Dawn Princess World Cruise

I was thrilled to get the Statue of Liberty shot with DP passing it.

They left at 8pm Friday night , which was midday Saturday here, and 10am in Sydney.

I saw them pulling away and got those shots and I knew they had to sail past the Statue , but had no idea when ,or how long it took them to get there. As you can see from the times on the shots it was 40 mins after sailaway. I thought I missed them and had nearly given up waiting, but thought I would check just one more time.....and there she was passing the Statue of liberty, a world icon :)

I was thrilled to get the Statue of Liberty shot with DP passing it.

They left at 8pm Friday night , which was midday Saturday here, and 10am in Sydney.

I saw them pulling away and got those shots and I knew they had to sail past the Statue , but had no idea when ,or how long it took them to get there. As you can see from the times on the shots it was 40 mins after sailaway. I thought I missed them and had nearly given up waiting, but thought I would check just one more time.....and there she was passing the Statue of liberty, a world icon :)

Well done Kiwi Kruzer amazing shots, such good clarity. :D Save those shots and put them in your album.

Jillybean:)

Thanks you David - it's been great watching the beautiful Dawn sailing around the world and you have been so good to keep the photos coming.

Starting to think even if it is 104 days, I think I could manage that - sure beat cleaning the house as I have done for most of the day.

Thanks again David.

Vicki

They left Boston 30 minutes ago , as I post.

Now comes the long haul across the stormy Atlantic.

Lets hope they have smooth seas.

Departure was 30 min ago. (at 19:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 6 days 7 hrs 30 min. (at 08:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Boston: 3.59 nm (6.65 km)

Remaining distance to Cobh (Cork): 2,579.16 nm (4,776.60 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 15,053.41 nm (27,878.91 km)

17boston3.jpg

17boston5.jpg

17bostonmap.jpg

Hi David - enjoying travelling with you on another virtual world cruise!! We were on the Royal Princess Venice/Rome (the one before the fire). Did you ever hear from Bill again?

Will be on the Diamond 10th December when you disembark - pity you're not going on to Auckland - would love to meet you one day!!

Vera

Hi David - enjoying travelling with you on another virtual world cruise!! We were on the Royal Princess Venice/Rome (the one before the fire). Did you ever hear from Bill again?

No, but they are still chatting and that thread is still going. Its been moved to the Floataway Lounge now, so everyone is free to chat about whatever they like.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=909893&page=317...

Vera

Will be on the Diamond 10th December when you disembark - pity you're not going on to Auckland - would love to meet you one day!!

Hi Vera,

I am more than a bit annoyed about that. When we booked Bk to Sydney, got a good deal and enquired about carrying on to Ak, but they said it was all sold out, so made other arrangements. Now Sy to Ak is on special :mad::mad:....

Hi Vera,

I am more than a bit annoyed about that. When we booked Bk to Sydney, got a good deal and enquired about carrying on to Ak, but they said it was all sold out, so made other arrangements. Now Sy to Ak is on special :mad::mad:....

That's a shame. Maybe Princess should pay any cancellation costs you incur due to their 'mis-information'.

Have been reading RP in the Floataway lounge - amazing they're still going!

Vera

They left Boston 30 minutes ago , as I post.

Now comes the long haul across the stormy Atlantic.

Lets hope they have smooth seas.

Departure was 30 min ago. (at 19:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 6 days 7 hrs 30 min. (at 08:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Boston: 3.59 nm (6.65 km)

Remaining distance to Cobh (Cork): 2,579.16 nm (4,776.60 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 15,053.41 nm (27,878.91 km)

17boston3.jpg

17boston5.jpg

17bostonmap.jpg

When you look at this picture it doesn't really look far from Boston to County Cork isn't it?

Good on Sheree, she has written her blog so well everyone should be following her and hopefully County Cork residents can add their name to the list.

Looks like they're going to give the Dawn Princess a real welcome on her arrival.

Wish I was there, do you? ;)

Good on Sheree, she has written her blog so well everyone should be following her and hopefully County Cork residents can add their name to the list.Looks like they're going to give the Dawn Princess a real welcome on her arrival.Wish I was there, do you? ;)Jillybean:)

Yes ...it would be great to be there:cool:

Sherees doing a great job with her blog.

Its great to see the Irish putting on such a warm welcome. Its things like this that make a world cruise extra special and very memorable.:):)

After reading one or the blogs and them mention that ireland are going to put on a show... i decided to google it... that is how I found the site...

if anything has made me jealous it is definitely this

I have loved reading all these blogs ... especially sheree's ... she certainly will feel like an old friend by the time they get back to sydney.....

I keep thinking I just want to be down at the wharf when she gets off so I can give her a big hug to say thankyou LOL.... hee hee maybe then I can be her newest bestest friend LOL

joanne

Well it looks a bit smooth now compared to what Sheree reported yesterday their time...fog and all.

We were out at friends this afternoon and we were talking about cruising across the Atlantic and they were telling us from the day they left Southampton they were locked inside the whole way to New York. Didn't get a breath of fresh air the whole journey due to enormous waves and fog.

Approaching Cobh

( pronounced Cove ; re Sheree )

and the end of the Atlantic transit.

Hope they have a happy Australia Day today.

I would think after 6 days at sea ,

they will be glad to put their feet on land again.

23dawn2-2.jpg

23dawn1-2.jpg

23dawn3-2.jpg

If anyone wants an interesting read and a different take on World Cruises,

I came across this article....

http://www.thestar.com/travel/article/682988

American based, but it talks of " worldies"... those who do the whole cruise,

and "seggies" ,those who do a segment.

Just found out I am a "seggie".

It also talks about some of the rather eccentric characters who do world cruises.

Could you see youself doing 30 world cruises:eek:???

Oh boy.

One of the characters they mention is "Kissing Annie",

who I have actually met on a cruise.

She insisted on asking anyone to dance and asked me several times.

Each time time I said

No , I cant dance, but she was so persistant that I gave in one night

and after a few bars of the music,

she dropped me and said...

You are quite right .. you cant dance.:D

Archived