Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

I don't know. They are Pepperidge Farm in a white package that I bought at Target one night this week. Actually my package now has 3 but it's nothing to do with the brand!

Doesn't make sense, since I bought mine at Target too. There are only 8 in there; divided into 8 slots. No space for 11. Strange.

Nancy, the Pepperidge Farm Tim Tams and Arnott's taste the same. Go shopping. ;)

Okay--Okay--I went shopping again tonight for stuff for thanksgiving--looking for Dry Sherry--interesting for a spicy corn casserole--anyway walking down the aisles--Tim Tams--2 flavors--caramel and chocolate Pepperidge Farms--just ate one Caramel cookie/bar --Not having visited Austrailia--haven't tasted their cuisine--anyway--if that's something they love--they aren't bad--just kind of nothing--chocolate covered graham crackers--haven't opened the plain chocolate one yet--the other one had a better picture--the caramel doesn't look quite so dry--I know I must be missing something--got to be better than this--I did go shopping

Nancy:D

Edited by Seal

With only 8 in the package, sounds like you'll be finishing it tonight.

Well--it seems like the number of cookies/bars varies a lot--I neither have 8 nor 11--how about 9--maybe these caramel ones are smaller than the 8 in the box ones..

I ate 2 of them--so what ????????

Nancy:D:D

Ours are Arnott's in Australia. We have lots of different varieties. My favourite ones are milk chocolate double coated (Yes, that's right! Double the thickness of the chocolate - to die for!) and the plain milk chocolate, I am not a lover of the caramel or the dark chocolate.

Ok, the varieties we get in Australia are:

Original

Classic Dark

Double Coat

Chewy Caramel

Crush Honeycomb

Crush Mint crisp

Crush cookies and cream

Sweet surrender Choc Hazelnut flavoured Mousse

Sweet surrender Black Forest Delight

Sweet surrender creme caramel

We occasionally get a pink one too in aid of the Breast cancer foundation.

Yummy huh?

Ours are Arnott's in Australia. We have lots of different varieties. My favourite ones are milk chocolate double coated (Yes' date=' that's right! Double the thickness of the chocolate - to die for!) and the plain milk chocolate, I am not a lover of the caramel or the dark chocolate.

Yummy huh?[/quote']

Picked up some of the chocolate ones in our local grocery store -- I was curious after reading so much on the boards about them.

They are delicious! A wonderful cookie that I'm sure I'll buy again!

Janette

Well--it seems like the number of cookies/bars varies a lot--I neither have 8 nor 11--how about 9--maybe these caramel ones are smaller than the 8 in the box ones..

I ate 2 of them--so what ????????

Nancy:D:D

Yes, mine had nine too. Must have forgotten the one I ate quickly. Nancy, put them in the freezer and then just gnaw at it. Tastes different/better.

"Pommie" or "Pom" is a slang term used to refer to British people by our Australian friends. Not sure of its origin, though? :confused:

Think it comes from the days we used to ship our criminals off to Oz it comes from POHM prisoner of His/Her majesty.

Do the Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams taste different than the Arnott brand you get in Australia? Just wondering, because although the Pepperidge Farm ones that I bought are very good--and all gone--my husband had quite a few-- they're not as supremely fantastic as I thought they'd be from all the descriptions.

On the other hand, maybe they are that good, because he never, ever eats cookies, ordinarily. I hadn't even said anything about them, they just disappeared.

Do the Pepperidge Farms Tim Tams taste different than the Arnott brand you get in Australia? Just wondering, because although the Pepperidge Farm ones that I bought are very good--and all gone--my husband had quite a few-- they're not as supremely fantastic as I thought they'd be from all the descriptions.

On the other hand, maybe they are that good, because he never, ever eats cookies, ordinarily. I hadn't even said anything about them, they just disappeared.

I assume they are the same. I wasn't overly impressed - though I have sensitive teeth and can't each frozen cookies and I don't drink coffee so drinking them with coffee are out.

This is from the wikipedia -

USA

Made in Australia but branded as Pepperidge Farms:

Chocolate Crème (i.e. Original)

Caramel

Dark Chocolate (sold only at Target)

[edit]

I assume they are the same. I wasn't overly impressed - though I have sensitive teeth and can't each frozen cookies and I don't drink coffee so drinking them with coffee are out.

This is from the wikipedia -

USA

Made in Australia but branded as Pepperidge Farms:

Chocolate Crème (i.e. Original)

Caramel

Dark Chocolate (sold only at Target)

[edit]

You're not supposed to eat them frozen; just gnaw at them. They sort of melt in your mouth and last longer.

Update on contents: Caramel had 9 in box; chocolate has 11. Don't know about the dark chocolate since my Target is not stocking them.

