Couple of Seadream questions (re: St Thomas porT)

Well I did contact them and they were not able to accomodate.. but that as expected.. however, we will be able to set sail on Sunday so we are very happy!

Wishing you safe travels ... and bon voyage!

Looking forward to your trip report:D

Well I did contact them and they were not able to accomodate.. but that as expected.. however, we will be able to set sail on Sunday so we are very happy!

Oooh, I'd love to be able to set sail on Sunday. :)

Have a fabulous time! Drink a glass of champagne for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back; returning to the real world is a hard thing to do. I had a lot of things to catch up on... Well let me get started....

The Crew:

Wonderful. They always seemed to remember what I liked (be it a Pellegrino or a double espresso). On the spot, impeccable service. Bartenders wonderful, waiters great (Mirza, Silva, and Peter were our favorites) and our cabin was kept impecable. The misses did a couple of spa treatments and those were quite nice! The pool area service was a little slow, but it was always easy to walk to the bar area and order something. Had room service to the pool a couple times which was nice

The Food:

For the most part quite tasty. Better than Regent. The french fries at dinner were always nice- served in pewter bowls. They could be hit or miss at lunch though. The fried fish at lunch and the fried shrimp at lunch were great. Desserts were pretty good for the most part. Caviar a total of three times I think. The beach bbq at Jost Van Dyke was excellent; probably our favorite meal. I would have preferred a larger room service menu... we were quite tired some nights and would have loved to have dinner a la cabine. We did dine outside some; after we learned it was possible to reserve outside tables even when dining was to occur in the main salon. Unfortunately, it seemed the service level did drop on those nights because Jamie was running around trying to do too much. We did appreciate their accomodation but my water glass sat empty way too often for my taste.

The Ports/Excursions:

Quite happy- our fav was St. Barts. We went over to St. Jean Beach which was nice. We were really looking forward to Anegeda because of the prospect of bicycling (the other islands were quite hilly). Bitter End Resort was a nice substitute. St. Martin was ok, I wish that they had docked in Phillipsburg because there were no other ships in port and I think most people ended up cabbing to the dutch side (even though it's the trashier side). We did two ship excursions: Saba (which I think was nice to see the island) and we swam with the dolphins on Jost van Dyke. Well actually it was on Tortola. I think the price of ship based excursions was pretty fair; about in line with what other companies charge. My one complaint with swimming with dolphins was that it seemed that there was quite a time crunch- especially to get back to the beach party in time (we were on the Zodaic when the horn blew). I htink if they had left about 30 minutes earlier for the excursion things would have been fine. I would have loved to see the Baths as well but with changing weather conditions we bagged that excursion

The ship:

Our cabin was nice; the rooms with lots of storage. The bathroom was a bit tiny but functional. I think Regent's cabins are indeed nicer but I felt quite at home and slept quite well. Our cabin stewardenss did a great great job! The pool area was a little small when it got busy but we spent a lot of time in the hot tub which was nice. I would have preferred more opportunites for marina use, because we loved it. I asked the CAD if it was possible for one last swim before departure from Jost Van Dyke but got the negative

Conclusion:

We loved the cruise. Was it perfect? No but we loved the intimate scale of the ship; met a lot of great people (hi lespres) and had a great time. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves because we were thankful to have a nice week to ourselves and Seadream made it almost perfect

CDW

PS: I saw sandals/flipflops at dinner multiple multiple times; inside and out. Must have been the best Denny's I've ever been to...

Dr Wu:

Thanks for the review. Makes us even more excited for week after next! The slower service around the pool seems to be a common thread these days but glad you had a good trip overall. Flips at dinner? Even I don't wear the flips at dinner. That's what the Sperrys are for.

Jim.

Archived