Bottled Water - what brand and type?

bamelin

I suffer from GERD and acid reflux/IBS.

I drink bottled water with a high PH Balance (alkaline water). What is the brand of bottled water available for presale on Princess? I need to know the PH Balance of the bottled water.

This matters hugely to me like a "book or will not book issue".

Last month sailing the Star from LA the pre-purchased 12 pack of half liter bottles was reverse osmosis purified Niagara water from Ontario California. Water included in the elite minibar & available for purchase was Crystal Geyser spring water.

For the package price we used that to supplement our in port water supply after our Brita water bottles were empty.

I drink bottled water with a high PH Balance (alkaline water). What is the brand of bottled water available for presale on Princess? I need to know the PH Balance of the bottled water.

Based on this other thread the type of water in the pre-ordered package can vary based on the embarkation port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2452867

The bottled water on board can vary too, depending on what is available where they provision. Usually it is Crystal Geyser, but that can vary. To be 100% sure you get a water you can drink you should bring your own. Secure a case or two with some extra packing tape and tape a luggage tag to the case and give it to a porter with your luggage. It will be delivered to your cabin with your luggage.

Thanks all I appreciate. The reality I fly in from Toronto so I'm limited to what CVS at embarkation port provides or what's on board.

90 pe cent of the time I'll be sailing going out of ft lauderdale, the other 10 percent out of NYC.

Thanks all I appreciate. The reality I fly in from Toronto so I'm limited to what CVS at embarkation port provides or what's on board.

90 pe cent of the time I'll be sailing going out of ft lauderdale, the other 10 percent out of NYC.

It might be worth trying to find out what they load on in FLL. But remember, it could always be different once you get onboard. There are plenty of threads on here about carrying your own water on board in bulk. If you can get it to the port and carry it through customs, I can't see anyone at Princess having a problem letting you take it on board.

There is a large supermarket just off 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale near Embassy Suites and Total Wine (and closer than CVS) where you can purchase bottled water. I'm guessing that they have several brands of bottled water and far more variety than CVS.

Rather than worry and wonder about the water available onboard I would simply take my own water. It's a bit more of a hassle but you can take as much as you like when boarding with no charge and you would be certain of having exactly what you want.

]It might be worth trying to find out what they load on in FLL[/color]. But remember' date=' it could always be different once you get onboard. There are plenty of threads on here about carrying your own water on board in bulk. If you can get it to the port and carry it through customs, I can't see anyone at Princess having a problem letting you take it on board.[/quote']

I would never rely on this info.

I am sure even the provision master onboard don't know until the truck pulls onto the pier to off load.

You might want to look at a transfer from the airport to the port, with a quick grocery stop. The grocery store is a publix. You can do a search on the type of water they carry, find one that meets your needs and make sure they have it for you. Or, if you're flying in the night before, stay at one of the hotels on 17th St - its an easy walk from several of them.

Given that you are from Toronto, I would guess you are used to a Nestle type springwater? If so, you would want to check Zepheryllis as it is local spring water from florida. You need to be careful as many of their waters are in fact purified drinking (which is obviously quite different)

Lisa

I suffer from this, too and had no idea that I needed to drink high PH Balanced water [emoji33] maybe that is why I am not getting better after 8 weeks of this nonsense. What brand do you recommend ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a large supermarket just off 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale near Embassy Suites and Total Wine (and closer than CVS) where you can purchase bottled water. I'm guessing that they have several brands of bottled water and far more variety than CVS.

Yes, Publix has several brands

On the Regal last week (sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale) I pre-purchased the bottled water package and it was "Niagara Purified Drinking Water." There were also two small bottles and a large bottle of water placed in the cabin if you wished to purchase them (no, thank you!) also Niagara.

Or is there way to easily test and modify water that you are not sure meets your requirements? Might be something to check with your doctor or pharmacist. Good luck. I also have GERD but have it under control with Nexium or its Generic version.

Grateful for this thread.....was not aware of needing a high PH..... will look into this further.

Recently discovered I have 'silent' acid reflux.

On Crown (boarded Buenos Aires) I had the bottle water package. I can't see from the pic what the bottles are!

DSCN1682.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Grateful for this thread.....was not aware of needing a high PH..... will look into this further.

Recently discovered I have 'silent' acid reflux.

On Crown (boarded Buenos Aires) I had the bottle water package. I can't see from the pic what the bottles are!

DSCN1682.jpg

My dh has silent reflux as well. He just started the omeprazole in February to clear up his throat and the Drs hope is if he eats right and follows the rules he shouldn't have to be on it forever but either spot treat or something. We are trying to find his trigger they said some people have a trigger food/drink that start it. Do you follow the strict rules while on cruise or live to the fullest while cruising? He is trying to decide what he wants to do...

My dh has silent reflux as well. He just started the omeprazole in February to clear up his throat and the Drs hope is if he eats right and follows the rules he shouldn't have to be on it forever but either spot treat or something. We are trying to find his trigger they said some people have a trigger food/drink that start it. Do you follow the strict rules while on cruise or live to the fullest while cruising? He is trying to decide what he wants to do...

Hi. Mine is caused by a hiatal hernia. I follow a Gluten Free diet as much as possible as I have a sensitivity to it. Doesn't stop me having a great cruise though! Am playing a balancing game with the meds right now as I still have a slight cough.