You have that many varieties in Australia :eek: Maybe I should come for a cookie tour.

I had the ones from World Market - not labeled Pepperidge Farm. The packages probably had about 11 in each - not 8. I was able to get the mint and the milk chocolate.

They were special to me. I think I will try and get a Pepperidge Farm box and see if they are the same.

Can you believe we have almost 500 posts over a packaged cookie?:eek: I am a cookie snob & until these came along the only cookies we had in the house were homemade.:DMy husband is in shock after 31 yrs we suddenly have packaged cookies. Guess we've joined the rest of the world. This really is fun or I'm easily amused.

Edited by snookymom

Think it comes from the days we used to ship our criminals off to Oz it comes from POHM prisoner of His/Her majesty.

That's really interesting! Did not know that. Thought I was pretty "educated " in Oz lore (thanks to some great friends). My favorite is still the background of "Waltzing Mathilda". Thanks for sharing!

That's really interesting! Did not know that. Thought I was pretty "educated " in Oz lore (thanks to some great friends). My favorite is still the background of "Waltzing Mathilda". Thanks for sharing!

Sorry Imsulin - no "h" in Waltzing Matilda". It is funny though to think that we nearly had a song about stealing sheep as our national anthem. :eek: Luckily sanity prevailed.

Sorry Imsulin - no "h" in Waltzing Matilda". It is funny though to think that we nearly had a song about stealing sheep as our national anthem. :eek: Luckily sanity prevailed.

You're right! (The "H" was added because of Waltzing My Hilda") Now...."Advance, Australia Fair"....no H! No swagmen, billabongs, koolibah trees, or boiling billies. Citing from long-ago memory, so please excuse the spelling! Learned this song in about 1956???

You're right! (The "H" was added because of Waltzing My Hilda") Now...."Advance, Australia Fair"....no H! No swagmen, billabongs, koolibah trees, or boiling billies. Citing from long-ago memory, so please excuse the spelling! Learned this song in about 1956???

Nearly got it all correct - Koolibah is with a C - Coolibah.

Here are the words - Banjo Patterson was the original author of the poem.

http://www.ausinternet.com/ettamogah/waltzing.htm

Well, I brought Tim Tams to Thanksgiving -- chocolate creme and dark chocolate. Everyone loved them -- the packages were emptied in record time. I am now the most popular person in the family! We were 13 at dinner and so I have created 12 more Tim Tam addicts. Of course, some were a little confused about how I knew about an Australian cookie . . . I just smiled mysteriously.

Well, I brought Tim Tams to Thanksgiving -- chocolate creme and dark chocolate. Everyone loved them -- the packages were emptied in record time. I am now the most popular person in the family! We were 13 at dinner and so I have created 12 more Tim Tam addicts. Of course, some were a little confused about how I knew about an Australian cookie . . . I just smiled mysteriously.

Went to my DIL for Thanksgiving. Her brother was there. He used to live/work in Sydney. I asked him if he ever ate Tim Tams. He looked at me incredulously and asked; "how do you know about those?" Of course everyone else wanted to know about them and there will soon be many others going to Target to buy some. :D

Nearly got it all correct - Koolibah is with a C - Coolibah.

Here are the words - Banjo Patterson was the original author of the poem.

http://www.ausinternet.com/ettamogah/waltzing.htm

Thanks! I think the Marie Cowan version was the one I learned in 1956. (Except we sang, "Whose that JOLLY jumbuck..". Anyway, we (our music class) had to sing this song at a school concert (replete with family, friends, and school staff), and I do remember that we had to yell out "ONE, TWO, THREE". Our music teacher explained the meaning behind the song to us. Audience didn't have a clue, but thought the tune was fun! We also sang "Kookabura sits in an old gum tree". Haven't googled any of this, so it's all from (my distant) memory. BTW - these songs were not in our standard 5th grade music book. Our teacher brought in printed copies.

Really hope you enjoy your trip to our US! Now, if you need lyrics to "99 bottles of Beer on the Wall", or the meaning of "You might be a Redneck if..", many of us can surely help you!

Billy and Charlie's Mum - you've been such great fun, and I appreciate all of your posts!

Edited by imsulin

Funny, I've seen this thread for quite some time now, didn't know what a Tim Tam was, and guess I never clicked on the thread to find out....BUT today as I walked into my local Pathmark Supermarket (near Bethlehem, PA) - right by the carts, was a display of Tim Tams for $3.49. Bought some, brought them home, and just had one - OMG!!!! Delicious!!!! So yes, they DO sell them here in the USA, just not sure if they sell them in the part of the country you were asking about. Oh and thanks for the tip, now I'm headed back to Pathmark in the morning, gonna stock up on Tim Tams!!:p