Dawn Princess World Cruise

Kiwi Kruzer

I would really like to thank you for the effort you have put in with your reports on the DP world cruise.I have found them extremely interesting.I didn't realise there were so many webcams around.You are dedicated. Everytime I look at the DP webcam someone has painted it black.I am sooooo envious of the lucky people on the cruise.Mind you sitting in an office in Blacktown can be a lot of fun :mad: .

Once again thank you.

Has anyone asked Sheree what the average age would be on this current Dawn Princess world cruise? Jillybean;)

HI Jilly,

We started discussing that topic on page 1, but I dont think we have heard back from the cruisers yet as to the actual age range. I am sure when they return and have time , and easier internet access, they will let us know. I still think it will be a lot younger than we think. You would have to be in a pretty good and fit condition to be away for that length of time. You would not want to be running to the ships doctor every day, or you would be sending messages home ...

like ...Help, sell the house so I can afford the doctors bill :eek:

My pick is that it would appeal to the "recently retired", and more probably , those who retire early, or who have lots of leave up their sleeve .

What a lot of wonderful photos and photos from the ports.

Is there a list somewhere of all the port cameras so I can take a look myself.

There is no actual list as such, you just have to search around.

Some that I use are....

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

http://cruise.11.forumer.com/index.php

http://*****/

We were to have docked in Livorno on our Med cruise.

The night before 'El Captain' made an announcement that they had double booked the berth with us 'Celebrity Constellation' and the 'Celebrity Millennium', and both ships could not fit in the port together as they were too large. We lost......and were diverted to La Spezia and tendered in. Le Spezia is a lovely town and it all worked out well in the end because we only had to walk a few blocks in the town jump on a local train either to Florence or Pisa. We chose Pisa and had a wonderful day including the train ride through the beautiful Italian countryside.

Jillybean:)

Le Spezia is a lovely town and it all worked out well in the end because we only had to walk a few blocks in the town jump on a local train either to Florence or Pisa. We chose Pisa and had a wonderful day including the train ride through the beautiful Italian countryside.Jillybean:)

The Italian countryside is indeed very beautiful. When we docked in Livorno we took the tour to Cinque Terre.

One of the best shore I have ever done.

What a lot of wonderful photos and photos from the ports.

Is there a list somewhere of all the port cameras so I can take a look myself.

A site I use:

http://www.shipwatcher.com/

They have just been joined in port by the Spanish cruise ship Pullmantur Sovereign

2dawnlivorno2.jpg

2dawnlivorno3.jpg

Thanks Kiwi Kruzer :), I was just about to ask who that was :D

in port today, (tonight our time) will be

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Summit

Dawn Princess

Number of passengers from just those 3 ships

9136 ,

add to that all the ferries and it will be another busy day in Civitavecchia.

Trust they have put on lots of trains to get them to and from Rome.:eek:

in port today, (tonight our time) will be

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Summit

Dawn Princess

Number of passengers from just those 3 ships

9136 ,

add to that all the ferries and it will be another busy day in Civitavecchia.

Trust they have put on lots of trains to get them to and from Rome.:eek:

that is alot of people to hit one place at the same time the tour people will be rubbing there hands.:D

.....Imagine the line of buses too........this is probably one of their quieter days:D.... scariest place for cruiseships at anchor is the caldera parking lot in Santorini ....you can have up to 12 ships in for the day or part of....that adds up to heaps and heaps of pax....pity this cruise isn't going there its my alltime fav spot in the world......seeing we don't have a webcam shot yet here's a foto I took of an Italian Navy training ship (absolutely stunning and looked brand new) docked in Civitavecchia...got to love the word.. did i spell it right this time .........:eek::eek: cheers Shiona

2724810130102418569S425x425Q85.jpg

this is a copy from the Dawn Princess.....its on our roll call

news is that between Gibralta and Barcelona a Girl fell down the stairs and had broken both ankles and was having an operation in Barcelona Hospital. Ouch and I hope she had good travel insurance! Also 10 people from the Dawn were robbed of money etc while in Barcelona too! Still with 12 Cruise ships in port the pickpockets would have had a field day

this is a copy from the Dawn Princess.....its on our roll call

news is that between Gibralta and Barcelona a Girl fell down the stairs and had broken both ankles and was having an operation in Barcelona Hospital. Ouch and I hope she had good travel insurance! Also 10 people from the Dawn were robbed of money etc while in Barcelona too! Still with 12 Cruise ships in port the pickpockets would have had a field day

Breaking 2 ankles would be terrible. I saw a lady slip on the stairs coming down to the Lido pool on Dawn. She just twisted her ankle, but spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair.

Also when we were in Barcelona, one our group was sprayed in the face and a passerby rushed to help and clean her up. Unfortunately ,it was the passerby who then fleeced her:eek:

You have to be careful everywhere.

Archived