Dress Blues in M.D.R.

Both my brothers are Marines. Viet Nam and Desert Storm.

Proud of them, proud of you, thanks for everything!

Semper Fi (from a VERY proud sister and citizen)!

Would be proud to see Dress Blues in the MDR.

As others have said.......wear your dress blues. We've also seen many military personnel in their uniforms and they are the most handsome on the ship!!!!!

Thank you so much for your service and what you do for this country. God Bless You!

An aside: A group of us get together at least monthly for coffee. A few months ago, while we were in Starbucks, a couple entered, he in his dress blues. We all stood and applauded. I would love to see miltary dress on formal night. Thank you.

Absolutely wear them. As an aside, on a recent cruise, we had an Army full colonel in his dress blues with miniatures, and it seemed as many people were photographed with him as with the captain.

The only bad thing about my Mess Dress uniforms, they look enough like RCL's uniforms that I get questions about the ship, how to find places, what island that is off the port side. Other than that, everyone is always very nice, I do a lot of hand shaking, and a lot of vets love to reminisce. I've seen more than a couple tears shed by a vet while recounting a story, and had the opportunity to return some proud salutes.

Absolutely wear them. As an aside, on a recent cruise, we had an Army full colonel in his dress blues with miniatures, and it seemed as many people were photographed with him as with the captain.
As a non military person coming from a non military family I say wear them.

About 15 years ago I was living in Davis Ca, about 10 miles west of Sacramento. They had the 1/2 size traveling Viet Nam wall there. I was looking at the names on the wall and thinking that I did not know anyone who was killed there. I then looked on the wall for anyone who had the same last name as I do. There was none, but I stumbled across a name that sounded very familiar. the name was of a girl I dated in HS older brother. It was then that I finalized realized what the sacrifice some gave to our country.

So if you ever see me on a cruise ship with your dress uniform on, I might not say much but I will smile and with a nod of the head then say thanks.

because of people like you!

We have seen many men and women in uniform on formal nights...so often have seen them unable to buy a drink the remainder of the evening!!!

Cannot express our gratitude, in words, for how grateful we are that you are willing to stand the wall for the rest of us!

My DH (Navy) on our last two cruises has brought his dress uniforms to wear on the formal night. He is a Chief (E-7), so he gets to wear the choker whites and I love it... He is always approached by retired service men and get to hear wonderful stories. If you do decide to bring them, make sure you get formal pictures done. Some of my favorite pictures of us on our cruise are the formal ones with him in his uniform... Long story short, go for it... You've earned it...

Being an ex Navy Corpsman serving with a Marine Infantry Unit, I say wear it proudly. And if I run into you, I'll buy you a drink and shake your hand in thanks. I am proud to say I served alongside Marines.

OrdieJ I also wish to add my thanks to you and all members of the military. Have you ever experienced the (fairly new) silent thank you from passers by?

No, I have never seen that before. This is the first time I have even heard about this.

And again, thank you all for your support.

OrdieJ and all other servicemen/women that have posted here -

Just a quick question - my friend in the Army says that he isn't allowed to drink alcohol when in uniform (Dress Blues or otherwise) - is this true for all branches of the military or is this just his own personal preference? Just wondering. I'd hate to buy someone a drink and find out they can't drink it because they are in uniform or have them get in trouble. I'd rather wait and buy them one by the pool!:)

A tuxedo is a formal dress that can be worn by anyone who wants to pay for it.

A Dress (Blues) Uniform is an HONOR, because you have earned the right to wear it.

I have seen these worn on several cruises and I find it an HONOR to be in the mere presence of these individuals.

Wear It Proudly!!!!!!

I TOTALLY AGREE!! Go ahead and wear it PROUDLY, you have earned the HONOR to do so!!

OrdieJ and all other servicemen/women that have posted here -

Just a quick question - my friend in the Army says that he isn't allowed to drink alcohol when in uniform (Dress Blues or otherwise) - is this true for all branches of the military or is this just his own personal preference? Just wondering. I'd hate to buy someone a drink and find out they can't drink it because they are in uniform or have them get in trouble. I'd rather wait and buy them one by the pool!:)

That is not true at all. I was just at a formal party with the Army and they were drinking in their dress uniform.

Archived