Has anyone experienced the CC elite lounge?

Infi

How did the Captain's Club hostess react when you suggested that waffles be offered for Elite members in Michael's Club in the mornings? :D

Donald.

WOW! What a great suggestion. :D

We're back from the Summit 9th. July Med cruise and also on our cruise the Michaels perk was introduced. Jon

Jon,

Thanks for posting. We will check out the perks on Equinox, SOON! ;)

Lois

I understand that Celebrity is not RCI. i did not like RCI but for their lounge. I am glad to see that some people are wearing shorts. i felt it was only bathing suits they did not like in there.

it will be a while until I can use this perk but i know i will follow the rules when I can.:D

Good point made above about the tips..

On Royal C. we generously tipped our Concierge (who was an officer--& one of the most helpful, lovely & brilliant staff on board) at the end of the cruise along with our waitress/bartender in the Diamond overflow Lounge.. not sure how we will handle that now that the program has been changed a bit on Royal--we;ll wait & see if it remains as personal as it was...

if we attend frequently on Celebrity it appears the tip will go to the Cap Club Host/hostess & the waitstaff as those tips are above & beyond the pre-paid program other than non complimentary drinks which i asume will get the 15%charge

What are some other thoughts about this?

Lois

I understand that Celebrity is not RCI. i did not like RCI but for their lounge. I am glad to see that some people are wearing shorts. i felt it was only bathing suits they did not like in there.

it will be a while until I can use this perk but i know i will follow the rules when I can.:D

Hi Robin - hope we can cruise together one day - you are a really nice, kind person and full of useful information, unlike some who are just full of themselves!!!!:D:D

We also like to follow the rules - we are very happy cruisers and happy to conform with whatever the cruiseline decides. If we don't care for their rules, we just go elsewhere!! However, when it comes to dress options, we just like to dress in what we consider is an appropriate manner for the occasion. Dressing nicely is part of the pleasure of cruising for us. Don't really care what other people wear - not too keen on Speedos though, on gentleman over 21!! LOL

Good point made above about the tips..

On Royal C. we generously tipped our Concierge (who was an officer--& one of the most helpful, lovely & brilliant staff on board) at the end of the cruise along with our waitress/bartender in the Diamond overflow Lounge.. not sure how we will handle that now that the program has been changed a bit on Royal--we;ll wait & see if it remains as personal as it was...

if we attend frequently on Celebrity it appears the tip will go to the Cap Club Host/hostess & the waitstaff as those tips are above & beyond the pre-paid program other than non complimentary drinks which i asume will get the 15%charge

What are some other thoughts about this?

Please understand, we always try to do the right thing and we appreciate all these wonderful, hard working people very, very much. We will, of course, tip the bartender but I don't know about the CC Hostess - a uniformed officer! This does not seem right and I am a little shocked that she would accept. In the past we have, while on board, written the Captain a note to compliment exceptional CC Hostess service but it never entered our heads to thank by handing over cash! We learn something new all the time though and I will be guided by this groups wisdom and advise.

Please understand, we always try to do the right thing and we appreciate all these wonderful, hard working people very, very much. We will, of course, tip the bartender but I don't know about the CC Hostess - a uniformed officer! This does not seem right and I am a little shocked that she would accept. In the past we have, while on board, written the Captain a note to compliment exceptional CC Hostess service but it never entered our heads to thank by handing over cash! We learn something new all the time though and I will be guided by this groups wisdom and advise.

I thought the same thing - it would likely be considered inappropriate to tip a uniformed officer. However, they might enjoy a small gift or even just a thank you card. And I suspect any staff member would appreciate a letter of praise about them going to the Captain or Miami.

This is what I have HEARD but do not know personally since I just made Diamond and only got to use the status on one cruise on RCI. I did not avail myself of the lounge so I did not feel I needed to tip the concierge. In fact, I did ask him to do one thing for me and he blew me off (lol). However, I did tip out the bartenders and waiters in the overflow lounge in the evenings as service was rendered.

On Royal Caribbean, apparently the concierge was making a lot in tips. I routinely heard of tipping of $50 or so for a cruise when the question was asked on cruise critic how much should he/she be tipped. After all, in a hotel if the concierge does something for you, you tip them so I didn't think this was out of line--officer or not.

I HEARD that Royal decided they were getting so much in tips that they cut their salary appreciatively a year or so ago. I, also, HEARD some left the line because of it.

Since many of those using the lounge were Diamond level, when September 1st comes, there won't be as many using the concierge lounge. We were wondering if this was going to cause more discontent among the concierges as they wouldn't be getting as much in tips.

Of course, this is Royal Caribbean and not Celebrity. However, as Diamond on Royal Caribbean, I have been given Elite status on Celebrity.