Linda

Hi. Mine is caused by a hiatal hernia. I follow a Gluten Free diet as much as possible as I have a sensitivity to it. Doesn't stop me having a great cruise though! Am playing a balancing game with the meds right now as I still have a slight cough.

Linda

Hi Linda thanks for the info. We believe his is food related. He has been staying away from the citrus and acid...but when he does have it he tried to drink milk to counterbalance it and is no sticking to the no laying down for 3 hours after eating, not drinking a lot before bed. He used to guzzle water, now just sips. They have him on the meds to clear up his throat and his coughing is just about non existent along with the constant throat clearing. That happens a bit more than the coughing but is also WAY down from what it was. We are just unsure how to do the elevated sleeping as I sure as heck am not packing that wedge. So he has started sleeping flat again to see what happens.....;p

Hi Linda thanks for the info. We believe his is food related. He has been staying away from the citrus and acid...but when he does have it he tried to drink milk to counterbalance it and is no sticking to the no laying down for 3 hours after eating, not drinking a lot before bed. He used to guzzle water, now just sips. They have him on the meds to clear up his throat and his coughing is just about non existent along with the constant throat clearing. That happens a bit more than the coughing but is also WAY down from what it was. We are just unsure how to do the elevated sleeping as I sure as heck am not packing that wedge. So he has started sleeping flat again to see what happens.....;p

Well, I just had my first joyous cruise dealing with this, and was very diligent the first three or four days, and finally I started boozing it up and amazingly, I had no problem.. Go figure. Appletinis seemed to work for me LOL. I was petrified of what might happen after having a cocktail. I stayed away from all citrus and coffee and tomato, fried foods, and had lots of vegetables and shrimp and chicken, bravely had steak at Chops grill. Ate only half. Took the rest to go. Just had a few bites of potato, very little portions of everything, basically, and it worked. Followed the three hour don't eat rule every night, and no chocolate either!!!!!

This acid reflux just sucks, but I was able to have a very enjoyable cruise by eating sensibly [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2] roasted chicken, ET cet, scrape off or pick out ANY onion or problematic trigger foods.

So did you have any symptoms when you "fell off" and started drinking? Did you also indulge in any extra food? What about the sleeping on an incline?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Ironically, no worse off after boozing. I just couldn't believe it, after having adhered to a very strict diet for the last almost three months. A sip of coffee sent me over the edge as did orange juice, but not vodka. Wine was a big no no. And the kicker, I decided to eat burgers and fries the last two days, with NO symptoms. I just cannot figure it out.

Only one thing I would like to recommend that I believe has helped me somewhat has been a probiotic by drinking kefir, and I brought a bottle onboard

Ironically, no worse off after boozing. I just couldn't believe it, after having adhered to a very strict diet for the last almost three months. A sip of coffee sent me over the edge as did orange juice, but not vodka. Wine was a big no no. And the kicker, I decided to eat burgers and fries the last two days, with NO symptoms. I just cannot figure it out.

Only one thing I would like to recommend that I believe has helped me somewhat has been a probiotic by drinking kefir, and I brought a bottle onboard

Hmm interesting about the probiotic. Will have to look into that for DH. Silly question but how long have you been back from the cruise....just curious if it took possibly days or a week for the acid to flow back up and cause issues vs right away. Dh also gets this sensation in his throat like there is something there. we had 1 day of sorta bad food...heavy/greasy and he felt it a bit but it went away and was gone by next day he said. I also have no gallbladder so I try to watch what I eat but admit we eat VERY healthy at home and then splurge on the cruise. We rarely eat desserts, donuts, ice cream and red meat at home and save those moments for the ship. Normally no fried food either which is why we were dumbfounded when we got the news. We normally eat salads, brown rice, chicken and fish. however this did start up after our last cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity and it was a different type of cuisine than we are used to and while it port we loved this local donut shop, and ice cream place so perhaps that sent him over the edge...lol we think it may be citrus as he was doing lots of oranges to fight off the colds we typically get after traveling and then when he returned and got the cough assumed it was start of a cold so ramped up on the oranges and OJ. But thank you for all the info.

We just flew home yesterday, and seriously, all this stuff began after I was prescribed antibiotics for a dental surgery 3 months ago, and I had to take a lot of Motrin, so after the the prescription Meds for

GERD Weren't helping, I researched a lot, and many people swore by heavy doses of probiotics. The other theory is that doctors tend to overlook that one could have not enough acid in one's stomach, and by prescribing the usual meds, it contributes to the problem versus helping the problem. I really think mine is a result of the antibiotics. I felt so bad right before our cruise on March 5th, but as I said, I took baby steps and ate very SMALL portions, and that really seemed to work well. I feel like a new person. Maybe it was because I ate a lot of honeydew melon and watermelon on the cruise. I really can't figure it out Good luck to you!!!

Great thanks...but you know what my dh was on antibiotics as well I believe near the time this started as well. Will have to go and check the calendar...but that might be a common theme. I know they are harsh on the system and I am not fond of meds to begin with unless absolutely necessary. Will do our research. I take apple cider vinegar for my gallbladder issues...still get the pain if I eat to big or to much outside my comfort healthy zone so I carry that on the cruise. One day DH took it and his coughing was gone for a day or so...his 1 DR said that could be a help as well to aid the digestion so it doesn't come back up. But seeing as he was so far out he opted to start with the meds and when his 3-6 mths were up then he would monitor and try to naturally treat flare ups.