Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

We have been emptying our freezer in the garage in preparation for getting rid of it. Today I went out to see what is left & there is 1 pack of chicken & 6 packs of Tim Tams. I hid them out ther in a effort to forget them for a while. :eek:

I found Tim Tams at a nearby Target here in Northern Ca about two months ago. Since then I have looked each time we go to Target (often!) and have not seen them since. They were even on sale when I bought them for $2.50 a package if I remember. I should have emptied the shelf !! I wonder if this was just another trial or if they are so popular they just sell out quickly? I'll keep checking - love those things!!

I found Tim Tams at a nearby Target here in Northern Ca about two months ago. Since then I have looked each time we go to Target (often!) and have not seen them since. They were even on sale when I bought them for $2.50 a package if I remember. I should have emptied the shelf !! I wonder if this was just another trial or if they are so popular they just sell out quickly? I'll keep checking - love those things!!

I looked yesterday. My Target still has them. And my willpower won; didn't buy any.

• 1 month later...
I have found Arnott's at World Market but they are not the same :( I stocked up when I lived in Oz. I have also not been able to find the "double stuffed" Tim Tams here.

When we were over in America in Feb/March we only saw Original, Dark and caramel. We have about 12 different ones here!

When we were over in America in Feb/March we only saw Original' date=' Dark and caramel. We have about 12 different ones here![/quote']

I have a bag of marshmallow in the freezer. The caramel is my favorite.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm an Aussie living in Texas and 'TimTams' are available from Target and even though they say they are made in Australia, they don't taste the same as genuine Aussie Tim Tams.

I used to stock up when I was back home but now I buy all my Aussie goodes online at About Australia http://www.about-australia-shop.com/ or Simply Australian http://www.simplyoz.com/

Both are great stores and very reliable.

Jo

I'm an Aussie living in Texas and 'TimTams' are available from Target and even though they say they are made in Australia, they don't taste the same as genuine Aussie Tim Tams.

I used to stock up when I was back home but now I buy all my Aussie goodes online at About Australia http://www.about-australia-shop.com/ or Simply Australian http://www.simplyoz.com/

Both are great stores and very reliable.

Jo

When we went over in Feb we took our own so we didn't actually look for them in the stores, let alone taste any of the Pepperidge Farms product.

Interesting to know that you think they aren't quite the same.

We will be back in November and it looks like we will take them with us again. :D

I saw them in a grocery in Kiawah Island, SC. I'd look for a high end grocery that has alot of specialty foods. You may also just start calling groceries and ask them if they can order this. I've gotten specialty items that way. You may have to buy a case though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm not replying to this message but tim tams was the only way I could think of to find you on Cruise Critic (still learning how to use it) Hopefully you will remember us. Penny & Dave from Dunelm House B&B. We've booked our first cruise, Seabourn Pride August 10th from Kobe, Japan to Shanghai. Can't wait. What do you do about all the different currencies needed?

Penny & Dave (Pennyfarthing)

Hi,

I'm not replying to this message but tim tams was the only way I could think of to find you on Cruise Critic (still learning how to use it) Hopefully you will remember us. Penny & Dave from Dunelm House B&B. We've booked our first cruise, Seabourn Pride August 10th from Kobe, Japan to Shanghai. Can't wait. What do you do about all the different currencies needed?

Penny & Dave (Pennyfarthing)

Hi Penny,

Glad you found me! Have you sold the B & B yet? Wow, choosing the Seabourn Pride for your first cruise (not Dave LOL), you will certainly be spoilt. Glad you didn't go with P & O. We booked another cruise for November on Celebrity Constellation so we are getting all geared up for that one. That is in the Caribbean for 14 days. Then next May we will be in Asia/Alaska and Canada on Diamond Princess.

You will have to let me know what you think of Seabourn. We are thinking of Azamara in the future. They have some really good itineraries.

You will find heaps of information on this forum. You will get hooked but it is amazing what you will learn. Go onto the roll call section and join your rollcall, make friends before you go and you can organise private tours and save heaps of money. (the tours are better too)

Our tenants in Bundaberg have given notice so it is up for rent again. They move out on 30th June so we still have time to find someone. My email is eileenjs@bigpond.net.au

Wow, you must be looking forward to your cruises they sound fantastic.

These might seem like silly questions but not having been on a cruise ship before we are don't know whether the ship can change our money into the currency we are visiting or if we have to arrange money beforehand. Also, plugs, which do they use or do they differ on different cruise lines.

I have already been in touch with one guy who's going on our ship because I posted a roll call and he answered it.

sorry about your renter I hope you find someone soon.

Penny

Wow, you must be looking forward to your cruises they sound fantastic.

These might seem like silly questions but not having been on a cruise ship before we are don't know whether the ship can change our money into the currency we are visiting or if we have to arrange money beforehand. Also, plugs, which do they use or do they differ on different cruise lines.

I have already been in touch with one guy who's going on our ship because I posted a roll call and he answered it.

sorry about your renter I hope you find someone soon.

Penny

The ship will be able to change AUD into other currency but the exchange rate will be pretty lousy. I would just get a small amount of currency in Australia and then use a credit card on the major purchases. Have you heard about the Wizard Clear Advantage Mastercard? It has no fees or charges on overseas purchases and no yearly fees. We use this card for our overseas travel. Look into it and compare how much your bank charges for overseas purchases and you will see how good this card is. I believe it is the only card in australia with no fees and charges.

In regards to the plugs - yes you will need an adaptor. Usually a USA converter, you can buy them anywhere around $10. We have an extension cord with a two powerpoint board and use that. We find the two points enough to charge laptop, camera, video camera, shaver etc.

Any other questions let me know. I did post on your rollcall and will drop in now and again to say hello.

• 2 weeks later...

I am amazed that this thread is still going 12 months on (tomorrow). Just goes to show that food is an interest that everyone has! LOL

Glad that I have managed to convert so many Americans to our national biscuit :D Although Pia (and a few others) do blame me for their weight gains. (Couldn't be the cruising, could it!);)

I am amazed that this thread is still going 12 months on (tomorrow). Just goes to show that food is an interest that everyone has! LOL

Glad that I have managed to convert so many Americans to our national biscuit :D Although Pia (and a few others) do blame me for their weight gains. (Couldn't be the cruising' date=' could it!);)[/quote']

Nope. Not the cruising. Totally Tim Tams. ;) Fortunately I have managed to weight control my life. To an extent, that this. :)

I am amazed that this thread is still going 12 months on (tomorrow). ;)

Hey' date=' congrats on the One Year Tim Tam anniversary. Just back today from the US (awake and jetlagged, so checking CC). It was a heatwave in the US where we were, with temperatures in VA in the high thirties (US= nineties). Can't believe how cold it is here in Oz, on the "Sunshine Coast". [/color']

Just need a nice cup of hot tea and a Tim Tam...

Hey, congrats on the One Year Tim Tam anniversary. Just back today from the US (awake and jetlagged, so checking CC). It was a heatwave in the US where we were, with temperatures in VA in the high thirties (US= nineties). Can't believe how cold it is here in Oz, on the "Sunshine Coast".

Just need a nice cup of hot tea and a Tim Tam...

Welcome back! It sure has been cold here today, but then again it is the middle of winter! If it gets any colder I will have to consider putting the heater on, haven't had to yet this year. :D