Tucker in Texas

We got to experience the new member benefits on Century through the Arctic Circle beginning July8, their first time hosting it on Century. The CC Hostess, Jonette, was everywhere we were!! She was wonderful, Michael's Club was fun, having met Cruise Critic Members during the cocktail. It was great to talk with others about travels, and get some ideas. Never made it to the breakfast. The complimentary 90 minutes of internet was good too! Of course, now it was complimentary, we forced ourselves to go online once!

There was a special luncheon as well, which was just that, "special".

Just not sure if I want to miss Caribbean sun during the winter months to go inside for the cocktails. Hopefully they make it a little later so it is just before late dinner and maybe outside or where there are windows.

Kim

We got to experience the new member benefits on Century through the Arctic Circle beginning July8, their first time hosting it on Century. The CC Hostess, Jonette, was everywhere we were!! She was wonderful, Michael's Club was fun, having met Cruise Critic Members during the cocktail. It was great to talk with others about travels, and get some ideas. Never made it to the breakfast. The complimentary 90 minutes of internet was good too! Of course, now it was complimentary, we forced ourselves to go online once!

There was a special luncheon as well, which was just that, "special".

Just not sure if I want to miss Caribbean sun during the winter months to go inside for the cocktails. Hopefully they make it a little later so it is just before late dinner and maybe outside or where there are windows.

Kim

Hi Kim:) I met Jonette back in April....she is really a lovely person:)

Glad you had a good cruise....hmmm....a special luncheon?

For Elite members? Expand on that one for us, please:D

Hi Kim:) ...hmmm....a special luncheon?

For Elite members? Expand on that one for us, please:D

Hi Lois:

The purpose of the luncheon is your expansion..;)

Hi Lois:

The purpose of the luncheon is your expansion..;)

Ouch:eek:but I guess the truth always hurts:rolleyes::)

I have not heard of any special luncheon.....so should I have

said please start xplainin instead:D?

I have not heard of any special luncheon.....so should I have said please start xplainin instead:D?

Lois, there wasn't a "special luncheon" for Elite members on Mercury, but we did have the new Captain's Club Celebration on the last sea day, when the Most Frequent X Cruiser was announced. There were four or five areas set up around the Pavilion Night Club with sushi, beef, crepes, etc. Free drinks, too! The event started at 2pm, and there was a performance by some of the ship's dancers. The shades were lowered over the windows to make the lounge darker against the bright sunlight.

Again, dress code for that event is Smart Casual and Above: no jeans, shorts, flip-flops, t-shirts or bathing attire.

Donald.

Hi Donald, thanks for the information:)...sounds like they have

definitely changed a few things around!

An afternoon event in the Pavillion! Not a bad thing:D;)

I can always put on a pair of black slacks and nice top and would

be set for something like that:)

We're just back from a back to back on the Century. What a difference in the Elite level Captain's Club benefits! We especially liked the laundry coupons (30 items - no charge), the Internet coupons, and the Michael's Club. We even tried the morning breakfast. You can get a smoothie and a campacino to start your day. It added a lot to the cruise - for us it was enough to make an Elite actually feel elite.

They offered the perks on our Constellation cruise. They served a white and red wine, mixed drinks, a Scotch, a bourbon, a vodka, a gin, different mixers, a few different beers, and soft drinks.

They had coffees and cappuccino with assorted pastries in the morning.

Omigod, Texed, no waffles? I would protest if I were you!

In terms of manner of dress, we have been in RCCL's concierge club many trips now and we always have late seating. We go in there in casual clothes for a cool drink before showering and changing for dinner. Then we usually go back. We love to chat with other people in there. No one ever said anything about the way we were dressed. We were always clean and presentable, but we weren't always "smart casual".

The one thing I will miss from the concierge club is the coffee machine. I don't drink anything alcoholic, but I do love my decaf coffee - all day long. But we are really thrilled with the new perks for Elite on =X=. If possible, we are looking forward to our trip on Mercury in January even more now.

By the way, we always have tipped the concierge and the bar attendant in the lounge. I would expect to do that on Celebrity as well.

Susan - I spoke with Janelle from Dan Hanrahan's office and she checked into the matter and told me that the dress code will be smart casual. Men cannot enter Michael's Club for the Elite perks if they are wearing shorts. :( Guess they're doing it differently from RCCL.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with the lounge. :D

I do have one question. Is there an age limit on who's allowed in the lounge? Like, are teenagers allowed? I don't think they're allowed in RCI's concierge lounges, so I'm curious.

P.S. Please don't flame me! I'm well-behaved and technically "elite" (when I turn 18 anyway), I promise! :o

Sandy,

Thank you for the information. I believe that "smart casual" is appropriate both for breakfast and the afternoon event. I recall seeing a few folks who would visit the CL on the Radiance for breakfast wearing the furnished bathrobe. I believe that they came from "Hicksville".

Sandy,

Thank you for the information. I believe that "smart casual" is appropriate both for breakfast and the afternoon event.

There was NO dress code for the morning hours - I wore shorts without any problem. The dress code for the afternoon hours specified Smart Casual, which I scrupulously observed.

Donald.

Archived