cancel cruise due to British Airways crash

lindajoyce23

You could also check on the cruise insurance forum here there are probably others that have had similar experiences

If Tripmate denied your claim you can always appeal their decision & go higher up the ladder

My insurance includes unforseen travel delays for missing a cruise. I.e. I book flight a year on advance and they have a strike at the airport, I get my money back. There's been talk of a strike in the newspaper I book a flight anyway I don't get my money back. I leave home the day before my flight and car breaks down on way to airport I get my money, I leave home 3 hours before flight, my car breaks down I don't get my money.

This is all spelt out in the small print & I paid the extra for cruise, so I could have paid for another flight to meet cruise at next port and would have been covered for travel and accommodation.

I am afraid you will only know if you check your policy.

I do believe the airline have to reimburse you for any extra travel costs, but not for actual cruise 😔

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I don't see a lot of rude posts. It simply appears people are trying to figure out what you're asking.

Now, appears your miles were redeposited. Even though you had award tickets, your booking would have been handled the same as someone with "paid" tickets - if there were seats on another flight that were available, you should have been placed on the flight.

If you couldn't make your cruise at all, you should file a claim with your travel insurance. Not clear if you've done that.

Suggest you file a claim for EU compensation:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/british-airways-flights-ba-it-system-outage-delays-compensation-airline-covers-cost-claims-eu-rules-a7763886.html

We were fortunate in that we got caught by the BA computer issues on the homeward leg of our cruise. It was not a fun way to end a trip, but while we were waiting in line to get rebooked to fly home we watched the cruise ship reps running around so we knew there were people in a far worse situation than us.

We're still waiting for compensation [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To OP (and all other posters) - it is very helpful if you complete the part of your CC profile which states your location (even just US, UK, Australia etc..). There are many differences between booking conditions, insurance, consumer protection laws etc.. between the various places on the planet.

Has anyone out there had to cancel their cruise when British Airways entire system crashed on May 27- 29??? We are looking for help with this issue!

Very sorry that happened to you.

Please post your experience in how the cancellations were dealt with and what was the outcome. Good luck.

Was cancelling the cruise the OP's only option? In that situation, I would not have cancelled the cruise, but would have tried to book flights with another airline. Then a travel insurance claim would only have been necessary, if my air points weren't reimbursed by BA.

Granted, the BA computer crash was an extended one, but travel disruption does happen and it's useful to always have thought about an alternative plan.