Has anyone experienced the CC elite lounge?

Infi

We are one credit short of being elite members. On our next cruise we will become elite. We are however in a CS suite. Are we allowed into Michael's club?

Claudette, you will earn your Elite membership after your next cruise. You will enjoy the perks during your second next cruise with Celebrity. I hope that it will be soon! On your next cruise you may use Michael's Club during the non-Elite hours, but whatever you drink there will come with a price tag.

Donald.

Just wondering what's acceptable for those of us who have late seating? :rolleyes: 4-6 is too early for us to be dressed for dinner. We're usually first returning from the pool area at this time and its certainly "pre shower" time. :eek:

Just wondering what's acceptable for those of us who have late seating? :rolleyes: 4-6 is too early for us to be dressed for dinner. We're usually first returning from the pool area at this time and its certainly "pre shower" time. :eek:

I would suppose that smart casual would be appropriate for the lounge even on formal nights in the dining room or in Blu. We always do late seating; hence, on a smart casual night for Blu we would simply remain dressed for dinner. Of course, on a formal night we would change from smart casual to black tie for dinner.

Smart casual...pre shower...won't do that. I would put a pair of capris and tee over bathing suit. DH could put shorts and tee on. (Pretty much same we would wear on an excursion.) I guess we'll hear from others to see what was acceptable. It would be really nice to relax, meet others and have a drink, on the house, at that time. I sure hope they understand the late diners situation. :cool:

Just to clarify (on the recent Mercury at least) -- although we were in a suite this particular trip, the benefit was extended to us as an Elite Captains Club members perk and not as a suite perk.

Another couple at our dining table were in a suite without Elite status and did not get invitations; nor did the 3rd couple with Select CC status.

Dave

Smart casual...pre shower...won't do that. I would put a pair of capris and tee over bathing suit. DH could put shorts and tee on. (Pretty much same we would wear on an excursion.) I guess we'll hear from others to see what was acceptable. It would be really nice to relax, meet others and have a drink, on the house, at that time. I sure hope they understand the late diners situation. :cool:

They will have to do something that makes sense. Many late diners will not be willing to shower and dress by 4pm.

The attire request for Cocktail Hour 4:00pm - 6:00pm is: "Smart Casual (no shorts or bathing attire)"

I also had second sitting. To enjoy my complimentary drinks and appetizers in Michael's Club in the late afternoons I simply threw on what I had worn previously on Smart Casual nights. Afterwards I relaxed in my cabin until it was time to shower and get dressed for my 7:30pm pre-dinner martini hour in the Martini Bar.

The only thing which discomfited me was that those on first sitting sometimes were dressed to the nines in Michael's Club on Formal nights while I was in Smart Casual (however, both were within the attire requirements).

I wore shorts in the morning for the complimentary continental breakfast and drinks in Michael's Club - no problem.

Donald.

Donald - Thanks for that clarification. Does anyone know of an e-mail address I could write about my approval at the new Elite lounge and my disapproval of the late seating dress problem. ;) :mad: Why can't the lounge be open from 5 - 8? That way all of us could dress appropriately, relax and enjoy eachothers company. Again, if anyone has a name/address, please let me know. Thanks.

Donald - Thanks for that clarification. Does anyone know of an e-mail address I could write about my approval at the new Elite lounge and my disapproval of the late seating dress problem. ;) :mad: Why can't the lounge be open from 5 - 8? That way all of us could dress appropriately, relax and enjoy eachothers company. Again, if anyone has a name/address, please let me know. Thanks.

Of course your idea is wonderful, BUT, they probably prefer 4-6 because those are "off" hours, and they can get more paying customers between 6-8.

I have heard through the rumor mill that bar staff are already suffering from reduced tips because people are imbibing for free in Michael's. Extending Michaels' Club hours will have a negative impact on ship revenue and employee incomes.

Michael's Club is also a paying venue on may ships. The piano entertainers on some ships start playing for the second seating crowd somewhere between 7:15 and 7:45. The room has to be cleaned and prepared for paying customers.

