Is it possible to get free room upgrades?

I heard that the Grandeur is sailing very near capacity on almost all of its sailings. An upgrade may not be possible, but I wish you luck in getting one anyway.

Have a great cruise.

Annieeee

As already mentioned, you would generally need to be a high level member of their loyalty program to be considered for an upgrade from general category to general category (inside, outside, balcony, suite). However you can keep an eye on the cost of your cruise and try and upgrade if the outside cabin cost comes down. I do not know how this works after the deposit due date but I am sure that someone can discuss their experiences with this option.

If so, what is the best way to get one? We are traveling on the Grandeur on Oct. 30, 2009 and booked an interior room. It would be great to get a bump up to an outside room. It is our third cruise with RCCL.

Did you book an Inside Guarantee, or an assigned room. If you can, switch to a Guarantee. We had one, and were upgraded to an Oceanview for our Bermuda cruise. However, you don't always get an upgrade with a Guarantee.

First time posting, Hello to everyone!!! We are sailing on this ship on Sat. to Bermuda in a JS Guarantee. We got bumped up to a GS but friends of ours stayed in a JS. We think it's because this is our 5th cruise C & A and our friends are newbies.

The Bible says, "all things are possible to those who believe."

Guess you have to begin with faith and hope that Adam Goldstein reads the Bible!

Nope. That's from the New Testament, and Adam Goldstein is Jewish.

You'll have to find another way! ;)

We are on the 9 night Eastern Caribbean on the cruise before you. We booked an inside on deck 8, it is now a little more expensive than an outside on a lower deck. We would rather be in an inside that is across the hall from our friends than an outside somewhere else. BTW, I think your cruise starts on Oct 31th as that's when we get back.

Royal Caribbean works really hard at selling cabins at a discount at the last minute so that they don't have to give away upgrades. It's been several years since we have received an upgrade as a Diamond Plus.......I no longer expect them.

First time posting, Hello to everyone!!! We are sailing on this ship on Sat. to Bermuda in a JS Guarantee. We got bumped up to a GS but friends of ours stayed in a JS. We think it's because this is our 5th cruise C & A and our friends are newbies.

Interesting! I wasn't aware that Royal ever offered a JS Guarantee. I thought that the highest Guarantee was offered at a Cat. E balcony.

Archived