Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Why, why? why did you tell me they were in Target at $2.50?

OMG! they ARE good! Am staying away from Target for a while. I guess the four boxes I bought should last me at least a couple days>> LOL

\

Those boxes will be gone by tomorrow....don't have to tell you how *I* know this....let's just say they didn't last in my house...

oh and those Tim Tams bought yesterday??? GONE

Eileen, during your visit, you must sample our nation's (probably national) most delicious cookie - the OREO! Do you have them there?

I don't think Oreos are in the same league as Tim Tams...don't get me wrong about once a year I buy a package of Oreos but Tims are better. That said,I am sure Oreos are Canada's no.1 selling cookie as well

OK After seeing this thread and being curious, I just bought Tim Tams at Giant Eagle grocery store. I took the chocolate, they had caramel, too. They're pretty good. Which flavor do you like the best? I've never been to Australia, but now I've had the cookie. I'm not much of a lover of sweets, but I like to try something new.

YUK! You have got to be kidding. :eek: A white lump of sugar is delicious?

You forgot to mention the dark chocolate. Very important componant. OREOS - "best-selling" cookie in the US and Canada. (From what I hear). Two countries that many people have heard of.....so they must be good.

(I actually prefer the Girl Scout Tagalongs, but in their absence, an OREO, or two or five, will do the trick!)

Just back from local Target. No Tim Tams. An array of puzzled looks on employees' faces when I asked for them.

You forgot to mention the dark chocolate. Very important componant. OREOS - "best-selling" cookie in the US and Canada. (From what I hear). Two countries that many people have heard of.....so they must be good.

(I actually prefer the Girl Scout Tagalongs, but in their absence, an OREO, or two or five, will do the trick!)

Just back from local Target. No Tim Tams. An array of puzzled looks on employees' faces when I asked for them.

Where's your Target? Is it a Super Target? The smaller stores won't have them. They are on the shelf with Pepperidge Farm products. Near the Milanos and those other packages. Target employees never have a clue about anything.

Edited by Pia1913

Eileen, during your visit, you must sample our nation's (probably national) most delicious cookie - the OREO! Do you have them there?

Yes, they sell Oreo's in all the supermarkets here. They are not that popular. I have tried them but I'm afraid, to me, that they are quite ordinary. McDonalds uses them crushed up in the icecream (if you are into that type of thing) - at least they did last time I was in a McDonald's store which was about 3 years ago.

Yes' date=' they sell Oreo's in all the supermarkets here. They are not that popular. I have tried them but I'm afraid, to me, that they are quite ordinary. McDonalds uses them crushed up in the icecream (if you are into that type of thing) - at least they did last time I was in a McDonald's store which was about 3 years ago.[/quote']

Picture me showing a pouty face! Every ice cream store here also uses crushed Oreos as a topping. Oh, well. I twist my Oreo in half, scrape off the creme filling with my lower teeth, and plunge the dark chocolate halves into ice-cold milk. It's what we do! Not sure what else I could tempt you with, except the totally obnoxious "Snuggi"!!

Picture me showing a pouty face! Every ice cream store here also uses crushed Oreos as a topping. Oh, well. I twist my Oreo in half, scrape off the creme filling with my lower teeth, and plunge the dark chocolate halves into ice-cold milk. It's what we do! Not sure what else I could tempt you with, except the totally obnoxious "Snuggi"!!

That is how I eat Oreos too....anyway else seems wrong :D

darn it, now I am craving Oreos and milk:p

Where's your Target? Is it a Super Target? The smaller stores won't have them. They are on the shelf with Pepperidge Farm products. Near the Milanos and those other packages. Target employees never have a clue about anything.

We have a regular Target and a Super Target. I was surprised I was in the regular Target today and they did have them. They have a snack isle and they were in that isle (even the dark chocolate ones Pia). They were still 2 for $5.

And you know I will be doing just that. However, we will only have the one day turnaround in Sydney and I wanted to head for Paddy's Market. You think I can find them there?

I asked my friend living in Sdyney about them and here are some directions she posted I will ask her about Paddy's Market

Ok I have found a Woolworths at Town Hall. She can catch a train at Circular Quay to Townhall railway station and then the Woolworths is directly opposite the station. It's like a 5 mins train trip. They also have Taxis at CQ.

This is a two level supermarket and it would have all kinds of Tim Tams and other foods.

I have also found that Tim Tams are being marketed in USA in Target under the name Pepperidge Farm. They are Tim Tams though

LOL You are from Eastcoast Canada?? No one says eh here on the westocast LOL:p

Yes we do,, we just don't realize it till a "foreinger" points it out to us,, and then we deny it and blush,, ( because,, deep down,, we can't beleive it ever slips out)

Hi All

As an 'aussie' I have read this thread with interest at how you have all taken to Tim Tams.

I love chocolate and I love biscuits, but I don't like Tim Tams.

Not sure if I am in the minority down here, but it is good to see an Aussie biscuit doing well in the USA.:D

Hi All

As an 'aussie' I have read this thread with interest at how you have all taken to Tim Tams.

Not sure if I am in the minority down here, but it is good to see an Aussie biscuit doing well in the USA.:D

Definitely in the minority Babsjo. :) Everyone has their own taste. I am probably in the minority too as I don't like McDonalds or KFC :D

Yes' date=' they sell Oreo's in all the supermarkets here. They are not that popular. I have tried them but I'm afraid, to me, that they are quite ordinary. [/quote']

Ahh, but then there are the White Fudge Oreos - which we don't have in Oz. Mmm..Don't know if they still have them in the US, they used to appear only around the holiday season. A regular Oreo dipped in a white fudge coating, and so sweet they made your teeth ache.

Regular Oreos in Oz taste different to the ones in the US, I think.

But I still reckon that the Mint Slice biscuits are better than Tim Tams - when they get those in the US then they will be really happy...:)

Ahh, but then there are the White Fudge Oreos - which we don't have in Oz. Mmm..Don't know if they still have them in the US, they used to appear only around the holiday season. A regular Oreo dipped in a white fudge coating, and so sweet they made your teeth ache.

Regular Oreos in Oz taste different to the ones in the US, I think.

But I still reckon that the Mint Slice biscuits are better than Tim Tams - when they get those in the US then they will be really happy...:)

Yeah, the mint slice bickies are very very nice too. :D

Hi All

I tried to like it too but it wasn't my thing. Not an oreo person either. Give me a nutter butter any day.

I had opened my tim tam's up last week and threw them away this weekend when cleaning.

I asked my friend living in Sdyney about them and here are some directions she posted I will ask her about Paddy's Market

Ok I have found a Woolworths at Town Hall. She can catch a train at Circular Quay to Townhall railway station and then the Woolworths is directly opposite the station. It's like a 5 mins train trip. They also have Taxis at CQ.

This is a two level supermarket and it would have all kinds of Tim Tams and other foods.

I have also found that Tim Tams are being marketed in USA in Target under the name Pepperidge Farm. They are Tim Tams though

I am NOT going to take a train to buy Tim Tams. LOL :eek:

Looks like it will be the end of this thread. What a shame. We had some fun with it though. A bit of lighthearted fun. I don't know why they had to move it :(

Because there is really nothing about cookies (alias biscuits) that equates with cruising. Now if Tim Tams were served on a Princess ship................ :D