Odyssey Questions, Musings, and Trip Reports

JaneBP

Has anyone stayed in suites 745 or 746 Deck 7? These are next to the Winter Garden suites. They look interesting ~~

Martita B.

Martha,

I stayed in three suites whilst onboard.The seventh floor is not good in some areas.740 and 742 are to be avoided,there is serious noise coming from the patio grill which is directly above.Seabourn are aware and there will be some more soundproofing added in dry dock.I stayed on deck nine and also deck six which is the best deck on the ship.Which Hot Man Guenter agrees

Martita,

Those suites are considered V1s. They are sold separately when not in conjunction with the Wintergarden suites. They are smaller than the normal suites at 269 sq. ft. plus they have a much smaller balcony at 32 sq. ft. instead of 65. This is the reason they are V1s instead of V6s like the rest of the balcony suites on Deck 7.

Even though the topic of a jogging track or equivalent was raised several days ago and has died out, I thought I would ask a simple and logical question:

Has anyone who has been on the 3 sisters as well as the Odyssey actually measured the distance of the areas available for walking/jogging?

I mentioned on an earlier thread that when I was on the Odyssey it seemed to me that the length of the 9 deck wraparound walk was perhaps a bit shorter than on the 3 sisters but it was no doubt wider. Also, there is a walk about opportunity on deck 11 (which could be made straighter if some of the furniture on both sides were moved somewhat) which does not exist on the sisters.

Regards.

Thank you Markham for explaining once more! There is still hope for "us walkers"! The way you put it, it doesn't sound all that bad. On the triplets you also sometimes have to take the "short cut" if you don't want to bother people, so I'm used to shorter rounds. As long as I can walk my half an hour!

Marja

There is also a promenade on deck 5 which was popular with walkers.it wraps around the rear half of the ship and goes past the pool and whirlpools at the stern.This would give you a longer walk with less loungers than deck 9 and it is much quieter but with more shade.

Thank you Lord! I have not seen you post lately?

I will check out the deck plans of the Odyssey again. It will be a while before I will be seeing it with my own eyes!

Marja

Lord, sorry we never connected when you were aboard. Maybe next time. Dan, the dry cleaning machine is still broken. We are on Deck 6 and it is the quietest suite we have ever been in on any ship.

lord of the seas user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Host Dan viewpost.gif

Lord of the Seas,

Was the drycleaning machine operational on Odyssey while you were onboard???

Host Dan

Yes Dan,

all ok

Mixed reports! I'm asking for friends who will board September 19! They normally use the dry cleaners when on cruise...

Friends from the USA: Happy Holiday!

Marja

Lord, sorry we never connected when you were aboard. Maybe next time. Dan, the dry cleaning machine is still broken. We are on Deck 6 and it is the quietest suite we have ever been in on any ship.

So the drycleaning machine is still broken..... :(

Host Dan

We did cruise on the Odyssey and my suggestion about The Restaurant was made because there is a big problem with reservations at the other venues. There are many of us who like change of menu from the formal style. My thought was that half of The Restaurant would remain formal and the other half would have a different theme.

If the ship cannot accomodate all the folks who want to eat in the non Restaurant venues, then Seabourn needs to think about making more folks happy rather than having unhappiness over the difficulty of booking. But there are many factors at work here that we probably don't understand.

So the drycleaning machine is still broken..... :(

Host Dan

It's hard to believe that after all this time Seabourn cannot get the dry cleaning equipment underway. You would think that the supplier would be all over this to manage his risk under the warranty and cut his losses while satisfying its aggrieved customer. That said, I don't suppose you can drag the unit out the back door and slide in a replacement. It must be on the large size.

I wonder how much longer this will take what solutions the line can come up with in the meantime?!

Regards

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed the double loungers on the 11th deck.

I heard from someone,who recently returned, that they are not getting much use. It seems that there is no service (drinks, food) at all there.

I'm not sure if anyone has discussed the double loungers on the 11th deck.

I heard from someone,who recently returned, that they are not getting much use. It seems that there is no service (drinks, food) at all there.

Deck 11 is quiet but shuffleboard and golf putting are also on that deck.

the loungers are double but there is no shade.

We did cruise on the Odyssey and my suggestion about The Restaurant was made because there is a big problem with reservations at the other venues. There are many of us who like change of menu from the formal style. My thought was that half of The Restaurant would remain formal and the other half would have a different theme.

If the ship cannot accomodate all the folks who want to eat in the non Restaurant venues, then Seabourn needs to think about making more folks happy rather than having unhappiness over the difficulty of booking. But there are many factors at work here that we probably don't understand.

I found no problem booking the restaurant venues.We only had five formal nights in five weeks on the Odyssey.the Colonnade was increased in seating capacity from 90 to 125 people each evening.Restaurant 2 had a capacity of 48 and the patio grill seated 70.Each evening the alternate venues were fully booked so that leaves about 210 guests dining in the main restaurant.For dinner I ate twice in the Colonnade,three times in Restaurant 2 and once in the Patio Grill and dined in the suite six times and once ashore in Kotor and ate in the main restaurant for all formal evenings and the rest of the trip.

Yes,I stayed at the spa every day,it was great and very quiet.Deck six is definately the best deck on the ship.There were still some folks that let the balcony door slam which does make some noise.

Archived