Luggage to your room? How long?

lateuk

Sometimes it depends on when you get on the ship. if you are a early bird then your luggage may be on the bottom of the pile and then you may wait longer. then on the other hand I have gotten on early and by 1:30p.m. our luggage came. So in others words who knows.;) I will use myself and say that 99% of the time it is in your cabin right before muster drill or soon after. Of course muster drill is different times depending when the ship leaves so your guess is as good as mine.

Marilyn

Sometimes it depends on when you get on the ship. if you are a early bird then your luggage may be on the bottom of the pile and then you may wait longer. then on the other hand I have gotten on early and by 1:30p.m. our luggage came. So in others words who knows.;) I will use myself and say that 99% of the time it is in your cabin right before muster drill or soon after. Of course muster drill is different times depending when the ship leaves so your guess is as good as mine.

Marilyn

Like I said Marilyn, any time from embarkation to bedtime. :D

Like I said Marilyn, any time from embarkation to bedtime. :D

Now Pia, got to be honest here, I have never had to wait for luggage that long.:D Of course if you go to bed at 6 or 7p.m. then maybe. To the OP it really is hard to tell when you will get your luggage.

Marilyn

We usually board around noon, and have gotten our luggage delivered to the same stateroom, same ship, different cruises, hours apart. Sometimes it is speedy, other times it took forever. So, it is best to pack a change of clothes in your carry on, or swimsuit if you decide to head to the pool. You just never know when it will arrive. ;)

In general I would have to agree that you should have it no later than 6pm but usually it's earlier. Another consideration is you don't always receive all pieces at the same time.

I just take what I need with me when I board so I don't have to worry about my luggage coming late.

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any idea how long it takes for luggage to be delivered to your room on the first day?

Thanks

An hour to 5 hours, if memory serves me right on one cruise some didn't get their luggage till after dinner IE we didn't see it in their room till 9pm, could have earlier..

It can be at any time from right after you board until after dinner but usually within 2 - 3 hours. If you're traveling with someone else, it's a good idea to cross-pack clothing, i.e., put some of each person's clothing in the other's suitcase. When I was boarding the Sapphire Princess last year, I had one 25" and one 18" suitcase (because I was going to be gone for five weeks). Our hotel was a 5-minute walk to the pier so we took our luggage down to the pier early at 10:30am and dropped them off. Went back to our hotel, relaxed, checked out and walked back to the pier with our carry-ons to check in for the cruise at about Noon. My 18" suitcase was in my cabin an hour later. The 25" suitcase wasn't delivered until while I was at dinner (late Traditional dining at 8pm). Go figure. MOST of the time, my luggage is delivered before Muster.

i agree with a previous post to bring a swimsuit and something you can wear to dinner in your carry-on...if you are prepared you'll probably get it delivered pretty quickly :)

That's always been my philosophy: prepare for the worst!

The other odd thing in my personal experience: the smaller the ship, the longer it's taken to get my luggage:

On the Crown, it was very quick (even if I had to go find it myself -- was upgraded, unbeknownst to me until checkin, so it went to the cabin # I had filled out on the luggage tag -- no biggie) -- I had it well before muster.

On the Grand, it came also before muster.

On the Dawn, it arrived about the scheduled departure time.

On the Pacific, we were well down the Hudson River on our way out to sea before it showed up in my cabin (that was a bad feeling, leaving the dock without having seen my suitcase appear yet!).

Can't remember further back than these four examples, but I'm seeing a definite trend . . . Sailing next on the Royal and, at this rate, just hoping I get my suitcase sometime before breakfast the next morning. . .

Have had it arrive within an hour of boarding and other times into the early evening and sometimes pieces of luggage arriving at different times. On one occasion a garment bag didn't turn up until the next morning. I sometimes think that first on get their luggage last.:confused:

I sometimes think that first on get their luggage last.:confused:

I agree! On our first Princess cruise we departed out of San Francisco and we drove to port. My DH insisted we leave so early in the morning that we literally arrived as people were still departing. We were the very first people in the terminal and the first to check in. We were also among the last to get our luggage. It finally showed up sometime after dinner!

In contrast on our recent Alaska cruise, we boarded early (right before noon), but our luggage was delivered promptly. We boarded, dropped of our carryons at the cabin, went to lunch and when we got back after lunch all of our luggage was already waiting at the door.

Hi Folks,

Coral May '06 FLL/YVR boarded 1145hrs bags all recvd by 1500hrs. Golden May '08 LAX/YVR boarded 1200hrs bags all recvd by 1500hrs.

Star Oct '09 SYD/LAX boarding early then going ashore then reboarding prior to sailaway at 2100hrs, bags...will advise when the cruise starts and I receive them all.

Ciao for now!!!

Last year our luggage actually made it to our cabin before we did. We checked in around 2:00, boarded immediately, went straight to our cabin and our luggage was already sitting inside. I don't think we have every waited longer than an hour after boarding to get ours.

Archived