HAL login

Jemima

The login process now requires unencripted personal information. I've had an account for months and was never asked this until yesterday. I've tried a number of times and keep getting the personal information screen.

Which browser and operating system are you using? Scott.

What would that have to do with the information they are now requesting? They now want full "legal" name, birthdate, and zip code to log onto the HAL website. I've been logging in for months with my e-mail address and password and now they want this additional unencripted information.

What would that have to do with the information they are now requesting? They now want full "legal" name, birthdate, and zip code to log onto the HAL website. I've been logging in for months with my e-mail address and password and now they want this additional unencripted information.
That doesn't happen to me. I just signed in with user name (email address) and password, same as always. :confused:

Sorry -- I didn't follow what you were trying to say in your original post. My bad :-) Your snarkiness, however, was patently clear in your follow-up post. HAL already has that info on file in my case under the "My Details" sub-section to "My Account" section.

I suppose one could hit the 'Click to Chat' button in the upper right hand corner of HAL's webpages and ask them directly for which purposes they require that information.

Scott.

I just logged in on the HAL site to my account just using the email addy and password. Very strange that they want your personal information if you already have an account.

Are you trying to log in to complete your edocs to get your boarding pass?

Perhaps clearing your cache/cookies and restart the computer might help...just a thought.

An additional thought.... (I always have afterthoughts after posting)

Are you going to the top of the page where it says "My Account/Login", or are you going to the "For Booked Guests"? Those require 2 different logins. If you use the "Booked Guests" menu, you need to enter the personal information UNLESS you already registered as a booked guest. On the sign in page for booked guests, there are 2 places...on the left is for registered users that have been booked, and on the right is the sign in for unregistered users.

)

Are you going to the top of the page where it says "My Account/Login", or are you going to the "For Booked Guests"? Those require 2 different logins. If you use the "Booked Guests" menu, you need to enter the personal information UNLESS you already registered as a booked guest. On the sign in page for booked guests, there are 2 places...on the left is for registered users that have been booked, and on the right is the sign in for unregistered users.

I just tried and can not get into my account either way so I am unable to do the online checkin or book shore excursions. :confused:

No problem logging in, but it looks like HAL is making some changes/improvements to their My Account page.
I also logged-in to HAL as usual with e-mail and password. But when I went to My Account, I noticed a link that I don’t remember seeing before. Is “Cruise History” new? I know you could access that specific info via a separate “Mariner Look-Up” link, but I don’t remember seeing it in My Account. Or maybe I just don’t visit there often enough!

Apparently HAL is in the middle of some maintenance ... while I can logon to my account, that My Account area does not have full functionality.

Here's the message I get: "Due to scheduled maintenance, certain features of My Account are temporarily unavailable including reservations, history, personal details or preferences."

And, yes, the Cruise History link is new. Wonder if the My Reservations area will be updated as well.

Yup.... same as always for me. E-mail address and password.

I ran into this new Log In yesterday (7/29/09) and had to input my personal info THREE times. Today, I cannot get into their System to check on Alaska Cruises! Everytime we Log In, it always shows our Mariner Number, so it knows who we are! Right?

A Geographical Software Update is being done at a ridiculous time when passengers need acess to the HAL site!:confused: I think that is why some people are getting the "old" Log In" and this new personal info "Log In" for other people!:rolleyes:

It would be interesting if the Posters would say which state they reside, and then this would verify the Geographical Software Update!;)

I just logged on to check our cabin assignment (so far no assignment for our 8/27/09 cruise) and didn't have a problem....and before I never had a problem logging onto the HAL website and our checking online boarding. However I do think you need to consider the time zone of Seattle. I'm thinking they update or do maintenance on the website during the night Seattle time. I'm in AZ so it really doesn't affect me, but it probably does other time zones.

As of this morning, seems HAL may be finished with their maintenance. Now, when I log in and go to My Account, I can view all my past cruises by clicking on the Cruise History link. Further, clicking on My Reservations brings up the basic details/status of my upcoming November sailing. This is what it shows for that booking:

14-DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN

Departure Date:

Nov 20, 2009

Disembark Date:

Dec 04, 2009

Departure Port:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Disembark Port:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ship:

ms Maasdam

Stateroom:

XXX (it does show actual cabin assignment, I've amended it here)

Online check-in status: Complete

Also, this page has links for buying shore excursions and gifts online.

I kept getting the information request for a day, then early yesterday evening I could log in normally. Today it was back to the information request. I tried submitting the information screen blank, but it insisted on at least my name. I was ok with that, so filled in name, and submitted. My information has now been "consolidated". Not sure what they are "consolidating" - My name hasn't changed and I've had the same e-mail address for 5 or 6 years. And I'd already done the online checkin.

Archived