Ryanair to make passengers stand

Mildred

Was this man a miss be gotten youth? I have never heard of so many penny pinching ideas with lack of saftey for the passengers. This proves this is one CEO who truly does not care about his passengers. Next he will drill holes & have the passengers legs dangling out & help run with take off & landings.

Was this man a miss be gotten youth? I have never heard of so many penny pinching ideas with lack of saftey for the passengers. This proves this is one CEO who truly does not care about his passengers. Next he will drill holes & have the passengers legs dangling out & help run with take off & landings.

Hahaha... wait.. even flinstones didn't do this. They just strap a cabin on the back of a pterdactyl. I'm assuming this is where Ryan Air is getting its ideas, so asking the pax use their legs won't happen.

And from a pure physics point of view, I'm pretty sure take off speeds would be a little tough to reach wearing pumps and loafers.. oh yeah.. and using human legs. :rolleyes:

What does this have to do with Royal Caribbean?

If you say "Royal" 15 times quickly, and have a few DODs, it sounds like you are saying "Ryan". :D

That, and this is a Royal pain in the rump. :p

Ryan Air is not going to "make" passengers stand. Their proposal is to offer a cheaper fare for those who are willing to stand. Even so, it is a disastrous proposal by a cheap, cheap airline. It would not be permitted flying in or out of any US airport where the FAA requires all passengers to be seated with seat belts fastened prior to take off or landing. We would NEVER fly that airline anyhow sounds more like a cattle car!!!:(

I had to check whether it was April 1st.

The boss of Ryan Air is attempting to drum up business by making more and more controversial and absurd ideas.......and there are idiots who believe him and the media lap it up.

Paying for toilets

Paying for seats extra if you are obses

And now this.

All in 3 months.

Get a grip guys.

As long as he can keep Ryanair in the news then he is doing his job.

Don't forget, in this context, whilst they are talking about Ryaanair they are ignoring Easyjet and the other UK budget airlines

The sooner Ryanair and Michael O'Leary go under the better for everyone !!!

jj.......

How is it better for everyone :confused: If Ryanair are providing cheap flights to people who may not be able to afford them otherwise and who are prepared to accept that the product comes without bells and whistles why should it matter to those who don't choose to fly this way.

I've flown Ryanair once without any problems and Easyjet many times - again without problems.

Good luck to them I say - if you don't want to fly with them then it's your perogative to choose to pay a lot more to fly with a different airline :rolleyes:

I had to check whether it was April 1st.

The boss of Ryan Air is attempting to drum up business by making more and more controversial and absurd ideas.......and there are idiots who believe him and the media lap it up.

Paying for toilets

Paying for seats extra if you are obses

And now this.

All in 3 months.

Get a grip guys.

As long as he can keep Ryanair in the news then he is doing his job.

Don't forget, in this context, whilst they are talking about Ryaanair they are ignoring Easyjet and the other UK budget airlines

Although having to pay extra if you are obese seems to me to be a good idea. Maybe a rental charge for the seat belt extender? It might help those who are really trying to improve their health by giving them an incentive to do so?

How is it better for everyone :confused: If Ryanair are providing cheap flights to people who may not be able to afford them otherwise and who are prepared to accept that the product comes without bells and whistles why should it matter to those who don't choose to fly this way.

I've flown Ryanair once without any problems and Easyjet many times - again without problems.

Good luck to them I say - if you don't want to fly with them then it's your perogative to choose to pay a lot more to fly with a different airline :rolleyes:

I feel O'Leary doesn't give a monkeys about customers he made a mistake trying to hedge the oil price and failed. He has done nothing to help the airline industry - setup routes with big fanfares then closed them within months - he's nothing more than a skavenger.

He has tried for the last few years to bring Aer Lingus down and has failed.

In Belfast he has threated to leave the City Airport unless they extend the runway so he can bring bigger planes in - causing more noice and pollution.

jj......

Ryan Air is not going to "make" passengers stand. Their proposal is to offer a cheaper fare for those who are willing to stand. Even so, it is a disastrous proposal by a cheap, cheap airline. It would not be permitted flying in or out of any US airport where the FAA requires all passengers to be seated with seat belts fastened prior to take off or landing. We would NEVER fly that airline anyhow sounds more like a cattle car!!!:(

Just like leoandhugh said, they absolutely cannot do this on a flight to or from the States. The FAA requires passengers in private aircraft to be seated and strapped in for takeoff and landing. In fact, it is illegal to even taxi unless all the passengers butts are in a seat and buckled in. FAR 91.107 to be specific.

Just like leoandhugh said, they absolutely cannot do this on a flight to or from the States. The FAA requires passengers in private aircraft to be seated and strapped in for takeoff and landing. In fact, it is illegal to even taxi unless all the passengers butts are in a seat and buckled in. FAR 91.107 to be specific.

If the traditional "Seat" is the only way to meet this requirement, you are correct. But, looking at those pics a few posts up, and seeing a "seat" and seatbelt, it looks like someone has been thinking outside the box.

Archived