Dinning ?s

Every morning breakfast is served in the dining room. Only on sea days is the dining room open for lunch. I have not sailed the ship you are sailing, but I think breakfast at the buffet is better than breakfast in the dining room. I do believe there should be an omelet station where you can get omelets of your choice or eggs cooked any way you like. They are served hot, whereas in the dining room, omelets are not necessarily of your choice in that items are limited, and eggs are not always as hot as the buffet.

I sometimes like the relaxed atmosphere of eating in the dining room, but here again, the choices are limited. I love the deli and the Asian food served on Carnival, so the dining room for lunch is not something I feel I need. I do understand that we all don't like the same thing.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sailing Destiny in Nov. Can you eat breakfast and lunch in main dinning room. Seems like some negative experiences with buffet.

Thanks.

Yes you can eat breakfast and/or lunch in whichever dining room is open. The dining rooms are open seating for b & l. Not open on port days I think.

Sailing Destiny in Nov. Can you eat breakfast and lunch in main dinning room. Seems like some negative experiences with buffet.

Thanks.

Yes...I know breakfast is open in the DR everyday...and I know they have lunch on sea days (I have heard conflicting reports about port days and never paid attention myself since I am always ashore).

We LOVE to eat in the DR since we travel with our kids ...I hate juggling trays and getting up and down for 2nds, refills etc.

We ate in the dining room(Destiny) for breakfast once. It was nice but a little slow and the portions were very small. We usually like to eat big at breakfast and just snack the rest of the day. In reference to the buffet there are 2 lines outside the Lido(buffet) restaurant (near the pool deck). These outside lines have the basics of what they have inside and there is also an omlete station (right at the end of the line-not very visible if you don't notice anyone else getting one just ask at the end of the line). This option worked best for us as we got frustrated with the long inside line.

Thanks.

You will find just as many negatives with the main dining room for breakfast and lunch as you will on the buffet.

On both Carnival ships I have been on (freedom and glory), the omeletes were made to order and very hot. You could get as much food as you want. You could ask to sit by yourself or be sat at tables with others.

the selections aren't as varied as the buffet. The menu doesn't change all week but the food is good

Best part is you are served!!! No standing in buffet lines, having people bud in line for forgotten butter and then never leave, juggling trays and then making a second trip for fluids

Sorry, I meant 4 answers to your question all about the same time.

Oh.

That would be very quick responces.

I was not meaning to be sarcastic. I thought you were being funny.

I am not a person who wants to bicker on these boards.

Thanks.

I prefer the dining room and being waited upon for breakfast! I don't enjoy starting my day by schlepping plates, utensils, cups while trying to find (and then, wait for) the syrup while my pancakes get cold! Oh--and then, trying to find a table....no thanks!

You can pretty much order whatever you want in the dining room---mix and match---and the condiments are on the table---you don't do anything but order!!!! It's great!

Just a bit of information. We don't like the prepared egg mixture so we ask for scrambled eggs, omelets, etc. in the dining room and lido buffet to be prepared with real, whole eggs. We like that a lot better.

The dining rooms are open for lunch only on sea days but everyday for breakfast.

Archived