Grand princess and its window suites

PoohUnderstands

For some reason, my search vehicle will not work to look up past posts, so I will ask here again and thank you ahead of time for your patience and indulgence.

Looking to book a window suite on the Grand. I know she is an older ship (my kids went on it when it was brand new for their honeymoon for pete's sake!-grin), but she was refurbished in 2016, and having a window suite kinda interests me. Suite amenities (i.e. club class dining too) at a very affordable price and won't miss a balcony.

So what are these suites like? Any current information on the Grand and this type of suite would be greatly appreciated and I will report the search glitch ( or is it just my computer?)

Pooh

Location, location, location. It is mid ship, mid deck. Smooth riding anywhere. Well, yes, there is the occasional bump in the night due to heavy seas, but I'd rather be in this location than swaying up on top.

Just off the Caribbean Window Suites. Sabatini's and Club Class were excellent. Worth every cent of cost compared to balcony suites. If you can live without a balcony...then this is a good alternative.

Two years ago we received a free upgrade from an oceanview to a window suite! It happened less than a week prior to sailing. Since we were prepared for a "no balcony" experience, we were thrilled. We did experience some "thunks" during the night....some very loud, but it did not deter from our enjoyment of this suite. The bathroom is so big and felt luxurious compared to the standard ones. Also enjoyed all the perks, too. Loved breakfast in Sabatini's!

Thrak:

Thanks for the heads up on F301. I did notice that on the deck plans. I booked the furthest aft WS I could as several had already been booked. Got F307. Am really looking forward to this as I really can't get myself to pay suite prices. I picked this cruise just because of it being the Grand and having Window Suites! Am looking forward to the suite amenities. Hope I don't like them too much though! Grin. I usually do reserve CC MS so maybe one day in the future I will be offered a free upgrade or decent upsell to a suite and be able to enjoy the suite life again!

Pooh

Love the Window Suites, the perks for the Suites are all the same. Club Class on the Grand this spring was awesome. There was a dedicated head waiter for all sittings. On sea day lunches he prepared fresh pasta dishes, often different from menu ones. He also prepared omelets to order for breakfast. The wait staff was top notch. Friendly, fun and excellent survice. The ship is older but the condition was good. Recently off the Coral, their CC dining was a huge disappointment. You won't regret booking a WS I guarantee!

Lady Arwen:

Thanks for the good report on the WS. I, too, am looking forward to the breakfasts in Sabatini's. Breakfast is my favorite cruise meal if I am honest with myself.

Pooh

Actually the Suite breakfast on The Grand is now being served in the Crown Grill, not Sabatini's but same great service and food choices.

We frequently book WS when on the grand. But we cheapen the price by having 3-4 in the room. By my reckoning, it's a little less than the price of 2 insides if we have 3 in the room (and much less if we have 4) and has exactly the same space with a MUCH better bathroom (how I love the tub and separate shower!). Suite benefits, free mini-bar, flowers, chocolate, (icky) canapes and increased onboard credit. What more could I ask for? Well, a full suite would be nice, but that's completely out of my range.

What I have noticed is, when the stabilizers are being used, you'll get a rhythmic thump, thump. Minor, but if noise bothers you, take earplugs.

I hope you have your dream vacation!