At this point I'm extremely pleased that Celebrity is offering a substantial benefit every evening for people who can find the time to sit down and enjoy a drink with fellow elites. I think it is not a hardship for people to change their habits if they want something for free simply by following a few guidelines.

It seems that some people don't like to accept gifts just because the wrapping paper is not to their taste.

Xellent - You are obviously an early diner. :D I accept and give gifts with thanks...wrapped or unwrapped. We choose late seating because we are very active during the day and we like to relax and wind down BEFORE dressing for dinner. Our evenings often end past midnight and we have no reason to cut our afternoons short for a free drink. Celebrity is giving us a gift for loyalty, but this particular gift is not appropriate for many of us. Thoughtful folks think before giving gifts and make sure to choose appropriate ones. You would never want to hurt someones feelings by leaving them out. I'm wondering if you'd feel the same if the lounge was available from 6 - 8 and you'd miss it for your dinner seating. :cool:

Sandy, I understand your concerns, but I also understand why Celebrity would make the time 4-6 PM rather than later.

For us, we'll show up if it is convenient, and we won't, if it is not. It is a "free" perk that they are "offering", so it is a decision you must make to be there or not.

I'm certainly not going to be there for the whole two hours each evening. Being with our friends is much more important to us and they are not "elite" yet.

My guess is the same as "Xellent", that the bartenders need to be at the Public Bars starting at 6:00 PM for the good of business. i do believe that Celebrity is betting on the fact that many people won't show up, since it is being made available very early in the evening when most people are showering or getting back from excursions.

Hi, Sandy, I eat late too:)and when they first released the times

I was feeling a bit left out as well. But I decided to re-think things,

and decided if I am in the area and want to stop in for a drink

I will, otherwise its just not that important to me.

I am still going to the Martini Bar before dinner to have my

usual drink:)

I am going to Alaska in Sept and most days I will be in long

pants and top (thankfully;)) If I am in the vicinity of

Michael's club in the 4-5 hour range I will probably stop in

to see what is going on......I will reacess things after that...to

see how important it is or isn't:)

Just my thoughts....hope you receive whatever answer you

are seeking:)

Thanks Lois and Celia. Believe me, its not the free drink, its just the idea that it is an inconvenient time for late diners who choose to eat late so they can have a more relaxing day:). ( The price of 2 drinks, even daily, would not make a bit of difference and I hope nobody thinks that that's the reason I'm complaining. ) On a Caribbean cruise we're in bathing suits at that time. We're generally returning to the room to relax on the balcony with a book. IF we were able to put something casual on...not "smart" casual that we would wear to dinner, it would be fine.

Thanks Lois and Celia. Believe me, its not the free drink, its just the idea that it is an inconvenient time for late diners who choose to eat late so they can have a more relaxing day:). ( The price of 2 drinks, even daily, would not make a bit of difference and I hope nobody thinks that that's the reason I'm complaining. ) On a Caribbean cruise we're in bathing suits at that time. We're generally returning to the room to relax on the balcony with a book. IF we were able to put something casual on...not "smart" casual that we would wear to dinner, it would be fine.

Sandy, I do understand a Caribbean Sailing is going to be different

than what I am getting ready to go on.. the dress code, etc.

I am going to be in long pants and sweaters or long sleeve tops

during the day.

I think if you were to put on a pair of capri's and cute top you would

be allowed in......I think they are just trying to keep the shorts/

bathing suits out and from what I have read, they are doing that...

Again, why not see how your cruise goes...maybe it will be better

than you think:)

I uderstand the bathing suits but not the shorts. on RCI you could wear shorts in. many did. I wore a sundress and then went back to dress for dinner.

Robin, maybe Celebrity is doing this differently than Royal

Caribbean.

Wow! I am really getting excited about these new perks!Who will be joining Scott and I for a specialty coffee in the morning on our Sept.11 Alaska cruise?

