Princess shower sizes

waltocruiser

We just returned from a great cruise on the Island Princess. Loved everything except the shower size, way to small for my tall thin wife. We are considering a cruise on the Royal and Emerald next year. Our question is what cabin category

will we require to get a large shower or a shower/tub combination?

At least a mini-suite.

FYI, the showers on the Royal class ships are larger and rectangular. Adequate for the largest guest.

Personally, I much prefer a shower stall over a tub/shower combination, particularly if seas are moderate.

Yes, as Pam states on Royal Class ships the shower in balcony cabins is larger. There is a step where you can place your leg. I think I remember that the Royal Class ships also have shower heads that can be hand held.

Personally I don't like the tub/shower in the mini suites. It has a high step over and the distance from the floor to the top of the tub is higher than a standard bathroom tub.

One other thing about the tub/shower combo on the Royal is that the drain is off center in the middle. I was always stepping on the darn thing. I did love the mini suite though, very elegant, loved the marble and the art deco fixtures.

We just returned from a great cruise on the Island Princess. Loved everything except the shower size, way to small for my tall thin wife. We are considering a cruise on the Royal and Emerald next year. Our question is what cabin category

will we require to get a large shower or a shower/tub combination?

It sounds like your wife's issue was with the height of the shower rather than the size around. I'm far from tall or thin and have no problem with the showers. DH is 6'1" and hasn't complained.

If her problem was the shower curtain playing grabsies...bring some towel clips for the bottom of the curtain. That tames it.

Some have posted that the 6' plus guys have difficulty in the mini-suite showers due to the step up into the tub that takes away from available height in the shower.

Rather than spend extra for a mini, maybe she could consider using the showers in the Lotus spa/exercise room area. They're very roomy. There was an attendant there when I used it (don't know if that's all the time or a one off).

There was a thread about this recently (yesterday or today). All the info you'd need to make a decision.

I'm 6' 1" and weigh in at 245 lbs. I don't have a problem with the shower. I don't bother taking binder clips either as I just wet the bottom of the shower curtain and it sticks to the wall of the shower so it doesn't bother me. Yes, I would prefer a larger shower but what they have works for me.

"Personally I don't like the tub/shower in the mini suites. It has a high step over and the distance from the floor to the top of the tub is higher than a standard bathroom tub."

I agree with you. It's especially an issue if the ship is rocking & rolling, and you're trying to clamber out of the tub without falling. I quickly learned not to use the tub/shower in a minisuite when the seas are rough.

"I just wet the bottom of the shower curtain and it sticks to the wall of the shower " .... Me too! Been doing it that way for years and it works great.