Ice Cream and Pizza?

Not to be combative, but again all RCI ships have them filled throughout the day and into the evening. The crew doesn't stand next to the machine until it goes empty. They check periodically or till a guest tells someone the machine is empty.:)

I don't recall what ship it was (possibly Explorer), but it was one where the machine was out on the aft part of the main pool area. They had a crew member dispensing the ice cream to guests. The line was short, moved very fast, and the area was cleaner than what I've seen on some other ships. Needless to say, the machines were full all the time.

Non Fat Milk solids: Whole milk powder has a shorter shelf life than nonfat dry milk. ... Milk-solids-nonfat(MSNF) consists of the protein, carbohydrate (lactose) and ash (minerals) in a dairy product. The other two major components are water and milkfat

This actually seems like the least offensive ingredient that was provided in the above list.

It's the Guar Gum that makes it so tasty. :)

The guar gum is used as an emulsifier, or stabilizer because it stops solids from settling.

It is the Corn syrup used to soften texture, add volume and stop crystallization that enhances the flavour.

Don't want to hijack this thread any more and upset the OP any further but here's a link for more info

It's amazing isn't it? And godforbid that you ask a question that someone answered in August of 2008 and you didn't search for it. Personally, I come here to see if there's any new info but the Facebook groups are much kinder. I don't know why people feel a need to be so sarcastic and mean.

The facebook groups are newer and much smaller, give it time, I've already seen the same kind of thing there in some groups. If certain people bother you, the ignore feature works really well. The Facebook groups are not 1% the resource this place is. While I did sympathize with the OP, he really did over react and needs to put on his big boy pants and go with it.

We have MJ in August, I'm not holding my breath. I am curious about the make your own on Oasis though. I'll give it a go

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

On certain nights, Freedom had the "make your own" in the WJ...It wasn't bad! :) We loved the different theme nights in there

while on Freedom. They always made it fun.

I don't recall what ship it was (possibly Explorer), but it was one where the machine was out on the aft part of the main pool area. They had a crew member dispensing the ice cream to guests. The line was short, moved very fast, and the area was cleaner than what I've seen on some other ships. Needless to say, the machines were full all the time.

I think it was Explorer, starboard side of the deck by the Windjammer entrance.

I think it was Explorer, starboard side of the deck by the Windjammer entrance.

That would make sense since Explorer is the most recent Voyager class ship we've been on.

On certain nights, Freedom had the "make your own" in the WJ...It wasn't bad! :) We loved the different theme nights in there

while on Freedom. They always made it fun.

I didn't catch that when I was on her in 2015, but we had such great dinners in the MDR and Chops, I never got up there for dinner.

My husband and 2 teenage kids are going to be on the Brilliance on Monday for a 12 night Mediteranian cruise. My teens are 13 and 16. I will let you know about the pizza and frozen yogurt. Just message me and I will give you a review of our trip. Its our first cruise with Royal Caribbean as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The guar gum is used as an emulsifier, or stabilizer because it stops solids from settling.

It is the Corn syrup used to soften texture, add volume and stop crystallization that enhances the flavour.

Don't want to hijack this thread any more and upset the OP any further but here's a link for more info

My post was an attempt at humor.:) But, since you decided to educate us, the use of guar in ice cream (in this case ice cream-like) products is to control the formation of ice crystals

In several food and beverages guar gum is used as additive in order to change its viscosity or as fiber source.

Food. Function

Baked goods. Dough improver [14]

Cheese Texture improver [15]

Ice Cream. Smaller ice crystals [16]

Fried Products. Oil uptake reduction [17]

16. Sutton R.L. and Wilcox J. 1998. Recrystallization in ice cream as affected by stabilizers. Journal of Food Science 63:104-107

Non Fat Milk solids: Whole milk powder has a shorter shelf life than nonfat dry milk. ... Milk-solids-nonfat(MSNF) consists of the protein, carbohydrate (lactose) and Ash (minerals) in a dairy product. The other two major components are water and milkfat

The fake ice cream machine on Grandeur is located in the smoking area of the pool deck. Kind of unappetizing.

But i still love that ship!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

No wonder! It has ASH in it!!:confused:

If you don't want to heed Merion_Mom's advice and really want to know what's in this 'frozen yogurt'....

Ingredients:

Water, Corn syrup, Palms kernel oil, Non fat milk solids, Buttermilk powder, Whey powder, Sugar, Mono and Diglycerides, Guar gum, Cellulose gum, Polysorbate 80, Carageenan, and Artificial flavor.

Love me some diglycerides!

I see you have only 22 posts here, you get used to it, let a lot of stuff roll off your back and judge each post on its merits. After awhile use the ignore feature.

I viewed those posts differently. There was nothing wrong with the replies posted. All appeared to have been made from a position of positive intent and all were a natural tangent from the base conversation; the point being that you get conversations here and once you set the seed you lose any right (if you ever had one) to control where it goes.

To me the projected attitude of the OP seemed incompatible with asking helpful strangers for their views; I'd rate their responses to those who took them time to share an opinion as borderline obnoxious in most cases.

I didn't catch that when I was on her in 2015, but we had such great dinners in the MDR and Chops, I never got up there for dinner.

We did specialty dinners on the first two nights (BOGO) and tried to do MDR for dinner...but found ourselves getting way too chatty in the lounges...then just ended up just enjoying the freedom (on Freedom ;)) to just wander into the WJ whenever we wanted. No waiting for a table..a large selection to choose from... and just the right small amount we would enjoy of several items. Had, on many occasions, several ship's officers join us at our table..since that is where they went to eat l later in the night also. Very interesting conversations! :)