Couple of Seadream questions (re: St Thomas porT)

If your flight is leaving St. Thomas at 6PM, I would suggest looking into a 1/2 day sail boat charter and discuss luggage logistics with the charter operator to see how they can assist, or see about getting a day room at the Marriott or other hotel.

We are on the SD2 cruise leaving from San Juan 12/4 and returning 9 nights later to St Thomas. Our flight is not until 6pm. What can we do with our time and luggage? Any suggestions?

Thanks

art

I think stan01 has an excellent suggestion with a 1/2 day sail charter. We have sailed with Capt. Bobby on Rumbaba. It was as an excellent day ... we sailed from Red Hook over to St. John with a nice lunch and adult beverages. It's no SD but it would be a nice way to end the cruise.

Since you will be in high season I don't know if you will be able to get a day room. With that being said ... you could still take your luggage with you and stow it at the front desk at Frenchman's Reef/Morning Star Marriott and have a delightful lunch al fresco at Coco Joe's right on the beach.

Another option would be to ask SD if you could leave your luggage with them and then head on over to St. John via ferry. There are lots of great beaches and bars on St. John.

I am a worry wart so I probably would go with the Marriott route ... just my $.02 after spending a lot of time on STT and STJ. It will take you twice as long as you think to get to the airport ... trust me mon!!

You could hire a car and driver to give you an island tour, etc., then drop you off at the airport.

We took a 4-5 hour tour with a retired policeman with is own taxi company named Americus. Very nice and very knowedgable about St. Thomas. He took us to some of the out of the way places and even bought us a nice picnic lunch of rotis (sort of like english pastis but with curry, etc.) and johnny cakes. He paid for them and would not accept repayment!

We found him through the Ritz-Carlton. You could call them and ask for his cell number.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are SOOOOO in countdown mode. Soon, we will join the ranks of the seasoned SD Family. The only trouble I forsee is once we've done the 9 night, how to we go shorter??

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We are SOOOOO in countdown mode. Soon, we will join the ranks of the seasoned SD Family. The only trouble I forsee is once we've done the 9 night, how to we go shorter??

I'll let you know. We are on a 5 night Nov. 28th. They usually have to drag me off on a 7 day so I know I am going to hide somewhere. Maybe the TOY Bar toilet.:eek:

J.

you just don't want to get off the yacht, no matter how long the cruise. My first crosssing was 12 or 13 nights - it was wonderful. We did a 9 nighter in the spring and are doing a 5 nighter in Dec (which I swore I would never do because its soooo short! So much for "never"). The only way to go shorter is to book another while you are on board. It really helps with the withdrawal symptoms, which are much worse than caffeine or chocolate withdrawal.

I've often thought the golf simulator would be a good place to stow away. Much less likely to get caught there - who ever goes into the golf simulator when on SD?

FT

you just don't want to get off the yacht, no matter how long the cruise. My first crosssing was 12 or 13 nights - it was wonderful. We did a 9 nighter in the spring and are doing a 5 nighter in Dec (which I swore I would never do because its soooo short! So much for "never"). The only way to go shorter is to book another while you are on board. It really helps with the withdrawal symptoms, which are much worse than caffeine or chocolate withdrawal.

I've often thought the golf simulator would be a good place to stow away. Much less likely to get caught there - who ever goes into the golf simulator when on SD?

FT

Actually DJ's DH uses the golf simulator ...

It goes something like this ...

Dinner then retire to the TOY Bar for an after dinner Scotch. Mother Nature calls, DJ's DH hits the head and on his return back to TOY he plays a hole at St. Andrew's. Just ask ctbjr and the jbcjtc'ers as they have experienced this phenomena:p

Actually DJ's DH uses the golf simulator ...

It goes something like this ...

Dinner then retire to the TOY Bar for an after dinner Scotch. Mother Nature calls, DJ's DH hits the head and on his return back to TOY he plays a hole at St. Andrew's. Just ask ctbjr and the jbcjtc'ers as they have experienced this phenomena:p

I'd call it more of a "ritual", than a phenomena:p...but how did you find out???:confused:

FT

Or, if you're like me & my DH, who ever goes into the Fitness Center when on SD?

I'd call it more of a "ritual"' date=' than a phenomena:p...but how did you find out???:confused:[/quote']

Don't ask ... don't tell:p

Or, if you're like me & my DH, who ever goes into the Fitness Center when on SD?

DJ's DH and I used the fitness center during our March 09 cruise when we couldn't do our laps o Deck 5 because of the Breakfasters at the TOY Bar.

Hello to All

A Fitness Center:rolleyes:

This is a revelation and a revolting occurance!!! How unfair of SD to suddenly add a Fitness Center to the Yachts!!! Must have happened since SS last cruise, where did they put it, Hopefully it did not replace the TOYBAR or the office, God forbid!!

