Has anyone experienced the CC elite lounge?

Infi

Has anyone been on a cruise with the new Captain's Club perks yet? I'm specifically interested in the new elite lounge in Michael's Club. What do they serve? The site says complimentary drinks, but what does that include - mixed drinks, wine, soda? Also, what's the morning coffee hour there like?

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone been on a cruise with the new Captain's Club perks yet? I'm specifically interested in the new elite lounge in Michael's Club. What do they serve? The site says complimentary drinks, but what does that include - mixed drinks, wine, soda? Also, what's the morning coffee hour there like?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,:) one of my pals just got home from Mercury today and I am hoping

he will post some thoughts on here for us.

I can tell you he emailed me a few times during the week and enjoyed

Michael's Club very much:).

Mornings....pastries, juices, coffees, teas and adult beverages if you

preferred....Mimosas and Bloody Mary's for examples.

Afternoons.....everything you mentioned....all complimentary...

from sodas to booze......

His particular sailing had very few Elite Members on board but

Sr Staff were there so it was quite nice getting to know them

in a more intimate setting.

Again, hoping we will get something first hand on here:) as some folks

are not into writing reviews...but I asked him to post some thoughts for us.

Thanks for sharing that info, Lois...the lounge sounds wonderful! I just booked Equinox for November so am looking forward to all the great perks. Can't wait! :)

Has anyone been on a cruise with the new Captain's Club perks yet? What do they serve? The site says complimentary drinks, but what does that include - mixed drinks, wine, soda? Also, what's the morning coffee hour there like?

Thanks in advance!

They offered the perks on our Constellation cruise. They served a white and red wine, mixed drinks, a Scotch, a bourbon, a vodka, a gin, different mixers, a few different beers, and soft drinks.

They had coffees and cappuccino with assorted pastries in the morning.

Hi! I got off Mercury yesterday morning. The difference between that cruise and the one which I took five weeks ago on the same ship is the transition of Michael's Club for the use of Elite members between the hours of 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. This started July 5 on Mercury.

When I first heard about that, I was not all that impressed ... but I ended up being there twice daily! The biggest factor was the quality of service, as well as the presence of two or three officers and/or managers each time who visited and chatted with the guests. I enjoyed getting to know them. I think that over the week a total of 15 to 20 officers and/or managers visited Michael's Bar.

For example, the Activity Manager, Zsolt Boros, from Romania, sat beside me one day. After several moments, I asked him where in his country he came from. He didn't provide the name of his city, but described its location in a valley in the western part of the country, and I asked, "Is it Brasov?" He was astonished at my knowledge of geography.

There is continental breakfast in the morning - a variety of fruits, pastries, yogurts and fresh juices, as well as five different varieties of coffee as well as morning alcoholic beverages such as Mimosa and Bloody Mary. I had just the half-grapefruit, yogurt and a small muffin in addition to a Bloody Mary (the pastries were too sweet for me), then after about an hour I went upstairs to the buffet and had cereal and toast. I did suggest that cereal and toast be added to the morning offerings in Michael's Club. After the first day, when I sat down the attendant, Gede, placed my usual half-grapefruit, yogurt and muffin in front of me, without me asking. I told him that he would become an excellent butler. I enjoyed two cups of cappuccino every morning. No price tags on anything!

The late afternoon offerings included all sorts of alcoholic beverages including martinis. There are 5 p.m. wine tastings where one can select four wines to sample. I tried it one day, and I told the server which one I liked. The next day, a glass of that wine was placed in front of me! Cold and hot appetizers were passed around. What's not to like about service in Michael's Club? You'll love it!

There were only 13 Elite members on last week's cruise, so Michael's Club was not too well-attended. The Captain's Club hostess informed me that, actually, Elite members are welcome to bring along family members or (I believe she also said) friends to the Club.

Donald.

...When I first heard about that, I was not all that impressed ... but I ended up being there twice daily! ...The Captain's Club hostess informed me that, actually, Elite members are welcome to bring along family members or (I believe she also said) friends to the Club.

Donald.

Wow, what a great post Donald! This gives us an excellent view of the Elite Club. We are looking forward to our 10day/13day B2B - this will turn it into even more of a fantastic experience.

Also, you mentioned being able to bring friends. On other posts, some non-Elite Suite posters were upset they wouldn't be allowed in. It sounds like they are, and if it isn't crowded, it sounds like we can invite a friend. I promise NOT to make 'friends' of the entire ship, BUT friends are joining us and we'd like to invite them a few times. Hope we can. But our second half is a TA which may have a high percentage of Elites. We'll see.

