Ice Cream and Pizza?

We are cruising Brilliance around Christmas, this is our first RC cruise. We have been long time Carnival cruisers until a recent bad experience.... so we are trying RC. The kids main concerns are the ice cream and the Pizza. Are these items available 24/7 on this ship? If not does anyone know the hours? Is there food available anywhere that's open 24 hours? Thanks in advance!

they are teenagers, and yes they like pizza and ice cream at 2 am. So these items are not available ANYTIME on brilliance?

You might find the venue in the Solarium serving pizza slices until 1 or 2 am. Also, room service is available 24 hours for an $8 fee.

they are teenagers, and yes they like pizza and ice cream at 2 am. So these items are not available ANYTIME on brilliance?

Lousy pizza in Solarium until around midnight.

Ice cream for a charge at the coffee shop, but not open very late

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Lots of (snarky) responses, yet no real answers. I guess some people just can't help themselves.

I'm interested in the response as well. My kids cruised for the first time last year (on NCL) and not a single conversation comes up about the vacation without there being some mention of the endless soft-serve ice cream! After a few days, it actually became our designated rendezvous point on the ship!

Soft serve is not available 24 per day. They usually fill the machine once per day, and when that runs out, that's it. Pizza is available in the solarium, but not at 2 am.

Curfew is very real, they will not be able to roam the ship alone after 1 AM unless they are 18 or over.

BTW they are starting to close the solarium pools at midnight. (Radiance class)

Lots of (snarky) responses, yet no real answers. I guess some people just can't help themselves.

I'm interested in the response as well. My kids cruised for the first time last year (on NCL) and not a single conversation comes up about the vacation without there being some mention of the endless soft-serve ice cream! After a few days, it actually became our designated rendezvous point on the ship!

See post #2

I thought the same thing!

Thank you Bob for pizza info. But I am still questioning the soft serve machines? Are those available during meal hours? Or are there no soft serve machines at all?

Soft serve is not available 24 per day. They usually fill the machine once per day, and when that runs out, that's it. Pizza is available in the solarium, but not at 2 am.

Curfew is very real, they will not be able to roam the ship alone after 1 AM unless they are 18 or over.

BTW they are starting to close the solarium pools at midnight. (Radiance class)

Thanks so much!!!! All my questions finally answered! And I am thankful for the 1am curfew info so they can prepare. Thanks again

I thought the same thing!

Thank you Bob for pizza info. But I am still questioning the soft serve machines? Are those available during meal hours? Or are there no soft serve machines at all?

Soft serve machines are in Windjammer, and have limited hours, something like noon to 6pm.

You should probably switch to different ship.

Not really sure if the kids will really like the Brilliance.

Not much for them to do on it...

I'm pretty sure there is a pool, a rock wall, putt putt, a basketball court, a movie theatre, a massive poolside theatre, a video arcade and kids clubs/activities. Yeah, you're right. I should pick a different cruise. There is NOTHING for kids/teens here. Insert eye roll.

Btw, I came here for help, and only received it from 2 people . The reat of the remarks are snarky and useless. I asked questions about ice cream and pizza and got opinions from snarky jerks. Thanks for you opinion, but I'm not interested it.

If someone is having a few late night drinks, and wants some snacks, where would they go? Asking for a friend ;)

Park Cafe in the Solarium is open the latest. There is a bar there too.

I'm pretty sure there is a pool, a rock wall, putt putt, a basketball court, a movie theatre, a massive poolside theatre, a video arcade and kids clubs/activities. Yeah, you're right. I should pick a different cruise. There is NOTHING for kids/teens here. Insert eye roll.

Btw, I came here for help, and only received it from 2 people . The reat of the remarks are snarky and useless. I asked questions about ice cream and pizza and got opinions from snarky jerks. Thanks for you opinion, but I'm not interested it.

The previous post is just implying that compared to Voyageur, Freedom, Oasis and Quantum class ships that Radiance class pales in comparison.

I'm 35 going on 18.. And I was bored on the Radiance(and I can drink!) .. Thankfully it was a port intensive cruise. I hope you don't find this post snarky.. But it is the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We are cruising Brilliance around Christmas, this is our first RC cruise. We have been long time Carnival cruisers until a recent bad experience.... so we are trying RC. The kids main concerns are the ice cream and the Pizza. Are these items available 24/7 on this ship? If not does anyone know the hours? Is there food available anywhere that's open 24 hours? Thanks in advance!

nope.

soft serve( and self serve) will be available from about 1100 to mid evening( like 9-10 pm) regular scooped ice cream is an option for dessert every day in the MDR for lunch and dinner. you can BUY ice cream most of the day. I do not remember if it is on the room service menu.

the cafe will serve pizza starting after dinner but it will shut down by midnight.

2 am options are limited to room service, at a $7.95 per order fee. besides the curfew is 1 am and they can't be out of the cabin at that hour anyway unless they are with you.

The previous post is just implying that compared to Voyageur, Freedom, Oasis and Quantum class ships that Radiance class pales in comparison.

I'm 35 going on 18.. And I was bored on the Radiance(and I can drink!) .. Thankfully it was a port intensive cruise. I hope you don't find this post snarky.. But it is the truth.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

But I was not asking for a review or opinion about whether or not the ship was good for kids/teens.