Has anyone experienced the CC elite lounge?

Infi

HI,we are on the Eclipse in the Norwegian Fjords right now, and I am using my free 90 min. package for being Elite..brillient.! The question here however is the new Elite use of Michaels Club. We loved Michaels club on the Solstice and were looking forward to using it for a few hours as "our elite club." Not so. I rarely drink alchohol, because I do not like it, and there is the rub. In the two hours its Elite...you cannot get a coffee, or a tea, or a coke !! Several people had the same problem as myself. We all are staying away because we do not want the alchohol, even if its free, and there is NO ALTERNATIVE being given. It seems very silly, since there is coffee in the morning and the machines and facilitys are there . ! [Please excuse the spelling mistakes I cannot find spell check on this strange computer].:D

WHAT? You mean from 4-6 if you don't drink alcohol they won't serve you anything else? So if I just wanted a club soda on the rocks I couldn't get it? I'm beyond shocked. That's awful.

They need to change that to offer at least some non-alcoholic beverages. What if you are Elite and you can't drink for medical reasons or you are a "Friend of Bill W." That's not right.

I am not sure if you could not get a club soda , etc, if you PAID for it, but I DO Know you cannot have a free expresso or cappicino as you can in the morning Elite member session. Is'nt it silly...they will give you free alcahol, but not free coffee. !!

Talk to the CC hostess about this issue. They may not serve coffee drinks in the afternoon if the machine isn't set up but they should certainly offer non-alcoholic cold beverages. How about a rum and coke - hold the rum.

The late afternoon session for Elites in Michael's Club is promoted as the "Cocktail Hour." I am sure, though, that after Captain's Club hears of the preference of some passengers for non-alcoholic drinks that Celebrity will eventually change their policy. Do continue to raise the issue.

Donald.

WHAT? You mean from 4-6 if you don't drink alcohol they won't serve you anything else? So if I just wanted a club soda on the rocks I couldn't get it? I'm beyond shocked. That's awful.

They need to change that to offer at least some non-alcoholic beverages. What if you are Elite and you can't drink for medical reasons or you are a "Friend of Bill W." That's not right.

You can certainly have whatever you like. We were recently on the Mercury in July and had straight ginger ale in Michael's during Elite "coctail hour" as that is our preferred drink. No problems whatsoever. As you say, not everyone drink alcoholic beverages. :)

Wow, Jennifer, they built that ship faster than I thought possible --- and launched it in secrecy!! ;):D

Bruce

LOL...that must have been a Freudian slip:D...think she meant

to say Equinox?;)

Wow, Jennifer, they built that ship faster than I thought possible --- and launched it in secrecy!! ;):D

Bruce

HI,we are on the Eclipse in the Norwegian Fjords ... We all are staying away because we do not want the alchohol, even if its free, and there is NO ALTERNATIVE being given.

And they used to blame too much alcohol for not knowing where you were... ;)

It seems as though that there is no consistent policy regarding Michael's Club during Elite hours throughout the Celebrity fleet. From what has been posted here so far, soft drinks are either provided or not provided during the Cocktail Hour; officers and managers either visit and mingle with passengers, or were instructed to stay out of the Club; and the Cocktail Hour dress code (Smart Casual) are either enforced or not enforced. Perhaps the Captain or Captain's Club Hostess on each ship interpret differently the Michael's Club perks for the Elite hours?

Donald.

It seems as though that there is no consistent policy regarding Michael's Club during Elite hours throughout the Celebrity fleet. From what has been posted here so far, soft drinks are either provided or not provided during the Cocktail Hour; officers and managers either visit and mingle with passengers, or were instructed to stay out of the Club; and the Cocktail Hour dress code (Smart Casual) are either enforced or not enforced. Perhaps the Captain or Captain's Club Hostess on each ship interpret differently the Michael's Club perks for the Elite hours?

Donald.

I think the same is true for whether or not suite guests are invited to use Michael's Club during cocktail hour. I can not tell by reading this thread whether suites are invited or not. It seems that on some sailings they are and on some they are not.

:o I know this has been a bone of contension...just wondering what to expect before my upcoming sailing.

HI,we are on the Eclipse in the Norwegian Fjords right now, and I am using my free 90 min. package for being Elite..brillient.! The question here however is the new Elite use of Michaels Club. We loved Michaels club on the Solstice and were looking forward to using it for a few hours as "our elite club." Not so. I rarely drink alchohol, because I do not like it, and there is the rub. In the two hours its Elite...you cannot get a coffee, or a tea, or a coke !! Several people had the same problem as myself. We all are staying away because we do not want the alchohol, even if its free, and there is NO ALTERNATIVE being given. It seems very silly, since there is coffee in the morning and the machines and facilitys are there . ! [Please excuse the spelling mistakes I cannot find spell check on this strange computer].:D

Jenni, I'm seem to remember that Michael like's his brew :D. No Brains might be the problem (and you have to be either Welsh or put up with a Welsh woman to understand that one).;)

Hope you are having a great time. Finally did replace my old machine so I can handle your emails :D.