Denny

Hi Donald:)welcome home and glad you had such a great time!

Thanks for giving us a review of your experience:)

I can't wait to sail Mercury again!:D

Also, you mentioned being able to bring friends. On other posts, some non-Elite Suite posters were upset they wouldn't be allowed in. It sounds like they are, and if it isn't crowded, it sounds like we can invite a friend. I promise NOT to make 'friends' of the entire ship, BUT friends are joining us and we'd like to invite them a few times. Hope we can. But our second half is a TA which may have a high percentage of Elites. We'll see.

Denny

Well, of course, Michael's Club from 8-10 am and 4-6pm is for those who are Elite members. That's just too bad if one is a first-time Celebrity cruiser in a suite. A non-Elite guy who sat down in the Club one day was politely told to leave.

The hostess told me that some Elite members did not go to Michael's Club because they were traveling with family members and were under the impression that these family members couldn't accompany them in the Club. That is incorrect.

It may be that if there are only 13 or so Elite members, friends are also welcome to join them in Michael's Club. You should check with the hostess on the first day to find out if the Elite numbers are such that friends are also allowed in.

Donald.

We were on the Mercury July 12 - 19th however only went down to the Michael's Club function on the afternoon of Hubbard Glacier. I believe that Angela the Captains Club hostess told us there were only 16 Elite members sailing on our cruise, but there were no others in Michael's on the particular afternoon we went. We don't drink spirits, so I can't help you there, but I believe it was anything you wanted. We're plain old Canada Dry guys ;)

We were joined by the F&B Manager, and had a very interesting conversation with him about the repercussions regarding the previous day's medical evacuation of a child, and the missed port of Sitka. The lovely hostess Angela also joined us to find out how we liked the new Elite members benefits and if we had any suggestions as to how anything might be improved for the future.

She was trying to talk us into coming down for the continental breakfast in Michaels -- however for this particular cruise, I was spoiling Paul for his 50th birthday and we had a fantastic 12th floor Sky Suite with a fantastic butler (David) and we were taking advantage of having breakfast in the room each day :D

You're going to have a great time Lois !

Dave

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the information about Michael's Club and glad to hear you had another great cruise on the Mercury. I am happy to hear about the family members as I will be on the Mercury again in October. Four of us are Elite and two people who are only Select. I'm looking forward to getting back on the Merucry! Any idea if Angela will still be there in October?

Walter, Nick, and Janet (from Alaska five weeks ago)

Donald....thanks for the information on CC Elite perks. Sounds great.

We are on a 28-day back-to-back in October aboard Millennium. They will have to move a bed into Michael's club for me! :rolleyes: Who would want to leave?

They will also need a derrick to lift me off the ship. I thought it would be bad enough with the normal dining/drinking options....now there's this new one.

Bill

Donald....thanks for the information on CC Elite perks. Sounds great.

We are on a 28-day back-to-back in October aboard Millennium. They will have to move a bed into Michael's club for me! :rolleyes: Who would want to leave?

They will also need a derrick to lift me off the ship. I thought it would be bad enough with the normal dining/drinking options....now there's this new one.

Bill

I know what you mean! We are also doing b2b on the Millenium this winter. I think we will visit the venue, just to see what it's all about. A morning cappochino(sp) sounds soooo appealing. As to the happy hour drinks etc, CALORIES!

It's quiches lorraine, but either way they are delicious.

Thanks for the info on non elite family members. We are traveling with friends who will be on their 5th X cruise so i didn't think we would make much use of the lounge, but now maybe.

Thanks for the info on non elite family members. We are traveling with friends who will be on their 5th X cruise so i didn't think we would make much use of the lounge, but now maybe.

The lounge benefits are rewards for Elites, those who have 10 or more Celebrity or RCI sailing credits as well as those occupying suites. I believe that crowding issues will eventually force a stricter interpretation of the benefit. There will always be someone with a large group of non-elite friends who will attempt to take over the lounge and spoil the occasional visit for others.

The lounge benefits are rewards for Elites, those who have 10 or more Celebrity or RCI sailing credits as well as those occupying suites. I believe that crowding issues will eventually force a stricter interpretation of the benefit. There will always be someone with a large group of non-elite friends who will attempt to take over the lounge and spoil the occasional visit for others.

