that I've done that to print out much better, and others are different on each printer.

But, the best one (my favorite) out right now is

"Reinvent Yourself with Color Me Beautiful"

by JoAnne Richmond

fb167fcb75ea7bfcc52ada3d88ff08de.JPG

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Reinvent-Yourself-with-Color-Me-Beautiful/JoAnne-Richmond/e/9781589792883/?itm=2

They will have it at your local bookstore like Barnes and Noble and Borders.

That has the best color swatches out there right now, and easiest to get.

Consider this thread here a "primer" on the theories in general, and for those who want to get swatches and delve further - then that is the best one I personally recommend.

;)

Thanks for the advice, Curt! I just ordered the following "good" condition used copy of the book from half dot com:

Reinvent Yourself with Color Me Beautiful : Color Me Beautiful (Paperback, 2008)

Seller: dlpbooks (62) Ships from: New York, -

Condition: Very Good Notes: Great Item, Great Shape.

Price: $4.35

Media Mail: $3.49

Total: $7.84

Hi Curt,

I have always had a really hard time know what season i am

My real hair color is a strawberry blonde. I color it a very dark alburn

I think it just looks better on me. I wear a lot of black, white, and greens

Thanks

Leigh

Hi Leigh! I'm going to be a little harsh on you, but I'm doing it all with a big smile:D, a big hug, and a sense of love and humor!;)

If you are naturally a Strawberry Blonde, then already you are automatically a Spring or Autumn.

I think that your choice of haircolor, and choice of wearing Black and White are completely throwing you off in your perceptions - so that is why you are having a really hard time knowing what season you are!:eek:

I think that you are coloring your hair to look better with your clothing choices, and not necessarily what looks best with you.

You are Warm Tone regardless, so sorry to say, Black and White are just the furthest thing from your best colors.

Check out the Warm Bright Chart (Spring) and the Warm Muted Chart (Autumn) on Page 3.

You are one of those. I'm 100% on that.

A Spring can go medium Brown, if it is really Golden - with Golden Warm Red.

I'd lighten your hair to closer Strawberry Blonde - or at least a nice Warm Golden Blonde. Spring can go really warm bright red, and Autumn can go warm deep red.

You need to ditch the black and white clothes, and look more at the charts.

Warm Chocolate Browns are going to be an infinitely better "dark" for you over black, and Warm Ivory is going to be an infinitely better "light" for you over white.

Check those out, and see what you think on Spring vs. Autumn.

Really look at the Greens on both of those charts, and see what really makes your skin look great!

:D

You need to ditch the black and white clothes, and look more at the charts.

Warm Chocolate Browns are going to be an infinitely better "dark" for you over black, and Warm Ivory is going to be an infinitely better "light" for you over white. :D

Leigh, I want to add a caveat to this...

Obviously it's not feasible to ditch all of your black and white clothes at this point. What I mean is from this point forward, start looking into the Warm Browns and Warm Ivorys and your neutrals at this point going forward.

Then, if you are wearing your old Black or White clothes, just make sure that you have a Warm pop of color near your face - jacket, shirt, scarf, necklace, etc.

That will make a big difference already!:cool:

Thanks Curt

And yes you are right black is not my color, I wear it all the time as its what i have to wear to work. I know the best lip color for me is a deep Red and coppers are best for my eyes. So when not at work I will give other colors a try. I love the dark red for hair color It just makes my eyes pop. there that weird blue that is sometimes light blue sometimes really dark blue..and even a blue green.

Leigh:)

Archived