How was Mast Grille?: Recent Equinox Cruises

Driveshaft

Not sure about the other S-Class ships, but Solstice has added 3-4 times the number of tables and chairs up there. It was a great addition. Additionally, there was no smoking on the other side -- the Mast Bar which was also a plus.

There might have been 6 or 8 small tables on the starboard side. Same on the port side with ash trays.

Just a FYI. For those (like my DIL and grandkids) with serious peanut allergies, just breathing air in a place that offers free peanuts to it's customers and has peanut oil vapors in the air could be deadly.

I'm sorry but if that were true hundreds of people would drop dead every day.

There might have been 6 or 8 small tables on the starboard side. Same on the port side with ash trays.

I can only speak to Solstice. The Mast Grill is on the port side, and they had 12-14 tables for people to sit and eat. This was a big change as I have sailed on all of the S-Class ships, and there were only 6-8 small tables at the Mast Grill. This was an obvious change from the past. In addition, there were several tables and chairs at the Mast Bar, which is on the starboard side, and there was no smoking up there. If you wanted to smoke, you had to go one deck down on the pool deck to the smoking section on the port side.

I can only speak to Solstice. The Mast Grill is on the port side, and they had 12-14 tables for people to sit and eat. This was a big change as I have sailed on all of the S-Class ships, and there were only 6-8 small tables at the Mast Grill. This was an obvious change from the past. In addition, there were several tables and chairs at the Mast Bar, which is on the starboard side, and there was no smoking up there. If you wanted to smoke, you had to go one deck down on the pool deck to the smoking section on the port side.

Hope that becomes the case on all.

Hope that becomes the case on all.

We just a B2B cruise on the Equinox (24 and 31 March). The starboard side on deck 12 (pool deck) and deck 14 (one deck above the pool deck) where the Mast Bar is located are the smoking areas. The Mast Grill deck 14 port side no smoking.

We just a B2B cruise on the Equinox (24 and 31 March). The starboard side on deck 12 (pool deck) and deck 14 (one deck above the pool deck) where the Mast Bar is located are the smoking areas. The Mast Grill deck 14 port side no smoking.

I guess it's a ship-by-ship case. Did they have more than the 6-8 tables at the Mast Grill? There was no smoking on Solstice at the Mast Bar.

I guess it's a ship-by-ship case. Did they have more than the 6-8 tables at the Mast Grill? There was no smoking on Solstice at the Mast Bar.

Sounds like it. No smoking at the Mast Bar but the tables right by the bar all had ashtrays and smokers at them. Didn't count the tables by the Mast Grill but they were always full during sea days. Just a WAG but at least 8 tables.

Sounds like it. No smoking at the Mast Bar but the tables right by the bar all had ashtrays and smokers at them. Didn't count the tables by the Mast Grill but they were always full during sea days. Just a WAG but at least 8 tables.

I was really surprised on Solstice where they had 3 rows of at least 6-8 tables each, going all the way to the rail.

We always had to take our hamburgers in the OVC to eat them.

Interesting. We noticed on our recent Solstice cruise that the OVC buffet never had burgers or hot dogs or even french fries. You had to get them at the Mast Grill. Is this a trend now on other ships or was this just Solstice?

You may believe something if you wish, that's your right. That doesn't make it true. My DIL travels with an epi-pen always. When she worked in a restaurant years ago she went into anaphylactic shock while wiping a table that had been cleared of dishes where a salad with peanuts had been served. It was good that she had it . She was rushed to the hospital that day. She can't go to a baseball game or walk into a place that fries with peanut oil. She has to read ingredients carefully and must avoid thing made on shared equipment that also processes products with peanuts. She could not eat her wedding cake because they could not guarantee cross contamination of equipment .

On the other hand, I also know people that say they are allergic to things when they simply don't like them. That makes folks disbelieve the serious nature of true serious allergic reactions. A friend of mine claims to be allergic to eggs, yet she puts mayonnaise on everything! That same person eats cake without even glancing at ingredients.

Edited by Luvcrusn
Addition

Interesting. We noticed on our recent Solstice cruise that the OVC buffet never had burgers or hot dogs or even french fries. You had to get them at the Mast Grill. Is this a trend now on other ships or was this just Solstice?

I never said we got burgers, dogs and fries in the OVC. My post said, " We always had to take our hamburgers in the OVC to eat them".

I have noticed this for the hot dogs and hamburgers on other Solstice Class ships. But the OV usually has French Fries (or is it sometimes?). As I recall this change was some years ago.

I never said we got burgers, dogs and fries in the OVC. My post said, " We always had to take our hamburgers in the OVC to eat them".

Yes I do understand what you said. I was just asking others if burgers and hot dogs are no longer served in the OVC like the case on our recent Solstice cruise.

As you suggest, there are some posters that need to read up on highly refined peanut oil used in restaurants. There is a nice article by referencing The Peanut Institute. More anxiety than reality for some.

As you suggest, there are some posters that need to read up on highly refined peanut oil used in restaurants. There is a nice article by referencing The Peanut Institute. More anxiety than reality for some.[/quote

...and a deadly threat to others. Merely a whiff or something that is produced or processed on equipment that is shared with things containing peanuts presents my loved ones with the need for an epi-pen and a trip to the hospital.

As you suggest, there are some posters that need to read up on highly refined peanut oil used in restaurants. There is a nice article by referencing The Peanut Institute. More anxiety than reality for some.[/quote

...and a deadly threat to others. Merely a whiff or something that is produced or processed on equipment that is shared with things containing peanuts presents my loved ones with the need for an epi-pen and a trip to the hospital.

Peanut Oil: No Allergens

Since peanut oil is pressed from peanuts, some have questioned if peanut oil also contains peanut allergens. This question has confused many who would like to enjoy a Sichuan stir-fry, deep-fried turkey, or other foods cooked in peanut oil.

The fact is that highly refined peanut oil is different from peanuts, peanut butter, and peanut flour when it comes to allergy. This is because most peanut oil undergoes a refining process, in which it is purified, refined, bleached, and deodorized. When peanut oil is correctly processed and becomes highly refined, the proteins in the oil, which are the components in the oil that can cause allergic reaction, are removed. This makes the peanut oil allergen-free! The vast majority of peanut oil that is used in foodservice and by consumers in the U.S. is processed and is considered highly refined.