New Itineraries - The Finalists Are Coming

TERubacky

Dear All,

watch this space over the weekend as we will be announcing the finalists among the new itinerary ideas that were submitted. Once they are posted, you can begin voting in the poll to decide the winners!

I must say that all the itineraries were very creative and it was really tough to pick the finalists for consideration.

Tim Rubacky

Oceania Cruises

Dang nab it -- I knew this would happen. We're leaving early Sunday morning for an Alaska cruise, and I don't like to spend the money on shipboard internet to just browse and read. Maybe I can get logged on at one of the ports.

How long will the voting take place? I hope it will be at least long enough to let me vote on 9/1/09...

Maybe they'll be posted by Saturday night? :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOMCWDQE3k

May we suggest the above tune as the theme song for the contest?

Great song for the contest.......guess you can guess my age now? Going on my 10th cruise in Jan on Oceania.......Swing and Sway with Sammie Kay

world_600w.jpg

It completely captures our feelings about picking out a new Oceania cruise

Dear HONDORNER

Had you chosen Oceania or Regent for your NEXT cruise, I would have gladly given you FREE internet access onboard (at least for a day or so) so you could keep up with the contest.

FDR

Dang nab it -- I knew this would happen. We're leaving early Sunday morning for an Alaska cruise, and I don't like to spend the money on shipboard internet to just browse and read. Maybe I can get logged on at one of the ports.

How long will the voting take place? I hope it will be at least long enough to let me vote on 9/1/09...

Maybe they'll be posted by Saturday night? :cool:

I was on an Alaskan cruise several years ago, when my daughter-in-law was expecting. I was able to get free internet acceses, to see if there was any news, at the public library in every Alaskan port . I remember them all being within walking distance of the port. (I don't remember why I didn't just use a cell phone...)

It looks like we are just missing you in Alaska. We will be on the Mercury on September 13th!

Marilyn

Dear HONDORNER

Had you chosen Oceania or Regent for your NEXT cruise, I would have gladly given you FREE internet access onboard (at least for a day or so) so you could keep up with the contest.

FDR

Ouch! :)

Of course, O doesn't go to Alaska (yet) and I'm still feeling out the Regent situation. I hope I can be forgiven one teensy 7 day defection...;)

Shame I discovered this thread far too late I would have loved to participate (used to be a travel manager before)

Anyway boarding the Nautica on Friday in Athens next week so will find out in due course what has been decided. If only I can make my job doing that kind of things :D:D

Reint

You can still participate ;)

Lyn

Can I? Thought the deadline was already closed.

OK here we go, two weeks, capitals of the Eastern Med :)

In case they are interested contact me on the Nautica next weekend!

Reint

1) Rome

2) Sea

3) Sea

4) Haifa, Israel

5) Alexandria, Egypt

6) Limassol, Cyprus

7) Rhodes, Greece

8) Santorini, Greece

9) Istanbul, Turkey

10) Istanbul, Turkey

11) Athens, Greece

12) Sea

13) Valetta, Malta

14) Sorrento, Italy

15) Rome. Italy

oh well, I wish it would have been on the weekend, would have given me a chance to see the finalists, I'm off on my travels in a couple of hours (not a cruise) to Athens of all places (at least initially - going to pelion and the sporades afterwards) No doubt once I'm back in 3 weeks everything will be done and dusted. Still there's a tiny hope there'll be a nice surprise when I get back I suppose.

Somehow I was under the impression that this was the weekend to announce the finalists, but obviously it wasn't....

Did Mr. Rubacky mean next weekend?

Paul,

me culpa - in looking back at my post, yes, I did mean NEXT weekend. The polling will then start on September 1 and go through Sept 30th.

Tim

Archived