The upgrade fairy DOES exist!

Vanilla

Upgraded from ME (mini suite E729) to Penthouse suite (C422) today. Golden Princess for Alaska cruise in 25 days!!! Very excited - anyone have pictures of this suite or (if you have had that cabin) comments about it? Thank you in advance.

congratulations! what a great upgrade. i always get E729 and always tell them not to upgrade me because i figured the upgrade would be to an uncovered mini-suite on dolphin which i don't like. i had no idea they would upgrade from emerald deck to a penthouse suite. that's going to really enhance your cruise.

cheers

I don't have pictures but it doesn't get any better than one of the Caribe PH suites on The Golden. We have stayed in several of them and have C421 booked for August.

You are in for a real treat!

Mike:)

That is a great upgrade! Anytime you get moved to a full suite is the ultimate upgrade. Only happened once for us, but we'll never forget! Have a wonderful time and enjoy it to the fullest!

Upgraded from ME (mini suite E729) to Penthouse suite (C422) today. Golden Princess for Alaska cruise in 25 days!!! Very excited - anyone have pictures of this suite or (if you have had that cabin) comments about it? Thank you in advance.

I wasn't specifically in your cabin, but across the way and slightly more forward (C415). I was like you and searched and searched for photos. Decided I would take lots of pictures just in case someone else wanted to see what a suite is like. I did not include all the photos.

There is a curtain between the living room and bedroom. The shower and separate jacuzzi tub is separated by a door from the WC and sinks. The walk in closet is very, very, very small with enough room for clothes but not for you to change in. There is a cabinet with a safe and 3 drawers. Loved the wet bar and floral arrangement. There were two televisions and a CD player.

Imagine the size of two staterooms. That also is how big the balcony is. I love the Caribe deck but sure miss looking down at the water (Dolphin). Instead, you look down on someone else's balcony.

As everyone has said, you will love traveling in a suite.

DSCN3820_zpsb80daf02.jpg

DSCN3821_zpsf7f23dde.jpg

DSCN3827_zps23e0a8b9.jpg

DSCN3830_zps83fe4964.jpg

DSCN3834_zps3227de7a.jpg

Any other questions? Sabatini's and chocolate strawberries!

Congrats! How did you find out; TA or did it just appear in your personalizer? I'm in a ME mini on the Coral in August. I guess this might be something to look forward to.

You will love your suite. We were on the Star last October sailing to Hawaii and had booked a mini. We found out on Friday evening via an email from our TA that we had been upgraded to a full suite. We were sailing on Sunday afternoon.

Sailing in a suite was awesome, we loved the extra room, the big, big, balcony and all of the perks that came with the room. We are Elite so we already get many of the perks but one of my favorites was breakfast at Sabatini's. Having our breakfast there was just such a great way to start the day. Enjoy!!

I love the pictures, that may be the only way i'll see a suite! I am happy for you. the upgrade fairy hit me too: interior to obstructed ov. not quite the same, but i'm happy. I leave in 19 days for a 2 week Alaska on the island p., we'll pass somewhere in the night! enjoy your suite!

Leaving on Monday for the 14 day Alaska cruise. Looking forward to a great time. In the past, I have gotten pictures of Bears, Whales and the last trip in June '2012 I actually got a lot of pictures of Killer Whales which I turned into a book. Love Alaska

Archived