POP card, is it worth it?

CATTOCRUISERS

Has anyone been on the EPIC lately and purchased a regular old USP? My 18 year old son is the only one who thinks he needs this for our Mediterranean Cruise in October. We've never cruised NCL before, always been die hard Princessers, so I don't know what to expect for complimentary beverages and I don't know how much a can or fountain beverage is a la carte, please help?

The Soda program is $7.50 per day plus 18% gratuity. I am sorry but I don’t remember how much the individual drinks cost on board.

Complimentary cold beverages include iced tea, lemonade and then juice machine at breakfast (not the fresh squeezed).

I hope this helps with your decision.

By the way, you get an insulated cup with the soda program.

Enjoy your cruise!

John

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok. Thanks for the "help". I guess that's the last time I post a question.

Don't worry about the people who can't or won't answer your question. The original post was very clear that you were asking about soda for your 18 year old. Even if you didn't use the "NCL term" it was easy to figure out what you were asking about.

If I recall correctly the cost for an individual soda is $2.50 + 18%. The only free beverages are water and the juices on the buffet. If OP's son thinks that he will drink 3 or 4 sodas a day it is a good deal, if not then, it's not a good deal. I suspect that for the OP it will be a good deal. OP needs to remember that energy drinks, and special coffees are not included.

If I recall correctly the cost for an individual soda is $2.50 + 18%. The only free beverages are water and the juices on the buffet. If OP's son thinks that he will drink 3 or 4 sodas a day it is a good deal, if not then, it's not a good deal. I suspect that for the OP it will be a good deal. OP needs to remember that energy drinks, and special coffees are not included.

and coffee, tea, and lemonade.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I assume it similar to princess. You'll get free water, lemonade, ice tea, hot tea, and coffee in all dining areas plus juice/milk at breakfast and a flavored water dispenser at the buffet.

Soda costs $2.50 a cup plus grat. They don't give out cans usually.

Pop was about $3.50 a can including gratuity on our cruise in March. (Canary Islands) We didn't know that you could no longer bring any beverages aboard at all. Water or pop and had to throw away what we had when we boarded. (We definitely weren't the only ones unaware of the new policy.)

I found it very worthwhile on our 10 day cruise as we didn't have the UBP and I like a soda with my meal, and also had some more while on sea days. I don't drink it endlessley, the reason I found it worthwhile is because when you asked for a soda from a bar, half the time they would fill the glass totally full with ice and then squirt a tiny bit of soda in. Which would have been really annoying if I was paying a la carte! As I had the unlimited package I just drank my trickle of diet coke and asked for another. In the restaurants they were much better at actually giving you a full glass of soda. I didn't use the flask thing much that they give you as it didn't really get washed in between uses so I found that a bit icky over the course of 10 days!

Don't worry about the people who can't or won't answer your question. The original post was very clear that you were asking about soda for your 18 year old. Even if you didn't use the "NCL term" it was easy to figure out what you were asking about.

That comment is beneath you.

Look at some of the people who had commented. Tiggertastic is, like you, an incredibly helpful poster on here. So, they misunderstood the question, but to suggest that they "won't answer the question" is completely incorrect. Just look at their posting history to see how helpful they can be.

I tried to clarify, but can't comment on whether the soda package is worth it or not as we don't drink it. I hoped that my post would help others to answer correctly though.

The question clearly required clarification. That is shown by the fact that the first reply misunderstood it. In fact, most questions on here lately involving drinks packages on the Epic in the Med are talking about alcoholic packages. The rules are different for European cruises.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We give upon a lot of our spare time to these boards to help people. I don't expect thanks, but I won't accept criticism for trying to help.

Perhaps the responses weren't as helpful as the OP would have hoped, but that was down to misunderstandings, and I think that their response in post 6 was quite rude. They should have just given the clarification and we could have moved on.

That comment is beneath you.

Perhaps the responses weren't as helpful as the OP would have hoped, but that was down to misunderstandings, and I think that their response in post 6 was quite rude. They should have just given the clarification and we could have moved on.

Yea I agree the never ask a question again was childish.

Asking for clarity in order to help is a common occurrence on a lot of forums.

My apologies KeithJenner. I assume that people can read when they are responding to a post, out of 15 replies 7 understood the question and 6 just read the title and skimmed through the post and two were you just trying to stir the pot. That has nothing to do with not understanding, it's not reading. Zqvol was stating the same thing, everyone prior to him, except for ColeThornton, was confused because they didn't read. Mr Thornton actually pointed out that those same people weren't actually reading the post. You assisted by explaining that soda and pop were the same thing. I believe an adult beverage package would be for those who can drink. Clearly an 18 year old on a cruise ship cannot legally drink, therefore I don't know what I needed to clarify? If someone is going to help answer a post, perfect, but read the post first before chastising the person who asked the question. If you don't know the answer, simply don't reply. Makes sense to me, but then again I'm the one who originally wrote the "incoherent" post that 7 people seemed to completely understand and gave me a response that I found helpful. I promise from now on that I won't post any further questions to irritate the masses. Perhaps now we can move on.

My apologies KeithJenner. I assume that people can read when they are responding to a post, out of 15 replies 7 understood the question and 6 just read the title and skimmed through the post and two were you just trying to stir the pot. That has nothing to do with not understanding, it's not reading. Zqvol was stating the same thing, everyone prior to him, except for ColeThornton, was confused because they didn't read. Mr Thornton actually pointed out that those same people weren't actually reading the post. You assisted by explaining that soda and pop were the same thing. I believe an adult beverage package would be for those who can drink. Clearly an 18 year old on a cruise ship cannot legally drink, therefore I don't know what I needed to clarify? If someone is going to help answer a post, perfect, but read the post first before chastising the person who asked the question. If you don't know the answer, simply don't reply. Makes sense to me, but then again I'm the one who originally wrote the "incoherent" post that 7 people seemed to completely understand and gave me a response that I found helpful. I promise from now on that I won't post any further questions to irritate the masses. Perhaps now we can move on.

As you say, it's best to move on.

However, just one thing for your info. It is absolutely legal for an 18 year old to buy and consume alcohol on the Epic in the Med. Hence the reason why many people are asking for clarification on how the adult beverage packages apply to them, which I imagine is why tiggertastic thought you may be referring to that package.

And nobody said your post was incoherent, just that it required clarification.

I'm not sure why you see this as people chastising you. Clarification was being sought. You say my posts were me trying to stir the pot. To be honest that is a pretty offensive thing to say. I think it's quite clear that I was trying to help with the clarify the situation after the first reply seemed to misunderstand.

We are here to help, honestly. Try again, and perhaps you will find that we actually are quite a friend bunch.

Basically soda is 2.25 a can, while the USP is 7.50 a day, so If he will be drinking more than 3 sodas a day.

EVERY day, the USP is a better deal. For me it was the every day part, including days in port where you may not be on the ship as much, that I chose to just pay for each soda.

honestly, when i first saw this threat posted and i saw POP card i had to think for a minute as to what it was the poster was talking about.

in our part of the country, its called Soda. I believe midwesterners call it Pop. Some folks call it Tonic.

honestly, when i first saw this threat posted and i saw POP card i had to think for a minute as to what it was the poster was talking about.

in our part of the country, its called Soda. I believe midwesterners call it Pop. Some folks call it Tonic.

My first assumption was that it was an abbreviation, as it was in capitals. I assumed that it was the name of a package on Princess. It was only after reading the actual post (which I did actually do) that I realised that it was probably the word pop.