As I understood it people occupying suites do not qualify unless they are Elites

Roy

Any idea if Angela will still be there in October?

Sorry, I have no idea if Angela will be aboard in October.

As I understood it people occupying suites do not qualify unless they are Elites

That's also my understanding. According to the information sheet in my cabin: "Dear Captain's Club Elite Member: Celebrity Mercury is pleased to have you sail with us again. As a special thank you for being a loyal member of the Captain's Club, we would like to extend a few extras on us."

Donald.

I imagine that with only 16 elites on board the lounge was empty most of the time. It makes sense for the CC host to loosen the regulations if the lounge is sparsely used and tighten them if usage gets too high. I won't be upset if my friends can not come to the lounge with us, but it will be very nice if they can be accommodated.

I wonder if there is any way to find out how many elites are on my cruise.

Hi! I got off Mercury yesterday morning. The difference between that cruise and the one which I took five weeks ago on the same ship is the transition of Michael's Club for the use of Elite members between the hours of 8-10 a.m. and 4-6 p.m. This started July 5 on Mercury.

When I first heard about that, I was not all that impressed ... but I ended up being there twice daily! The biggest factor was the quality of service, as well as the presence of two or three officers and/or managers each time who visited and chatted with the guests. I enjoyed getting to know them. I think that over the week a total of 15 to 20 officers and/or managers visited Michael's Bar.

For example, the Activity Manager, Zsolt Boros, from Romania, sat beside me one day. After several moments, I asked him where in his country he came from. He didn't provide the name of his city, but described its location in a valley in the western part of the country, and I asked, "Is it Brasov?" He was astonished at my knowledge of geography.

There is continental breakfast in the morning - a variety of fruits, pastries, yogurts and fresh juices, as well as five different varieties of coffee as well as morning alcoholic beverages such as Mimosa and Bloody Mary. I had just the half-grapefruit, yogurt and a small muffin in addition to a Bloody Mary (the pastries were too sweet for me), then after about an hour I went upstairs to the buffet and had cereal and toast. I did suggest that cereal and toast be added to the morning offerings in Michael's Club. After the first day, when I sat down the attendant, Gede, placed my usual half-grapefruit, yogurt and muffin in front of me, without me asking. I told him that he would become an excellent butler. I enjoyed two cups of cappuccino every morning. No price tags on anything!

The late afternoon offerings included all sorts of alcoholic beverages including martinis. There are 5 p.m. wine tastings where one can select four wines to sample. I tried it one day, and I told the server which one I liked. The next day, a glass of that wine was placed in front of me! Cold and hot appetizers were passed around. What's not to like about service in Michael's Club? You'll love it!

There were only 13 Elite members on last week's cruise, so Michael's Club was not too well-attended. The Captain's Club hostess informed me that, actually, Elite members are welcome to bring along family members or (I believe she also said) friends to the Club.

Donald.

Donald thanks so much for coming back to tell us all what is included with the new benefits from Celebrity. We are thinking of a Thanksgiving cruise and this just sounds wonderful.

I wonder if there is any way to find out how many elites are on my cruise.

I think that the only way to find out would be to ask the hostess or concierge. They would have that information. Some of the officers and/or cruise director might also know.

Donald.

Roy

I don't see how they could allow everyone in suites to attend. If just 1/2 of the folks in Sky Suites decided to show up it would be standing room only and probably flow outside.

I think the original press release was misinterpreted. It said something like "Elite members can join their stateroom/suite friends"... and somehow that got twisted to think that suite cruisers were invited but intended to mean that Elite members can bring friends (space permitting I'm guessing).

Well, of course, Michael's Club from 8-10 am and 4-6pm is for those who are Elite members. That's just too bad if one is a first-time Celebrity cruiser in a suite. A non-Elite guy who sat down in the Club one day was politely told to leave.

The hostess told me that some Elite members did not go to Michael's Club because they were traveling with family members and were under the impression that these family members couldn't accompany them in the Club. That is incorrect.

It may be that if there are only 13 or so Elite members, friends are also welcome to join them in Michael's Club. You should check with the hostess on the first day to find out if the Elite numbers are such that friends are also allowed in.

Donald.

We are one credit short of being elite members. On our next cruise we will become elite. We are however in a CS suite. Are we allowed into Michael's club? Or is it for just the elite members now? I did read in some other postings that the suite members would be allowed. However it is like the telephone game, when you finally get the information it maybe incorrect.

thank you

Claudette

Archived