Odyssey Questions, Musings, and Trip Reports

JaneBP

Cruiserbunny,

Can you please be a bit more specific as to why you wish you had waited a year? I have to say I was on the maiden voyage, and while there were a few hiccups as are to be expected on any maiden voyage, overall I thought the food and service was spectacular. I have read some negative opinions from people who have sailed since then and I keep wondering why things would not improve instead of the other way around.

Cruiserbunny,

Can you please be a bit more specific as to why you wish you had waited a year? I have to say I was on the maiden voyage, and while there were a few hiccups as are to be expected on any maiden voyage, overall I thought the food and service was spectacular. I have read some negative opinions from people who have sailed since then and I keep wondering why things would not improve instead of the other way around.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

I haven't sailed on Odyssey yet.

I was asking Ducttape why he wishes he had waited a year!

I sail in a few weeks, am really looking forward to it and have no intention of cancelling but it would be nice to see some more positive reviews... As you say I would have thought things should be improving by now.

We are still on the Odyssey. I wouldn't cancel a cruise if you are already booked. If you have not booked yet, I suggest waiting a year, we should have! BTW, the breadsticks are nice but you could get the same effect by rolling Ritz crackers mixed with some more butter!

Greetings, hope you're enjoying your Odyssey cruise. We'll be embarking on the Sept. 26th Athens-Venice leg. Was wondering if you've had any opportunity to observe the marina area and how it's operations are progressing? Any personal experience with a Marina Day yet that you might share? Thank-You !:)

Leah, RN

Good morning. There was a Marina Day the other day but I did not go down there since we had children on the ship and they kind of took over. I did speak with people who really enjoyed the toys and rides. I hope to do it later this week. As for the menus, I am not savy enough to post the menus but the variety is terrific and the food is excellent. There was quite an uproar about the 7:30 PM call-in time for reservations, so it was backed down to 6:30 PM. You have to be quick!

Good morning. There was a Marina Day the other day but I did not go down there since we had children on the ship and they kind of took over. I did speak with people who really enjoyed the toys and rides. I hope to do it later this week. As for the menus, I am not savy enough to post the menus but the variety is terrific and the food is excellent. There was quite an uproar about the 7:30 PM call-in time for reservations, so it was backed down to 6:30 PM. You have to be quick!

Thanks for the update Duct tape.

Have the kids gone now that the school hols have finished?

Does the ship feel different?

Thanks for the update Duct tape.

Have the kids gone now that the school hols have finished?

Does the ship feel different?

Hi Mike!

First read the post and then answer or ask questions (lol).

Like you quoted your self from Duct tape:

Good morning. There was a Marina Day the other day but I did not go down there since we had children on the ship and they kind of took over.

I hope you have a nice (bank) holiday?

Marja

Hi Marja.

He suggested that there had been kids on board then but he was hoping to try the Marina later this week so perhaps he is on a back to back and the kids have gone.

I hoped that he had been lucky and had at least one week without kids:)

Hi Marja.

He suggested that there had been kids on board ....the kids have gone.

I hoped that he had been lucky and had at least one week without kids:)

Here on the East coast of the USA - all the litlte darlings have just returned back to school - their first day back since summer break. Lots of teary - eyed Moms' on the morning radio talk -shows today. I must say I was a bit teary-eyed too - when the kids go back to school my commute due to more traffic is horrendous- can't win ! :D:D BTW - I have 4 little [adult] darlings myself - so I know about kids, why do you think parents who are able go on holiday without the kids for a parents get away! ?:rolleyes:

Hope Duct tape got a chance to enjoy the marina day in peace!

Leah, RN

There are a few children that are also on multiple segments. They will be getting off in Venice. The other children (2-3) are small and very well behaved and I think their parents lock them in their cabins! I rarely see them. Today we are in Kotor, Montenegro, one of my favorite ports for vistas! This site is spectacular. More later.

Thanks again Duct Tape for the update.

When you get the time can you give us a bit more details on what you like/love about Odyssey and things that they still need to work on.

We're not going till next sept so kids and bedding in the systems shouldn't be a problem. It's also the 2nd week of the 2nd Inaugural Cruise so everything should be on top form:)

Hi Mike!

I see you're "on line"!

You see: Still kids ..... when they're on board on Sunday, they will stay at least till next Saturday.

I hope it will be more quiet for you afterwards Duct tape and you can have a "kids free" marina experience!

Please let us know when the dry cleaning is working; friends of ours would like to use it. They will sail on September 19.

Continue to have a good time Duct tape!

Marja

It has occurred to me that this is the only place for information such as the non-working dry cleaning machine. I think there may be some cruisers who rely on dry cleaning once they are onboard (like me) and might be quite surprised to find out otherwise. Thanks everyone!

I guess i'm having difficulity in understanding making dinner reservations 48 hours in advance, is this for the main restaurant or only the specility restaurant? on silversea you just walk up and the m d seats you, most of the time we got dinner partners from acquaintances that were in the bar when we went for dinner, there was no planning necessary.

dhream has obviously never been on board and observed Pamela working.

If he had he would know better.

(Snipped)

I think his comments are rude and uncalled for:mad:

I sincerely hope he will withdraw his comments.

I would love to DELETE my comments, but for better or for worse, those offending electrons will buzz and jitter online for as long as the internet exists.

I am not surprised that many of you were offended, looking at it objectively, I would be too.

I happen to have a 'thing' about CEO's in general, let's leave it there.

I will concede my remarks were out of place on a cruise blog, ill chosen, irrelevant, and not specifically intended to demean Ms. Conover, or anyone at Seabourn. I was having a 'bad day at the office' if you will.

I have never been on a Seabourn yacht.

When I do sail, I promise to sit quietly in the corner in my high-chair and not throw my bowl on the floor -or at any holidaying CEO's.

Has all the righteous indignation died down enough to ask for forgiveness? :)

That took you a while! But OK.....

Will you still be on the Spirit crossing?

Marja

Hi Marja,

In all honesty, I only ever 'saw' one ho-hum response in my mailbox from this thread after I posted the offending comment, and that includes all the many pages since written about the children and hoody issues, I got none of those 'heads ups' so I was oblivious to the many indignant replies until I logged in last night and 'caught up'.

I'm not one to fade away when challenged, or to flinch from the sting of censure where it's due, which I hope, is not often. In this case I goofed, :o now let's all get on with getting along like before.

I don't know if its just my laptop or whatever, but another unrelated discussion group I subscribe to also seems to deliver new post 'notifications' in fits and starts, and sometimes, not at all.

To answer your Spirit question; Yes! :)

jures,

I think you misunderstood. It is NOT necessary to make advance reservations for the main restaurant. You can, just like on SS, meet someone in the bar, then go to dinner together without any planning. The 48 hour advance reservations are for the alternative restaurants. I have read that they moved it up to 6;30PM now, a more reasonable time.

Archived