Hi Kathy,:) wish I could but I will be on a different cruise to Alaska

that week:D;)

Hi all,

We're back from the Summit 9th. July Med cruise and also on our cruise the Michaels perk was introduced. We were actually the first to show up after the second day. No one tried it before and Tanushka, the captains club hostess, was so happy to finally see some people appear.

All the others probably were too afraid to try the new perk.

We got a special light blue card which allowed us the entrance to Michaels in the morning between 7 and 9 am and in the afternoon between 4 and 6 pm.

We also had late seating but really enjoyed being there for an hour or so after an excursion or in the morning before leaving the ship.

On a sea day it was just a happy moment to get out of the sun, wear a short and T-shirt, enjoy the drinks, canapés and company and around 6.30 pm back outside on deck (or veranda) to enjoy the sunset. Time enough for getting ready for the 8.45 pm late seating.

Even when we showed up just a few minutes before closing time they always served us wonderfully and asked us for an immediate second order so we were able to sit there sometimes till 7 pm.

We often showed up in the clothes we wore during our excursion (short and T-shirt) and it was never any problem. They were too happy that we were there.

In the afternoon there was also always a sommelier who showed us the menu for the evening and had us tasted some of the wines they presented with their menu. Excellent thing !

Most of all we however enjoyed talking to Tanushka and some of the other Elite clients who showed up after a few days. We did not see any officers showing up. Tanushka's presence was more than enough :)

We also had the best capuccinos in the morning, the best croissants and chocolate croissants (much better than the buffet) and the orange juice is freshly squeezed.

We had our daughter (16 years) with us who is not an Elite member but Tanushka immediately made her an entrance card (with a hole for the non-alcoholic rules).

We also tipped the waiters in Michaels club.

Wonderful thing. Bravo Celebrity and bravo Tanushka !

We'll be back.

Jon

I have heard through the rumor mill that bar staff are already suffering from reduced tips because people are imbibing for free in Michael's. Extending Michaels' Club hours will have a negative impact on ship revenue and employee incomes.

Michael's Club is also a paying venue on may ships. The piano entertainers on some ships start playing for the second seating crowd somewhere between 7:15 and 7:45. The room has to be cleaned and prepared for paying customers.

At this point I'm extremely pleased that Celebrity is offering a substantial benefit every evening for people who can find the time to sit down and enjoy a drink with fellow elites. I think it is not a hardship for people to change their habits if they want something for free simply by following a few guidelines.

It seems that some people don't like to accept gifts just because the wrapping paper is not to their taste.

We left a tip each day in Michaels. :) Would most of the elite in Michaels be drinking somewhere else? Probably. 25 people@ 2 drinks each = about $75 in tips.

Hi, Sandy, I eat late too:)and when they first released the times

I was feeling a bit left out as well. But I decided to re-think things,

and decided if I am in the area and want to stop in for a drink

I will, otherwise its just not that important to me.

I am still going to the Martini Bar before dinner to have my

usual drink:)

I am going to Alaska in Sept and most days I will be in long

pants and top (thankfully;)) If I am in the vicinity of

Michael's club in the 4-5 hour range I will probably stop in

to see what is going on......I will reacess things after that...to

see how important it is or isn't

Just my thoughts....hope you receive whatever answer you

are seeking:)

LoisR,

We did exactly that on the Century. While we appreciate the free drinks, and the fellow passengers in Michaels we do not like LOUD bars/restaurants. The acoustics in Michaels sucks. It is a beautiful room(wood panels), but sound bounces of the walls. 25 people talking(actually yelling) and Louie Armstrong in the background just made for an acoustical environment that we do not care for.

Several night we paid for and enjoyed our drinks in the Martini bar which adjoins Michaels. The martini bar on Century is my favorite bar on any cruise ship. Love those lights, and the quite atmosphere.:) Shame it was relegated to a small plaque on the wall on the Millennium which is my favorite ship.

Archived