Ice Cream and Pizza?

They can order a big bunch of snacks for around $8 total via room service. I'd think teens would think that is cool.

This is FREE on Carnival ships. And my kids do love room service. But I hate to pay 8 bucks a night plus tips for it when it is included in Carnival. We may need to suck up our Carnival issues and not sail RC. We will give them a try though, and maybe we will be surprised !

This is FREE on Carnival ships. And my kids do love room service. But I hate to pay 8 bucks a night plus tips for it when it is included in Carnival. We may need to suck up our Carnival issues and not sail RC. We will give them a try though, and maybe we will be surprised !

They used to be included on RCI.. But there was too much waste.. And the quality was incredibly lackluster. This prompted RCI to overhaul the room service menu and include the surcharge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There will be free real ice cream in the Windjammer buffet at dinner time. Unfortunately that is usually only until 9 PM. There will be sandwiches, deserts and chips at no charge in the Park Cafe. It should be open till a bit later than the buffet.

I'm pretty sure there is a pool, a rock wall, putt putt, a basketball court, a movie theatre, a massive poolside theatre, a video arcade and kids clubs/activities. Yeah, you're right. I should pick a different cruise. There is NOTHING for kids/teens here. Insert eye roll.

Btw, I came here for help, and only received it from 2 people . The reat of the remarks are snarky and useless. I asked questions about ice cream and pizza and got opinions from snarky jerks. Thanks for you opinion, but I'm not interested it.

I really think I gave you fine non snarky answers. I said there was a curfew, the pizza was available till midnight in the solarium and the only late night ice cream is for a fee. You really need to lighten up.

You got mad at Matt and Constable for suggesting that Brilliance might not be the ship for you. Now you seem to be agreeing. I won't sail a Radiance class ship unless the itinerary is very port intensive.

Since you are new to Royal Caribbean I will just tell you that the different classes of their ships provide very different type of cruise experiences. And there are more options for teenagers to get their fill of food late night on Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class ships without having to pay for room service.

Edited by Ocean Boy

If they are in the Windjammer, aren't they open until the WJ closes, as they are on Radiance?

Actually don't know for sure how late they are operating, but it seems like every time I went into WJ, they were shut down.

where you can get pizza that sucks at 3am............BTW Carnival's pizza is much better.

Yes, our kids only ate the pizza a couple times, said they rather Totino's. They were spoiled on the CCL pizza the previous two cruises. They had a great time though and to them the pizza was the only disappointment.

I can not BELIEVE the amount of people telling me to book another ship! I didn't ask for opinions on the ship I booked. Not interested in your opinions. Just facts on the pizza and ice cream. And I received all the info I needed on that question. I really appreciate those who gave factual, helpful info pertaining to my question. Thanks guys!!

We are just telling you that this particular ship may not be a good fit for your family. You all may be happier on the Oasis class where you can get pizza that sucks at 3am............BTW Carnival's pizza is much better.

I can not BELIEVE the amount of people telling me to book another ship! I didn't ask for opinions on the ship I booked. Not interested in your opinions. Just facts on the pizza and ice cream. And I received all the info I needed on that question. I really appreciate those who gave factual, helpful info pertaining to my question. Thanks guys!!

I think I was one of the two posters that you mentioned that did not give you a snarley remark.

Yes, you came here and asked us a question. In our answer to you, we did give you some honest advice.

Ok, your cruise is already booked and maybe you are leaving in a week and our opinions are really moot.

A cruise is what you make it, my DH and I loved all the windows and the feel of the ocean as it was right there in most areas that you were in.

We cruised her sister last year and have booked Brilliance for this Thanksgiving. We are empty nesters

and don't need all the bells and whistles. We were all just trying to help you and your teens have a better fit.

No one offended you, we were really just tying to help.:D

Have a wonderful cruise

RCCL does not have 24/7 soft server nor pizza like Carnival. My kids did miss the variety of free food, 24/7 when traveling on a RCCL ship but still enjoyed their cruise (probably since I am paying :D) You might try searching for the ship's "daily compass" as it would show you more about the hours for each location. Have a great trip.

Edited by VaTech8912

Fact... Pizza is more readily available on the Freedom, Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Hahaha

Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We are cruising Brilliance around Christmas, this is our first RC cruise.

I think I was one of the two posters that you mentioned that did not give you a snarley remark.

Ok, your cruise is already booked and maybe you are leaving in a week and our opinions are really moot.

So much for the moot opinions!;)

It's actually frozen "product". Advice for the wise: Don't read the ingredients. :o

IIRC isn't it non dairy to boot? it always tastes artificially vanilla to me. that's one thing Celebrity does way better than Royal.. all that lovely hand made fresh daily ice cream in a bunch of flavors plus toppings galore.