All Things Jewel of the Seas

BillOh

I plan on doing a review of our B2B in January which I assume will have all of the same islands as you are planned to visit. I will definitely link the review here and try to offer any info before that point as well!

St Criox, Grenada, and Dominica will be new to me. I will hold out hope for making St Martin as long as I can.

St Criox, Grenada, and Dominica will be new to me. I will hold out hope for making St Martin as long as I can.

We love St. Croix (want to move there someday) and Grenada. We've only been to Dominica once and it was about 7 years ago if I remember right. We did a river tubing excursion which was very fun! Now, we mainly just take cabs to beaches every day so I need to do some research on beaches there to see what are best. We love all of the islands and would be okay with any of them being switched out. We just love getting away from the yucky Missouri weather in January so we're along for the ride and can roll with the punches!

We're in one of those cabins at the end of January! Can't wait to see them. :)

Glad to see a post about this ship! I love the Radiance class ships. I've been on Serenade and Brilliance, but this will be my first time on Jewel!

Oh good! Looking forward to your review of these staterooms. January will be here soon!

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know what time bars open on the ship?

I am not a huge drinker but hey, if i'm on vacation i might enjoy a bit of Bailey's in my coffee! I may want to add some to my go cup for my trek toward a beach.

There is at least one bar open for breakfast, because I see people with Mimosas and Bloody Marys.

We were sad when they removed this feature on Adventure of the Seas after the partial dry dock. I would be very happy if they had this on Jewel! :D

They did right after the dry dock last year- I'm always on the lookout for my Tuesday elevators [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you started this. I have not seen allot on jewel. I too had to change from adventure to jewel this coming Feb. Looking forward to reading comments. I like the smaller ships, so hoping not disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Was it your own choice to change ships? We are booked on Jewel for Feb 4th but as yet have not confirmed in the light of Irma. We have been on all the Radiance class ships since 2003 but we like each one for diffent reason.for different reasons. My favourite class of ship now is Voyager class and has been for a long time.

We are doing B2B January 14th. Flying down on Westjet J3 13th staying at Hampton Inn & Suites. I phoned yesterday and they are planning to open October 31st.

Not sure we will go to Dominica a very poor country and the damage was very severe.

Hopefully the other ports will be opened

Ontario Cruiser

We are booked for the 7th, and had originally booked this cruise due to the Dominica port of call. We loved the culinary class/rain forest tour and booked it again. Just hope the nice couple that ran that excursion and owned the house up in the mountains are OK. :o

Was it your own choice to change ships? We are booked on Jewel for Feb 4th but as yet have not confirmed in the light of Irma. We have been on all the Radiance class ships since 2003 but we like each one for diffent reason.for different reasons. My favourite class of ship now is Voyager class and has been for a long time.

We had to change. Adventure in dry dock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Westjet cancelled our Sunday January 28th flight home okay for the 13th going down

Ontario Cruiser

Oh No! Why did they cancel It? Air Canada has Saturday and Sunday flights that depart Toronto at 9 am and land in PR at about 3 pm. Hopefully you can snag one of those if westjet doesn't re-book you.

I responded on the separate thread that OntarioCruiser started.

We had booked for April 15th home from San Juan. They have cancelled all Sunday flights for the whole season. Saturday flights are still operating. Probs didn’t feel they could fill 2 flights each weekend.

We are staying a week at a condo after our Jewel cruise so could cut our vacation by a day and take their Saturday flight.

We did get some compensation.

What toiletries are still provided in a balcony room?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

As far as I remember, there are shampoo/conditioner refillable dispensers in the shower (but not sure if that has changed) and of course those little bars of soap.

I always bring my own shampoo and conditioner, plus a full bar of soap.

What toiletries are still provided in a balcony room?

We are fresh off of the Jewel this past Monday. There was only the single dispenser of the gel/shampoo combo and a bar of soap. The bar was replaced every three days.

As a side note, this was one of our best cruises ever. The Jewel is a fantastic ship. The food in the Windjammer seemed to be better than any other Royal cruise in the last several years.

Is there any place on board to get a decent beer?

Back in the day I didn't have any issues drinking Bud Light but over the last handful of years my tastes have changed. I am not such a beer snob that I won't drink any macro brews but I am somewhat picky when it comes to the mass produced beers. On our last cruise aboard the Liberty we had the drink package and ended up drinking cocktails because there weren't really any decent beers included with the package (They did have Chimay Blue in the English Pub but it was not included in the drink package).

My previous cruise before that was on Carnival and they actually have a red (ThirstyFrog) that is made specifically for the cruise line (it is actually brewed for them by AB). It was quite good and they consistently ran out of cold kegs on a daily basis. Carnival also had Samuel Adams. However, I don't see such choices on Royal ships. I am good with Sam Adams, Blue Moon, and other mass produced beers that were once considered craft. I would just like to avoid the standard Bud/Bud Light/Miller/Miller Lite/Coors Light/etc.

So is there anyplace to get a decent beer? Or will I be sticking to cocktails again this cruise?

As a side note, this was one of our best cruises ever. The Jewel is a fantastic ship.

Great staff right? Superb vibe on this ship.

The food in the Windjammer seemed to be better than any other Royal cruise in the last several years.

I've come to the conclusion that the food sourced in Europe ports are much better than what is provided in North America. I hate to say it but I'd be willing to bet that your next three cruises in your signature in North America (incl Jewel again in Caribbean) will go back to "normal" sub-par food experiences in the WJ

I responded on the separate thread that OntarioCruiser started.

We had booked for April 15th home from San Juan. They have cancelled all Sunday flights for the whole season. Saturday flights are still operating. Probs didn’t feel they could fill 2 flights each weekend.

We are staying a week at a condo after our Jewel cruise so could cut our vacation by a day and take their Saturday flight.

We did get some compensation.

Delta canceled ours in March. Not only did we not get compensation, they didn't even tell us! I found it because I looked after reading a post on here :( AA is flying out of SJU on Sundays still.