I think the same is true for whether or not suite guests are invited to use Michael's Club during cocktail hour. I can not tell by reading this thread whether suites are invited or not. It seems that on some sailings they are and on some they are not.

:o I know this has been a bone of contension...just wondering what to expect before my upcoming sailing.

I think the suite thing was pretty screwed up on how it was addressed. I believe they first decided that VIP suites (CS (on M ships), RS, and PH) would be allowed in. Thats was the the first leak of the news. Now it appears its only for Elite - but who knows. =X=. like all cruise lines. change stuff at the spur of the moment.

We just want to get on and go cruising - the drinks are an afterthought. Actually, when I think about that the more true it becomes :D.

Hi! I got off Mercury yesterday morning. The difference between that cruise and the one which I took five weeks ago on the same ship is the transition of Michael's Club for the use of Elite members between the hours of 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. This started July 5 on Mercury.

When I first heard about that, I was not all that impressed ... but I ended up being there twice daily! The biggest factor was the quality of service, as well as the presence of two or three officers and/or managers each time who visited and chatted with the guests. I enjoyed getting to know them. I think that over the week a total of 15 to 20 officers and/or managers visited Michael's Bar.

For example, the Activity Manager, Zsolt Boros, from Romania, sat beside me one day. After several moments, I asked him where in his country he came from. He didn't provide the name of his city, but described its location in a valley in the western part of the country, and I asked, "Is it Brasov?" He was astonished at my knowledge of geography.

There is continental breakfast in the morning - a variety of fruits, pastries, yogurts and fresh juices, as well as five different varieties of coffee as well as morning alcoholic beverages such as Mimosa and Bloody Mary. I had just the half-grapefruit, yogurt and a small muffin in addition to a Bloody Mary (the pastries were too sweet for me), then after about an hour I went upstairs to the buffet and had cereal and toast. I did suggest that cereal and toast be added to the morning offerings in Michael's Club. After the first day, when I sat down the attendant, Gede, placed my usual half-grapefruit, yogurt and muffin in front of me, without me asking. I told him that he would become an excellent butler. I enjoyed two cups of cappuccino every morning. No price tags on anything!

The late afternoon offerings included all sorts of alcoholic beverages including martinis. There are 5 p.m. wine tastings where one can select four wines to sample. I tried it one day, and I told the server which one I liked. The next day, a glass of that wine was placed in front of me! Cold and hot appetizers were passed around. What's not to like about service in Michael's Club? You'll love it!

There were only 13 Elite members on last week's cruise, so Michael's Club was not too well-attended. The Captain's Club hostess informed me that, actually, Elite members are welcome to bring along family members or (I believe she also said) friends to the Club.

Donald.

As a frequent (Diamond +) RCL cruiser and a once-in-a-while Celebrity cruiser this new perk is good news. Enjoying the fellowship of other cruisers and friends is sweet when the venue, drinks, and treats are "on the house." I'm looking forward to a diet coke and good conversation on Infinity next January. My ratio of RCL to Celebrity cruises might shift in the other direction.

This is what I have HEARD but do not know personally since I just made Diamond and only got to use the status on one cruise on RCI. I did not avail myself of the lounge so I did not feel I needed to tip the concierge. In fact, I did ask him to do one thing for me and he blew me off (lol). However, I did tip out the bartenders and waiters in the overflow lounge in the evenings as service was rendered.

On Royal Caribbean, apparently the concierge was making a lot in tips. I routinely heard of tipping of $50 or so for a cruise when the question was asked on cruise critic how much should he/she be tipped. After all, in a hotel if the concierge does something for you, you tip them so I didn't think this was out of line--officer or not.

I HEARD that Royal decided they were getting so much in tips that they cut their salary appreciatively a year or so ago. I, also, HEARD some left the line because of it.

Since many of those using the lounge were Diamond level, when September 1st comes, there won't be as many using the concierge lounge. We were wondering if this was going to cause more discontent among the concierges as they wouldn't be getting as much in tips.

Of course, this is Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity. However, as Diamond on Royal Caribbean, I have been given Elite status on Celebrity.

Tucker in Texas

I was shocked to find out the Diamond lounge host on Royal Caribbean is paid as little as $700/month. I have always received fantastic service form them and given them a well deserved tip at the end of the cruise.

I drink rum and coke at times so i ma sure they have coke so why not give it out. On RCI the coffee was set up to use all day long but they have a private room while celebrity does not. I bet they clean out the coffee machine each day after breakfast and do not remake it again. that makes sense.

LOL...that must have been a Freudian slip...think she meant

to say Equinox?;)

A Freudian ship as well as a slip...gooooood catch everyone...at least you know it was not the free alchahol.....! ;) I asked the Celebrity greeter at MICHAEL'S CLUB door today if they were serving coffee yet and she said they were not....I sugest that everyone keeps on asking and asking. :D

Archived