NASCAR on board

Avril

I'm sailing on the Eurodam for a 16 day Northern Europe/Transatlantic cruise in 10 days!! :D I'm just wondering, will they be able to show the NASCAR races in the Sports Bar (or anywhere else)? I'm a diehard fan and it's going to hurt so much to miss 3 races this close to the start of Thee Chase!! :eek: Is anyone else on here a NASCAR fan and have you been able to watch the races on your cruise? We were able to watch the NCAA Football Bowl games the last time we were on the Eurodam (GO USC) but then again, we were sailing in the Caribbean. If it makes a difference, we're leaving from Copenhagen and stopping in Scottland, Iceland, Greenland, a few places on the Canadian East Coast (St. Johns Newfoundland, Sydney Nova Scotia and Halifax Nova Scotia), St. Pierre France (which is funnily enough just off the East Coast of Canada) and we'll end up in New York. I'm so excited, I've always wanted to cruise Europe and do a Transatlantic!! :D I just never thought that it might mean missing some of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races!! :eek:

Will they have any kind of car racing at all (to watch on TV)? I just love it so much I don't think I could go without somekind of racing!! :o Wether it's NASCAR, Indy, Formula 1, 2, 3 or 4, etc, I don't care really but I would prefer NASCAR.

Thanks very much from a lifelong #24 Jeff Gordon fan!!!! :D

Don't count on it. Not everyone on board will be from the US. English people may want to watch the current gripping cricket tournament against the Australians, the Dutch will be calling for football (soccer) to be shown as it is the start of the new season then. Canadians may want lacrosse or hockey. The ship can't meet every request. On Oosterdam in June, we got Wimbledon. It's all down to the technical guys on board, what they can receive and what the crew would prefer to see. The bottom line is whether ESPN will broadcast it and whether it can be received.

I'm sailing on the Eurodam for a 16 day Northern Europe/Transatlantic cruise in 10 days!! :D I'm just wondering, will they be able to show the NASCAR races in the Sports Bar (or anywhere else)? I'm a diehard fan and it's going to hurt so much to miss 3 races this close to the start of Thee Chase!! :eek: Is anyone else on here a NASCAR fan and have you been able to watch the races on your cruise? We were able to watch the NCAA Football Bowl games the last time we were on the Eurodam (GO USC) but then again, we were sailing in the Caribbean. If it makes a difference, we're leaving from Copenhagen and stopping in Scottland, Iceland, Greenland, a few places on the Canadian East Coast (St. Johns Newfoundland, Sydney Nova Scotia and Halifax Nova Scotia), St. Pierre France (which is funnily enough just off the East Coast of Canada) and we'll end up in New York. I'm so excited, I've always wanted to cruise Europe and do a Transatlantic!! :D I just never thought that it might mean missing some of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races!! :eek:

Will they have any kind of car racing at all (to watch on TV)? I just love it so much I don't think I could go without somekind of racing!! :o Wether it's NASCAR, Indy, Formula 1, 2, 3 or 4, etc, I don't care really but I would prefer NASCAR.

Thanks very much from a lifelong #24 Jeff Gordon fan!!!! :D

TIVO the races and watch when you get home.

You are sailing a great itinerary (I've done it several times). But, on this itinerary, you'll lose TV reception at times, and it will be intermittent at other times. That's what happens when you are so far north.

As much as I love the sport...

Only in America is it considered a "sport" to drive around in circles for several hours...

:cool:

...everywhere else on the planet, you have to get off your tuckus to be considered a sportsman.

Only in America is it considered a "sport" to drive around in circles for several hours...

:cool:

...everywhere else on the planet, you have to get off your tuckus to be considered a sportsman.

Except, of course, for all of the Grand Prix and other car races and rallies all over the world! :p

Thanks guys (and girls)!! :D I really didn't think we'd get to watch the races but I just thought I'd ask. Ya never know sometimes!!

And what's wrong with the 24? I've loved him for years!! :D I also like (and you'll really hate me in a minute) Kyle Busch in the 18.

Mark Martin, Dale Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Joey Logano, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne, Denny Hamlin, Kurt Busch, all good as well (yup, I like them as well)!! :) However, Jeff Gordon in the 24 will always be my favourite!! :D

The one I don't like is Brian Vickers in the 83. Git. :(

Can't wait for the race this weekend!!!! :D

My mother and I share a love of racing... She is a NASCAR fan and a fan of Jeff in the 24... I like Jeff and his cars, including Jimmy in the 24...

She is a newer fan, but I go back to the King Righard in the 42, and even to Jimmy Johnson...

I am a bigger fan of open wheel. I have volunteered at local races, and even done Solo II...

There are lots of sports on board, but maybe not your Nascar races... but make friends with the bar tender in the sports bar and maybe....

Archived