First there is the great food, wonderful drinks and the pampering AH the pampering, and SD now wants the pax to get all sweaty and dirty. Don't they realize that we will all need more liquids if we all work out. Horrors!!!

Seasoned Sailors believe that a petition must be started to remove this offensive addition to the Yachts immediately:eek:

Also, SS can only hope for DJ's DH that he uses the right club in the golf simulator especially late at night, especially after Red Stripes:D:D

Be Well

Seasoned Sailors

Hello to All

Seasoned Sailors believe that a petition must be started to remove this offensive addition to the Yachts immediately:eek:

Nah. They don't need to remove it. Instead, they should turn it into the SeaDream Champagne Bar. Or, how 'bout the Cruise Critic SeaDream Addicts Club, where they serve Red Stripe, Champagne, Tanqueray & Schewppe's Diet Tonic, insert-your-favorite-beverage here.

They'll serve our favorite appetizers. Give us big gift baskets of Bvlgari's eau te blanc (so I don't have to sneak it in my luggage :eek:). You get the picture. :D Oh, I can't forget the tiaras for the ladies!!!

Hello to All

A Fitness Center

This is a revelation and a revolting occurance!!! How unfair of SD to suddenly add a Fitness Center to the Yachts!!! Must have happened since SS last cruise, where did they put it, Hopefully it did not replace the TOYBAR or the office, God forbid!!

First there is the great food, wonderful drinks and the pampering AH the pampering, and SD now wants the pax to get all sweaty and dirty. Don't they realize that we will all need more liquids if we all work out. Horrors!!!

Also, SS can only hope for DJ's DH that he uses the right club in the golf simulator especially late at night, especially after Red Stripes

Be Well

Seasoned Sailors

I must tell you Seasoned Sailors you got quite a rise out of DJ's DH with that comment! He assured me he knows what clubs to use! Glad those lessons with the local pro paid off ... and that would be our golf pro!

Nah. They don't need to remove it. Instead, they should turn it into the SeaDream Champagne Bar. Or, how 'bout the Cruise Critic SeaDream Addicts Club, where they serve Red Stripe, Champagne, Tanqueray & Schewppe's Diet Tonic, insert-your-favorite-beverage here.

They'll serve our favorite appetizers. Give us big gift baskets of Bvlgari's eau te blanc (so I don't have to sneak it in my luggage :eek:). You get the picture. :D Oh, I can't forget the tiaras for the ladies!!!

We'll have to have a secret signal of some sort ... but then again maybe not ... wouldn't want to be considered one of those dreaded group:D

Okay ... just to keep Host Dan happy ....

There is a wonderful golf course, Mahogany Run, on STT where you could spend a few hours after disembarking (am I a good spin doctor or what:p)

I must tell you Seasoned Sailors you got quite a rise out of DJ's DH with that comment! He assured me he knows what clubs to use! Glad those lessons with the local pro paid off ... and that would be our golf pro!...

Oh, I shouldn't use my putter on every hole? The simulator is good, but I've never had a hole in one!

SD has a fine selection of clubs to choose from - I try something different each time.:cool:

Oh' date=' I shouldn't use my putter on every hole? The simulator is good, but I've never had a hole in one!

SD has a fine selection of clubs to choose from - I try something different each time.:cool:[/quote']

No dear ... that is putt putt course you are thinking about. You know, the one with the windmills:rolleyes:

And I have to ask the question again...what happened to the Segways? DisneyJen has treated me to Segway rides both via SD' date=' and Disney (go figure) and I am now officially addicted...

If they aren't on-board...can I buy one?[/quote']

I think you are the only person who used the Segways on SD. You did not use them in STT.

Seasoned Sailors were not trying to insult DJ's DH golfing skill, rather (how does one delicately say this) a worry that after dinner, wine, the TOYBAR and then the Loo, perhaps the golf simulator could become very confusing as to putter selection:eek::) much less club selection. But knowing DJ's DH, SS have great faith in his inate abilities;)

The idea of converting the Fitness thing into a more fiting venue is very exciting and a great idea.

It does seem that on every crossing there are the walks for charity and that appeals to SS very much and hopefully our merry group will participate.

Happy wekend to all

SS

Ugh, I hate to ask this question.

First to preface- I did not buy travel insurance. And I know SeaDream's refund policy at less than 30 days is no refund. But, some outside forces may have to force us to not take our trip. Does Seadream offer the ability to defer the value for cruise credit, with some percentage penalty or something?

I'll know more in a couple days but just wondering what my option is.

Thanks

CDW

Having just had a friend with similar circumstances fully investigate this, I can tell you that you are very likely out of luck. SeaDream will tell you that you should have purchased insurance and since you didn't they can't help you. That doesn't mean it's not worth contacting them directly or via your travel agent and telling your story. It never hurts to ask. Good luck.

Archived