Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Funny, I've seen this thread for quite some time now, didn't know what a Tim Tam was, and guess I never clicked on the thread to find out....BUT today as I walked into my local Pathmark Supermarket (near Bethlehem, PA) - right by the carts, was a display of Tim Tams for $3.49. Bought some, brought them home, and just had one - OMG!!!! Delicious!!!! So yes, they DO sell them here in the USA, just not sure if they sell them in the part of the country you were asking about. Oh and thanks for the tip, now I'm headed back to Pathmark in the morning, gonna stock up on Tim Tams!!:p

Go to Target instead. Pathmark is too expensive. Bought them at Super Target last week $2.50.

Well If I gain extra pounds I'm blaming all of you!:p After reading some of this thread, low and behold we found Arnott's Tim Tams in our local Pharmasave. Tried the Chocolate Cream and the dark chocolate. YUM!!!

I'm hoping they only have them in for Christmas, that way I won't be able to feed this addiction for too long. Although withdrawal could be a big problem:eek:

Edited by KENANDPAT

Pia' date=' when you come to Australia next year you will have to try all our other varieties that you can't get over there. Any supermarket will do, anywhere. :D[/quote']

And you know I will be doing just that. However, we will only have the one day turnaround in Sydney and I wanted to head for Paddy's Market. You think I can find them there?

And you know I will be doing just that. However, we will only have the one day turnaround in Sydney and I wanted to head for Paddy's Market. You think I can find them there?

I am at a loss to answer that one Pia. I grew up in Sydney and my first job was in Central right near Paddy's Market. Consequently I used to go there every Friday at lunch time. It was old and dirty and had so much character and everything was soooo cheap. I look back now and realise that there was a hell of a lot of junk for sale too. But when you are young........ :)

They have moved Paddy's Markets in recent years and as I left Sydney 22 years ago I have never been to the new one. As a result I don't know what is close by or what they actually do sell in Paddy's anymore. Maybe someone else from Sydney could answer this????

I thought the Aussies call them biscuits. Or is that only the Brit terminology?

No, we definitely call them biscuits. Although a bit of your Americanisms are starting to creep into our language too. I don't think we will ever call them cookies though.

No' date=' we definitely call them biscuits. Although a bit of your Americanisms are starting to creep into our language too. I don't think we will ever call them cookies though.[/quote']

I don't know, for those who were brought up on Sesame Street, the "Biscuit Monster" doesn't have the same ring as the "Cookie Monster".:D

No' date=' we definitely call them biscuits. Although a bit of your Americanisms are starting to creep into our language too. I don't think we will ever call them cookies though.[/quote']

Then what do you call those large round things Princess puts out on the buffet at lunch and dinner........... chocolate chip biscuits? Cinnamon raisin biscuits? Sounds weird.

I don't know, for those who were brought up on Sesame Street, the "Biscuit Monster" doesn't have the same ring as the "Cookie Monster".:D

He's the Vegetable Monster now. It's so sad.

And to stay on-topic, I bought some Tim-Tams at my local supermarket last week. They were yummy!

I am at a loss to answer that one Pia. I grew up in Sydney and my first job was in Central right near Paddy's Market. Consequently I used to go there every Friday at lunch time. It was old and dirty and had so much character and everything was soooo cheap. I look back now and realise that there was a hell of a lot of junk for sale too. But when you are young........ :)

They have moved Paddy's Markets in recent years and as I left Sydney 22 years ago I have never been to the new one. As a result I don't know what is close by or what they actually do sell in Paddy's anymore. Maybe someone else from Sydney could answer this????

I have a friend who lives in Sydney I can ask her :) Just bought another package of the caramel ones yesterday...YUM

Why, why? why did you tell me they were in Target at $2.50?

OMG! they ARE good! Am staying away from Target for a while. I guess the four boxes I bought should last me at least a couple days>> LOL

I told you they were on sale. I didn't tell you to go crazy. :D