what are some of the best dishes on Princess?

Solstice23

If you're doing traditional dining (or antime dining with a standing reservation), let your waiter know your preferences and let him/her make a suggestions as to what is best on the menu based on your preferences for type of food.

Definitely the Fettucine Alfredo, always get that a few time. Last cruise I tried the Black & Blue Onion soup at the Crown Grill...VERY good.

I would also highly recommend the Tiramisu martini at Asagio. Its not strictly a food item...but OMG...is it good!!! ;) Betcha can't drink just one LOL

Pink grapefruit sorbet and honeydew sorbet, all the dessert souffles - the hot ones, not the frozen ones, the cold soups are like fruit smoothies and sooo good, my limit on those is one a week however, crab quiche, eggplant parmesan, goat cheese souffle, spinach salad with pine nuts, parmesan shavings and dried tomato vinagrette, they usually do a good job on the fried calamari, eggs florentine, and I happen to be a fan of their pizza.

Some items not on my list of favorites are the Love Boat Dream or their cheesecake (to each his or her own, they just are not on my list), Tom Turkey dinner, Philadelphia Pepper Pot soup and the chile. Most of their dessert pastries don't do much for me, but their croissants, rolls and some other breakfast pastries make we want to take the pastry chef home!!!

I love the ice creams that are served in the dining rooms, but sometimes they compete with a sorbet that is on my total favorite list. The rack of lamb, and crab legs are entrees I try not to miss.

Sabatinis has the best Chilean sea bass and the scallops are also very good. I also go to the steakhouse and have a great shrimp cocktail and the halibut. I assure you the small upcharge is well worth the experience.

If you have the Pacific Moon dining room their special dish,I think it was the beef with vegetable dish I had almost everynight, soo good.
The Pacific Moon dining room is only on the Sapphire and Diamond Princess, no other Princess ships.

The French Onion Soup, particularly the one from the new menus, is great. Lamb chops are delicious. Pretty much any pasta, especially when they make it fresh in each section of the dining room; the ice cream and sorbet is excellent (love the hazelnut and amaretto ice cream.) The lobster is only so-so IMHO as it's frozen so I avoid it; love the Caesar salad but ask for the dressing on the side, otherwise, it can be soaked in dressing.

My favorites are the lamb dishes (roast leg of lamb) & lamb chops. Escargot, Alaska King crab, Prime rib.

I also thing that the sit down lunches in the dinning room have many good pasta and appetizer choices.

Anything done with chocolate.

Quiche

Pizza

Don't miss the fruit cake in the afternoon tea, the best I ever had !!

escargo

ceasar salad

You mentioned not big on red meat. But lamb chop is wonderful. Never had bad steak either, and of course beef wellington

Im surprised nobody said it yet but I will........

PIZZA.......

Princess has by far the best pizza around!!!!!!!:D:D

If you're a Chicagoan, you will vehemently disagree. Princess pizza is rather bland, floppy, sloppy and all those other things that seem to appeal only to those who also think that New York City is the greatest place on the planet.

For truly satisfying pizza, come to my home town and try our local thick crust (with the carmelized edge) pizza with homemade sausage and a slightly sweet tomato sauce that is so exquisitely savory...

If you're a Chicagoan, you will vehemently disagree. Princess pizza is rather bland, floppy, sloppy and all those other things that seem to appeal only to those who also think that New York City is the greatest place on the planet.

For truly satisfying pizza, come to my home town and try our local thick crust (with the carmelized edge) pizza with homemade sausage and a slightly sweet tomato sauce that is so exquisitely savory...

I am originally from chicago so yes I do love the deep dish pies...(just had one last night from UNO's)....Princess has more of a NY style pizza, everyone has their tastes....I love em both!!!....:D:D

There is nothing wrong to like a different style of pizza. Princess's pizza is more like the one you will have in Italy, simple, crispy, delicious. I heard a fellow Italian passenger on the ship said that it is the best pizza he had outside Italy.

Depending on what I'm hungry for at the moment, my answer to this is different every time this question comes up. :)

Tonight, I would love some of the chicken and asparagus risotto. Not even sure it's still on the menu, I haven't ordered it in awhile...

A lot of the time, my answer is the grilled vegetable salad, the ice creams and sorbets (made onboard!) Like everyone else, I like the black-and-blue onion soup, fettucine alfredo, and a slice of pizza once or twice a week for lunch.

I also eat my cruise fare in pineapple and grapes, especially when they have pealed and/or cut the pineapple into chunks and taken the grapes off the vine.

We had read so many rave revues about the fettucini alfredo we ordered it on the Coral in May. I hate to report it was dry, and stiff, and tasteless. Almost like it had set under a heat lamp from first until second seating dinner. What a dissapointment.

Loved the chilled peach soup and the sorbet...any flavor is wonderful. Even the small shrimp cocktail and the always available salmon and chicken are also delicious.

We had read so many rave revues about the fettucini alfredo we ordered it on the Coral in May. I hate to report it was dry, and stiff, and tasteless. Almost like it had set under a heat lamp from first until second seating dinner. What a dissapointment.

It's not like that normally. You should have sent it back.

Archived